Confirmed Dolphins on Hard Knocks -- Here we come!!!! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Confirmed Dolphins on Hard Knocks -- Here we come!!!!

That is how you are justifying this?
By comparing it to a completely different situation. Wow. The Bengals had success after HK's so that means we will. Nice try.:rolleyes2:

What proof do you have that doing the show is a bad thing?

Or, maybe, you just enjoy being negative without facts to support your position.

True. But Rex Ryan was only in his second year. It's not like the NFL is new to Philbin. I guess my thinking is, a camera crew shouldn't hinder a coach from coaching a training camp. If you can't handle that, then there's no way you can handle a season.

It's just unnecessary. Like I said before this is another Ross publicity stunt.
This team needs to develop an identity on the football field not on a reality show.
This won't win us any games which is the only thing that brings this franchise back.
To suggest that people were crying because they disagree with this move is classless on your part. I'm entitled to my opinion that this is a mistake for such a young team.
I haven't been here that long but I get the feeling that fans flip flop a lot on this board. We draft a QB and all of a sudden the Dolphins can do no wrong.
I like Philbin I think he will do well but this just doesn't help in any way shape or form.

It's just unnecessary. Like I said before this is another Ross publicity stunt.
This team needs to develop an identity on the football field not on a reality show.
This won't win us any games which is the only thing that brings this franchise back.
To suggest that people were crying because they disagree with this move is classless on your part. I'm entitled to my opinion that this is a mistake for such a young team.
I haven't been here that long but I get the feeling that fans flip flop a lot on this board. We draft a QB and all of a sudden the Dolphins can do no wrong.
I like Philbin I think he will do well but this just doesn't help in any way shape or form.

If you want to disagree with it, then fine. that's your opinion. I will never deny someone's right to an opinion. But "classless" or not, I still say that the crying over it being a distraction, is just someone complaining just to complain. There's no proof of it as being a distraction.
2001 Ravens: 10-6 and playoffs
2002 Cowboys: 5-11
2007 Chiefs: 4-12, losing 9 straight after Larry Johnson was injured
2008 Cowboys: 9-7, one game short of playoffs after losing Tony Romo for 3 games
2009 Bengals: 10-6 and playoffs
2010 Jets: 11-5, one game from Super Bowl

Of these six years, half made the playoffs, and half did not make playoffs. Of those who did not make the playoffs, they were either bad teams to begin with, or hindered by injuries. So I don't really see how you can justify that the show had any effect on them at all

If you want to disagree with it, then fine. that's your opinion. I will never deny someone's right to an opinion. But "classless" or not, I still say that the crying over it being a distraction, is just someone complaining just to complain. There's no proof of it as being a distraction.
2001 Ravens: 10-6 and playoffs
2002 Cowboys: 5-11
2007 Chiefs: 4-12, losing 9 straight after Larry Johnson was injured
2008 Cowboys: 9-7, one game short of playoffs after losing Tony Romo for 3 games
2009 Bengals: 10-6 and playoffs
2010 Jets: 11-5, one game from Super Bowl

Of these six years, half made the playoffs, and half did not make playoffs. Of those who did not make the playoffs, they were either bad teams to begin with, or hindered by injuries. So I don't really see how you can justify that the show had any effect on them at all

What happens in the the past has no bearing on the future.
I've given you my concerns and you've chose to ignore them.
I see no reason to put a young team in the spotlight.
It's pointless and is a business move that helps the football team in zero ways.

What happens in the the past has no bearing on the future.
I've given you my concerns and you've chose to ignore them.
I see no reason to put a young team in the spotlight.
It's pointless and is a business move that helps the football team in zero ways.

I never said what happened in the past will happen again. I was simply posting about how much the show distracted those playoff teams.
I'm not ignoring your concerns. I'm stating why I'm not concerned about what you're concerned about.
Right. Because being OUT of the spotlight was SURE selling tickets

I never said what happened in the past will happen again. I was simply posting about how much the show distracted those playoff teams.
I'm not ignoring your concerns. I'm stating why I'm not concerned about what you're concerned about.
Right. Because being OUT of the spotlight was SURE selling tickets

Losses are what directly reflects the lack of ticket sales or no shows.
Putting them on HK will not fill the stadium although Ross probably believes it.
We start winning and that is when the fans come back. A reality show is going to get that done.

Killerphins: We get it. You are overly concerned with your precious team being EXPOSED by this ENORMOUS spotlight that will bring this team down because of their lack of identity.

This is HBO. This is a 5 episode mini-series that plenty will tune into, along with the members of media and they will make their comments after the shows. How bad the fins are, or how classy Philbin is, or how BEAST Wake is, how Ireland hates prostitute's children, if Miller can be healthy enough to contribute, is Tannehill the next franchise QB, etc. AND THAT IS IT!

Once this show is over, IT'S OVER! Sure references will be made to it depending on what happens to the team as the season starts, but do you honestly think once this season starts to roll that the Dolphins organization and it's players will give 2 sh*t's about how they were "perceived" by journalists and media personalities? No way in hell. Once Week 1 rolls in it is all about the regular season and not a TV show from training camp. That will be the national SPOTLIGHT

Philbin is approaching this with open arms. Of all people he is the ONE person I would be concerned with in regards to the decision to have hard knocks in their house. He is giving his seal of approval.

Are you going to tell me a measly 24 man TV crew, which will be spread out amongst many different storylines happening at once, will change this man's plan and approach? I don't buy that for a second. These guys are familiar with the media. They are familiar with cameras. I work in TV in professional sports and some of the things I have noticed on this show specifically is the way that they shoot a large portion of the on field activities (when the coaching staff is working with the players on the field). The cameras are not constantly being shoved in everyone's faces, but yet set back, out of the way using long zooms and wireless audio mic's or parabolic mic's as a fly on the wall approach. And behind the scenes in a lot of the meeting rooms and offices they have robotic cameras that are unobtrusive. So while they know that the cameras are there, they aren't being bombarded by them.

So in reality, it's not like this massive operation is posting up on their turf and running amuck. For the most part they are quietly observing and following the stories they hope unfold while finding new one's develop daily. How is this such a BIG DISTRACTION?!

The players will be working hard regardless and the coaching staff will lay down their discipline and gameplan regardless.

Take this for what it is...an uncanny, unique and rare insightful perspective of a team that means so much to us as fans, while being captured beautifully by highly talented professionals. Lighten up and enjoy what is sure to be a 5 episode gem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Killerphins: We get it. You are overly concerned with your precious team being EXPOSED by this ENORMOUS spotlight that will bring this team down because of their lack of identity.

This is HBO. This is a 5 episode mini-series that plenty will tune into, along with the members of media and they will make their comments after the shows. How bad the fins are, or how classy Philbin is, or how BEAST Wake is, how Ireland hates prostitute's children, if Miller can be healthy enough to contribute, is Tannehill the next franchise QB, etc. AND THAT IS IT!

Once this show is over, IT'S OVER! Sure references will be made to it depending on what happens to the team as the season starts, but do you honestly think once this season starts to roll that the Dolphins organization and it's players will give 2 sh*t's about how they were "perceived" by journalists and media personalities? No way in hell. Once Week 1 rolls in it is all about the regular season and not a TV show from training camp. That will be the national SPOTLIGHT

Philbin is approaching this with open arms. Of all people he is the ONE person I would be concerned with in regards to the decision to have hard knocks in their house. He is giving his seal of approval.

Are you going to tell me a measly 24 man TV crew, which will be spread out amongst many different storylines happening at once, will change this man's plan and approach? I don't buy that for a second. These guys are familiar with the media. They are familiar with cameras. I work in TV in professional sports and some of the things I have noticed on this show specifically is the way that they shoot a large portion of the on field activities (when the coaching staff is working with the players on the field). The cameras are not constantly being shoved in everyone's faces, but yet set back, out of the way using long zooms and wireless audio mic's or parabolic mic's as a fly on the wall approach. And behind the scenes in a lot of the meeting rooms and offices they have robotic cameras that are unobtrusive. So while they know that the cameras are there, they aren't being bombarded by them.

So in reality, it's not like this massive operation is posting up on their turf and running amuck. For the most part they are quietly observing and following the stories they hope unfold while finding new one's develop daily. How is this such a BIG DISTRACTION?!

The players will be working hard regardless and the coaching staff will lay down their discipline and gameplan regardless.

Take this for what it is...an uncanny, unique and rare insightful perspective of a team that means so much to us as fans, while being captured beautifully by highly talented professionals. Lighten up and enjoy what is sure to be a 5 episode gem.
Nailed it!

Call me old fashion but I would rather see notoriety on the football field than on HBO.
Camera crews in our building for all to see. Not a big fan of that. We are rebuilding. Only delivers added pressure.
Entertainment has nothing to do with translation to the football field.
Someone needs to mention that to Ross.

Call me old fashion but I would rather see notoriety on the football field than on HBO.
Camera crews in our building for all to see. Not a big fan of that. We are rebuilding. Only delivers added pressure.
Entertainment has nothing to do with translation to the football field.
Someone needs to mention that to Ross.
I guess they should tell philbin first.

Jesus-Christ-on-a-rocket-powered-pogo-stick ...

Some people will bitch and moan about anything. :bobdole:

IF a player can't handle the pressure of HBO's cameras, then how the hell is he supposed to perform on Sundays?

-------------

This is cool for US - you know, the fans! More insight into the team we love is a good thing.

Mr. Freeze for the win. I'm so stoked about getting to watch the Fins on Hard Knocks.

Back
Top Bottom