Cook Coming to Miami is now Cooking | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cook Coming to Miami is now Cooking

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is not a response to the question. Can I just assume you pulled 50/50 out of the air? Somewhere else?
It is my view based on the info available to me. An educated opinion.

It's not about you. It has to do with the credibility of the source. Unless it's someone like Shefter, Glazer, King, etc. They aren't credible without saying who their source is.

If you want to believe every Twatter with a checkmark is credible, that's fine. Most of us don't. You say multiple sources. It isn't an insult that we asked you to show us which sources is it? It is a fair question to ask, IMO.

Also, conventional forum etiquette is the one making the claim has the burdon. It isn't up to us to track down the info.

To be fair, there is a LOT of smoke about this, and it was pretty widely reported that the Dolphins did in fact try to trade for Cook earlier in the offseason.

EDIT: Also...that's not how sources work. You should know this.

I disagree. The source is me believing for the first time that there is a fair shot at Cook coming here. If that is not good enough, call me a liar or move on. I am very tired of being asked for links. Consider me "The Missing Link."

In my entire posting career I have never posted a single thing from twitter.
Your OP said "multiple sources". Are you all of them?

Come on bro, your getting offended for ppl asking who are the sources? When a good part of the premise for the thread was based on that?

To quote our president, "come on man"

No, I have nothing better to do and just come here to lie. You should ignore whatever I post. All more lies and just believe the internet. LOL
Don't get your panties in a wad, princess. It has nothing to do with you. I was wanting to see what sources you had and read the info for myself instead of blindly accepting someone's word.

Starting a thread quoting "multiple sources" without listing a single one is the same as Random Twitter Joe quoting "multiple sources" and pulling a clump of crap out of his ass.

To be fair, there is a LOT of smoke about this, and it was pretty widely reported that the Dolphins did in fact try to trade for Cook earlier in the offseason.
Yes. I alluded to that earlier. I would distinguish between "inquired about" and "tried to trade for", though.

I'm sure we inquired about a hundred guys.

Gents, here's the thing.

There are people on this board who legitimately hear things from actual sources. There are also people who make **** up.

The tricky part is this: People who have actual sources usually can't reveal their sources. Why? Because they'll lose them as a source if they do that.

Well typically, on the internet, when someone references sources, they will usually link it to something. Or at least "i heard on so and so"
Have to disagree. I've been doing this a long time and recall the old Herald form. We had HOF posters and all agreed that those asking for links just did not know enough to question the post and wanted to post something. They did not last long. LOL

That said, multiple sources speaks for themselves and anyone can google it to find out. I do not have the time or inclanation to look stuff up for people. I have a secretary for that.

Yes. I alluded to that earlier. I would distinguish between "inquired about" and "tried to trade for", though.

I'm sure we inquired about a hundred guys.

There's a little more than that here. We know three things at the absolute least:

1) It was reported that the Dolphins and Vikings reportedly had some dialogue exploring a trade involving running back Dalvin Cook.

2) It was reported that there was an offer for Dalvin Cook.

3) It was reported that the Vikings may cut Cook.

Speculation on Cook joining Miami isn't equal to those other "hundred guys." It just isn't.

Hard no unless they are giving him away and paying some of his salary.

Right now he has a cap hit of 14 million which there is zero way Miami can absorb. I have no interest in extending this guy to lower that number so he only makes sense to me as a one year rental as you could cut him next year and suffer only 3 million in deadd cap and save 12 million which is what I would do.

I don't see how Miami could bring him in to play this year ar a number that makes sense without giving up too much to Minn in return.

I can't see how this could happen where it would not be a bad deal for the Fins.That is not even bringing up his long and varied injury history.

Even the proposed Ced Wilson for Cook and a 4th would cost Miami about 6 million in Cap space which would be doable if they can designate Byron Jones post June 1 Cap savings toward the deal, or create some space by extending Wilkins or something like that.

I would not hate this deal but I would not love it either.

Pass and take one of the dozen quality RB options in this Draft and pay them peanuts for 4 years, you know like a smart team would do.

Whether or not Cook becomes a Dolphin, remains to be seen. Its possible Minnesota and Miami have kept intouch over the possibility of a trade. The question is who blinks first? There is also the possibility Cook and Minnesota are in a standoff in terms of restructure, trade or release? Cook seemingly is dug in at wanting out. But what if it's all a ploy? If he's actually released, can Miami afford him? Will they actually pay him big money? I'd watch to see what Miami does during the draft at the RB position. If they take one with the 51st or 84th picks, I'd think Cook won't be a Dolphin. Will Cook take less to play in his home state? Lots of burning questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom