Come meet Dan Marino in Vegas | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Come meet Dan Marino in Vegas

Met him a few times and can safely, Danny Boy is rude as **** lol

Hope you guys catch him on a good day. Jason Taylor is an asshole as well.
that's too bad... hopefully they were just having a bad day..
i met marino at an autograph show.. he and joe montana were signing autographs and the lines were long.. Montana, while signing rarely looked up, and his line went a lot quicker than Marino's.
Marino let people take pictures and was at least a little friendly that day..
i was on that damn line for about 7 hours that day for him to sign my helmet, lol

that's too bad... hopefully they were just having a bad day..
i met marino at an autograph show.. he and joe montana were signing autographs and the lines were long.. Montana, while signing rarely looked up, and his line went a lot quicker than Marino's.
Marino let people take pictures and was at least a little friendly that day..
i was on that damn line for about 7 hours that day for him to sign my helmet, lol

I've also heard from family that met him that Dan is a class A top notch asshole.

It might be different during public events where it's all about appearances, but catch him on any other occasion and you might ce away not liking him much.

To a degree I understand, he probably doesn't want to chit chat with everyone he hires to do work or comes across him at a store. Still though.

My wife and I were eating at a restaurant in Broward county in the mid 80’s and Marino came in with a couple of guys to have dinner. They were seated a couple of tables from us and while I knew who he was, I am not someone who goes up to public figures and bother them.

My wife and I were just sitting and eating and a young boy walked over to Marino with his father and introduced himself and asked Marino for his autograph. Marino looked up at the father and stated rather loudly, “ Why would you have your son interrupt me while I’m out with friends having dinner”.

The father didn’t say anything except,” I‘m sorry” and told his son to come on. Marino didn’t sign anything for the young boy and he continued to complain to his friends about being bothered all the time when he was out in public.

Marino was still a young QB in the league and I’m sure he got a lot of attention when he was out in public, but I assume that young boy and his father weren’t Marino fans after that encounter.

I have heard from a few other people that Marino can be rude when people approach him in public but I really only cared about how he played on game days. The fact he could be a jackass off the field was irrelevant to me. I think many of the high profile players in professional sports are rude at times too.

I had the good fortune to meet several of the Dolphin players from the early 1970’s teams. I found most of them to be extremely friendly and approachable. Yet that was back when players didn’t make much money and many of them had second jobs to support themselves and their families during the off season. So they were working around the public for half the year in many cases.

The more money the players are paid today and the fact few of them do anything but train year round gives them less exposure to the public than the old time NFL players who seemed to always be out in public.

My wife and I were eating at a restaurant in Broward county in the mid 80’s and Marino came in with a couple of guys to have dinner. They were seated a couple of tables from us and while I knew who he was, I am not someone who goes up to public figures and bother them.

My wife and I were just sitting and eating and a young boy walked over to Marino with his father and introduced himself and asked Marino for his autograph. Marino looked up at the father and stated rather loudly, “ Why would you have your son interrupt me while I’m out with friends having dinner”.

The father didn’t say anything except,” I‘m sorry” and told his son to come on. Marino didn’t sign anything for the young boy and he continued to complain to his friends about being bothered all the time when he was out in public.

Marino was still a young QB in the league and I’m sure he got a lot of attention when he was out in public, but I assume that young boy and his father weren’t Marino fans after that encounter.

I have heard from a few other people that Marino can be rude when people approach him in public but I really only cared about how he played on game days. The fact he could be a jackass off the field was irrelevant to me. I think many of the high profile players in professional sports are rude at times too.

I had the good fortune to meet several of the Dolphin players from the early 1970’s teams. I found most of them to be extremely friendly and approachable. Yet that was back when players didn’t make much money and many of them had second jobs to support themselves and their families during the off season. So they were working around the public for half the year in many cases.

The more money the players are paid today and the fact few of them do anything but train year round gives them less exposure to the public than the old time NFL players who seemed to always be out in public.
ifsh7mi091i31.jpg

But you know who is the most gracious awesomely nice sports figure you can ever meet in public? Charles Barkley...have a great story about him but don't wanna write it out...but Chuck is an awesome guy

I love that this post is like:
Yes, I have an amazing story aboit Barkley. No, you can't hear it.

I was able to attend two preseason games in Denver in the 1980's when I was a kid. I adored Coach Shula and Marino, and was able to get Marino's autograph both times--one on a program and one on his football card. I don't think he played in either game--Strock and Jaworski both signed for me when they were backups. Coach, Duper, Clayton and others made time to sign for me and other fans. I remember receiving a wristband and towel from players too--great memories and I still have all the autographs and swag.

Back
Top Bottom