Confirmed Tua’s CT and MRI came back clean | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Confirmed Tua’s CT and MRI came back clean

Who really knows what will happen? I know the league is really sensitive to outside pressure, especially about concussions. They already changed their protocols mid-season. Just imagine the outcry if Tua plays again this season and gets another concussion.
Concussions are a nature of the beast. There’s no way to tell when it will happen again. If they’re scared to put Tua on the field because of what’s being said even after passing all the tests then they should just let him retire. Players in this game get concussions, can’t stop it. It was magnified because it was on prime time and the injury prior happened so close to it.

As I pointed out in a different post, nothing threatens the long term viability of the league like concussions or a gambling scandal. There are all kinds of doctors out there saying Tua shouldn’t play again this season. You are not being realistic if you don’t think the NFL if aware of this and sensitive to it.
I'm very realistic and I know how it works. Once a player is cleared to play after having a concussion they usually play the very next game. That's what I see happening with Tua. He already did testing and everything came back clean. They have no authority to keep a player out once he is cleared to return.

I'm very realistic and I know how it works. Once a player is cleared to play after having a concussion they usually play the very next game. That's what I see happening with Tua. He already did testing and everything came back clean. They have no authority to keep a player out once he is cleared to return.
What most of you guys are ignoring, is that it is being assumed that Tua has had two concussions in a four day span. Of course if we were only talking about what happened in the Cincinnati game all it would take is him clearing protocol and he would be back. The whole world is in uproar because they believe Tua shouldn’t have played against Cincinnati and because he did, he got another concussion. What would the reaction be if he sustained another concussion this year? The league will definitely be sensitive to that.

NFL is only now aware about concussions and the pressure it puts on players etc................. NFL is also the biggest money making machine in pro sports.......................

This now Tuacentric view that things will change is totally Miami centered ........

Tua, Like any pro-sport athlete will play when medically cleared.....It won't be doctors looking in from Zoom screens deciding or media or pressure or anything else.....It will be team doctors and whoever else is in the return to play protocol and they will decide for Tua like any other player.........

The only other deciding factor may be someone in Tua's life like is new wife (ask Brady how that helps him decide on football related things) or his parents (nah they seem to be driven by Tua's success too......We know it won't be Tua himself.....man is a freaking warrior.......

Will we be scared to see another concussion........will we be scared to draft Jelan Phillips (drops due to history of concussions) That is up to everyone....But I believe Tua will not have fear when he returns and believe he will leave things in the hands of whom he believes in.

Bless Tua whatever he decides and count our blessings for witnessing this young guy wear a Dolphins uniform and for every game that he still may do so..............

The league doesn’t but the team does. I don’t know if that’ll happen and maybe I’m just used to things going as bad as they can for us. I do find it weird that Tua is the only player with vitriol and outrage attached to his situation. The bills Db went to the hospital with a similar if not more scary injury and played today. Where the headlines and talk show hosts coming unglued?

All I want Tua to do when he returns is throw it away sometimes. It’s okay to take the incompletion and live another play. Also when the pocket breaks down keep rolling away from it towards the sideline.

What most of you guys are ignoring, is that it is being assumed that Tua has had two concussions in a four day span. Of course if we were only talking about what happened in the Cincinnati game all it would take is him clearing protocol and he would be back. The whole world is in uproar because they believe Tua shouldn’t have played against Cincinnati and because he did, he got another concussion. What would the reaction be if he sustained another concussion this year?
'The Whole World....." that view speaks to the paranoia that prevents people from achieving great things. Tua, I am sure is not made from the same cloth of FEAR

As another poster said, Tua is a grown man and this is how he makes a living. If he's medically cleared to play and Tua wants to continue playing it would be downright pathetic for the NFL to force him to take an extended time off just to please all the SJW pussies out there crying about how cruel the league is for making him play after that Thur. game. This is football you b*****
Right, either let him play or shut down the whole f'in league and we can all just watch figure skating.

What most of you guys are ignoring, is that it is being assumed that Tua has had two concussions in a four day span. Of course if we were only talking about what happened in the Cincinnati game all it would take is him clearing protocol and he would be back. The whole world is in uproar because they believe Tua shouldn’t have played against Cincinnati and because he did, he got another concussion. What would the reaction be if he sustained another concussion this year? The league will definitely be sensitive to that.
And how are they going to be able to prove that he actually did have a concussion in the Bills game? Tua and McDaniel already said it was a back injury.

I’m worried that they will force him to miss the rest of the season.
I'm actually thinking that may have been Tuas last game as a fin. Regardless of how he was doing and his improvements, he is out every single year for something different. This is the icing on the cake. It is now political and is being scrutinized with a fine comb. If they let him play again this year I will be shocked. I think his injury history will garner the Dolphins to think QB in the draft.

Regardless of what any of us thinks or says, I personally think it is in his best interest to stop playing football. I'm not an emotional guy but I was scared for him when that ish happened on Thursday. I can only imagine how his family felt. He has suffered an enormous amount of injuries. He would be better off being involved in the NFL in another capacity than being a player.

He was cleared after the Buffalo game also. It hasn’t stopped the outrage from the media and the talking heads. Listen, I don’t even think he had a concussion in the Buffalo game, but it really doesn’t matter what you or I think, most people believe it. Perception is reality in this case. Hell, a doctor was already fired over it and the league made a rule change because of it. Don’t act like the league isn’t feeling the pressure. Nobody wants to see Tua back in the field more than I do. I think the season is over if he doesn’t return. I couldn’t bare having to watch Bridgewater play for an extended period of time.

He was cleared after the Buffalo game also. It hasn’t stopped the outrage from the media and the talking heads. Listen, I don’t even think he had a concussion in the Buffalo game, but it really doesn’t matter what you or I think, most people believe it. Perception is reality in this case. Hell, a doctor was already fired over it and the league made a rule change because of it. Don’t act like the league isn’t feeling the pressure. Nobody wants to see Tua back in the field more than I do. I think the season is over if he doesn’t return. I couldn’t bare having to watch Bridgewater play for an extended period of time.
What you don’t get is how can the league keep him from playing once he is medically cleared to play? That would start a firestorm as well. Players get concussions all the time and a lot of them come back the very next week. Tua would be no different.

Back
Top Bottom