Complete list of games where Chad Henne has choked | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Complete list of games where Chad Henne has choked

Stats don't mean ****. Wins do! Henne doesn't win. Even if it's the teams fault for losing, the loss goes on the QB's record. The blame falls on Henne's shoulder for not showing up when it mattered. He had to go 10 yards to give Carpenter at least a chance. He didn't.

agree that henne has had his share of meltdowns but that last drive had more to do with oline play than qb play. henne had bess wide open on 3rd down but the DE came in virtually untouched and disrupted the play. Henne should shoulder his fair share of the blame for losing today but that last drive does not fall solely on him CHOKING

The funny thing about this game was that I thought for sure Colt McCoy would try to do too much and throw an interception on that last Browns drive.

Instead, McCoy wins the game for his team, and Henne comes in and throws the interception.

Henne is a big issue with scoring points. But this team is completely incapable of creating scores via big plays. I watch a lot of games and every team has 1 big play score a game. I can't remeber the last chunk yardage score we had. Also the running game is brutal in the redzone. A lot of teams score on PA especially teams like the Pats. Our inabilty to run in the redzone makes PA plays worthless. Along with the fact we have poor playmakers at Tight End.

Ultimately it does go on the QB's back. A franchise QB lifts his team and puts it on his shoulders. Henne is not a franchise QB and just like Romo (Who is leaps and bounds better than Henne), will take all the heat for the teams failure. Its the way it is Henne will take the heat because he is not a leader.
Stats don't mean ****. Wins do! Henne doesn't win. Even if it's the teams fault for losing, the loss goes on the QB's record. The blame falls on Henne's shoulder for not showing up when it mattered. He had to go 10 yards to give Carpenter at least a chance. He didn't.

Henne is a big issue with scoring points. But this team is completely incapable of creating scores via big plays. I watch a lot of games and every team has 1 big play score a game. I can't remeber the last chunk yardage score we had. Also the running game is brutal in the redzone. A lot of teams score on PA especially teams like the Pats. Our inabilty to run in the redzone makes PA plays worthless. Along with the fact we have poor playmakers at Tight End.

That is a good point. Even when our players get the ball in the open field they don't make anything happen. It is kind of sickening.

Ultimately it does go on the QB's back. A franchise QB lifts his team and puts it on his shoulders. Henne is not a franchise QB and just like Romo (Who is leaps and bounds better than Henne), will take all the heat for the teams failure. Its the way it is Henne will take the heat because he is not a leader.

It's the nature of the game. The QB takes the brunt of the losses. Just how the NFL works. Sucks for us fans because we are such a lethargic team all around, and Henne hasn't done enough to change that.

That is a good point. Even when our players get the ball in the open field they don't make anything happen. It is kind of sickening.

Some Examples of scores or plays today that we never do

Drayton Florence Int return for TD
Percy Harvin 39 yd run
AP 43 yd run
Best 60 yd catch
Houston Saints game full of chunk plays and scores.
V. Cruz 74 and 28 yd tds
Brandon Jacobs 40 yd TD rec.
M Thomas 36 yd TD
Mcfadden 70 yd td run
LT 76 yd TD Rec
T Smith 74 and 42 yd TD Rec
Ngata 28 yd Fumble Rec
B. Gibson 34 yd td rec
Bears 40 37 and 32 yd recs

Just a quick browse of what went on in the league today. Scoring in the Redzone is important but scoring outside of it is just as. The real difference between teams that score a bunch is more about big plays. Today we were destroyed by managing the football and boom a sack or penatly kills that plan. Big plays is the key. I don't know if this is Henne, lack of playmakers, lack of game play design and playcall, or all the above. DT might be able to make plays if a hole is ever created. To get the rushing yards he has the last week with the limited running lanes he has had is pretty amazing.

Add Ben to Wallace for an 80 yard TD to that list.. We never have plays like this.. Maybe because we have no leader on offense.
Some Examples of scores or plays today that we never do

Drayton Florence Int return for TD
Percy Harvin 39 yd run
AP 43 yd run
Best 60 yd catch
Houston Saints game full of chunk plays and scores.
V. Cruz 74 and 28 yd tds
Brandon Jacobs 40 yd TD rec.
M Thomas 36 yd TD
Mcfadden 70 yd td run
LT 76 yd TD Rec
T Smith 74 and 42 yd TD Rec
Ngata 28 yd Fumble Rec
B. Gibson 34 yd td rec
Bears 40 37 and 32 yd recs

Just a quick browse of what went on in the league today. Scoring in the Redzone is important but scoring outside of it is just as. The real difference between teams that score a bunch is more about big plays. Today we were destroyed by managing the football and boom a sack or penatly kills that plan. Big plays is the key. I don't know if this is Henne, lack of playmakers, lack of game play design and playcall, or all the above. DT might be able to make plays if a hole is ever created. To get the rushing yards he has the last week with the limited running lanes he has had is pretty amazing.

henne is by no means clutch or anything, and hes far from the answer.

however, i would not pin the loss on him today. did he play great? no. however, they had a 6 pt lead with under 3 to go. that means the cleveland browns offense, led by colt mccoy, not peyton manning, aaron rodgers, joe montana, tom brady, etc, but colt mccoy, had to march down the field and score A TOUCHDOWN , and our defense failed to stop him. its a team game, but the defense had to just make one big stop, forget allowing them into mia territory, just dont let this high powered offense ( sarcasm) of mccoy, massaquoi, watson, etc march down the field, and they did.

as for the other games u listed, like the 09 pats game, how exactly did henne choke that game away. henne played really well that game, leading us back from 14-0 and converted some big 4th downs which led us to the win. he did not choke that game.

he has choked lots of games away, but dont just make it seem like he choked every game.

i dont remember the rest of ur list, but im sure their are others u listed that he didnt actuall choke. again, im not a big henne fan and not trying to defend him, we need a new qb, etc, but dont just pin every past game we lost due to him choking when its not exactly the case.

Silly me...and he I was thinking the defense choked away a 20+ lead by halftime against the Saints two years ago.....

Thanks for clearing that up.....

Henne is a GREAT backup, but he just doesnt have IT as a starter... He doesnt take over games. He doesnt make the crucial game-winning throws. He is a backup stuck in a starter's body...

Silly me...and he I was thinking the defense choked away a 20+ lead by halftime against the Saints last year.....

Thanks for clearing that up.....

What were hennes stats during the second half? Didn't he throw two pick 6s? Tough to win when your qb gives the other team 14 points.

I did point out that Henne made a lot of good plays to get us back in that NE 2009 game. But once he took the lead he came out and really struggled, throwing passes that were nowhere near his receivers, unlike anything he had done previously in the game. I pointed it out at the time and what I heard in response was "Henning, Henning, Henning."

I wasn't trying to say that Henne had a bad total game, I'm saying that he had played badly in the 4th quarter of that game when he could have sealed a win. I'm not trying to establish that Henne is bad all the time, I'm trying to show the psychological profile of a player who plays immensely worse with games on the line than he does at any other time.

henne was a loser in college. can never win the big game. i gave hime a shot this year at the start, but 0-3 ended that. SUCK FOR LUCK

Back
Top Bottom