Complete list of games where Chad Henne has choked | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Complete list of games where Chad Henne has choked

I think the lack of chunk plays is hurting us more than our Red zone performance. Now before this weel I saw a chart on my fantasy sight about Red Zone efficiency and believe we Henne was up there on Red Zone chances. However he wasn't the worst on Red Zone efficiency by any means. In fact some QB's this site is in love with, Matt Ryan and Josh Freeman, were both worse.

I mis spoke, Ryan was not worse but Flacco, Schaub, Brees, Freeman, Rodgers and Cutler all are. Henne was 22% efficient, all of the other guys were worse. The difference being the other guys hit some big plays Henne does not. In fact I don't think Miami has a TD from outside the redzone in 2011.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the lack of chunk plays is hurting us more than our Red zone performance. Now before this weel I saw a chart on my fantasy sight about Red Zone efficiency and believe we Henne was up there on Red Zone chances. However he wasn't the worst on Red Zone efficiency by any means. In fact some QB's this site is in love with, Matt Ryan and Josh Freeman, were both worse.

Kind of like a good QB struggling in the preseason, it's not as much of a worry when a good QB has a couple bad games in one area. Why? Because these guys have proven in their careers that they can get the job done. All Henne has done except for about two games in his career is be able to get to the brink of victory and 9/10 times, fail to get over the hump. We're not looking at just a three game struggle here, we're looking at a career long struggle that utterly defines him.

While we didn't have any real "chunk" plays in the last game, we got a number in the Pats game and a couple more in the Texans, but the problem is our chunk plays don't end in the end zone, they end in the red zone, and no matter how we get there we're failing to get a TD 70 percent of the time.

Kind of like a good QB struggling in the preseason, it's not as much of a worry when a good QB has a couple bad games in one area. Why? Because these guys have proven in their careers that they can get the job done. All Henne has done except for about two games in his career is be able to get to the brink of victory and 9/10 times, fail to get over the hump. We're not looking at just a three game struggle here, we're looking at a career long struggle that utterly defines him.

While we didn't have any real "chunk" plays in the last game, we got a number in the Pats game and a couple more in the Texans, but the problem is our chunk plays don't end in the end zone, they end in the red zone, and no matter how we get there we're failing to get a TD 70 percent of the time.

I meant chunk plays resulting in a TD. In fact I think every TD the 2011 fins have scored has been from in the redzone.

I meant chunk plays resulting in a TD. In fact I think every TD the 2011 fins have scored has been from in the redzone.

That definitely makes sense. We really need to find that special screen play to a guy like Marlon Moore, or just a crossing route to Bush that really gets him in space.

That definitely makes sense. We really need to find that special screen play to a guy like Marlon Moore, or just a crossing route to Bush that really gets him in space.

I think we still have a plodding offense. The speed we did get is really raw (Gates) or used incorrectly (Bush). There is still nobody who scares a defense vertically, same as last year.

Back
Top Bottom