Cook Coming to Miami is now Cooking | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cook Coming to Miami is now Cooking

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's stated he wants to come back to Florida and doesn't want to go to Buffalo due to his brother. If I were Miami I'd just wait it out, he's going to get released, why trade for him if you can just sign him.
There are 3 teams in Florida. He didn’t say he wanted to come back to South Florida. He merely stated he wants to come back to Florida. So the Dolphins aren’t the only team that meets that criteria.

There are 3 teams in Florida. He didn’t say he wanted to come back to South Florida. He merely stated he wants to come back to Florida. So the Dolphins aren’t the only team that meets that criteria.
That's exactly what I said, Florida. lol. Just wait and see, if you're telling me his choice is 1) Jacksonville 2) Tampa or 3) his home city of Miami, there is only one choice if a deal is on the table.

So why trade when you have all the advantage :shrug:

Have to disagree. I've been doing this a long time and recall the old Herald form. We had HOF posters and all agreed that those asking for links just did not know enough to question the post and wanted to post something. They did not last long. LOL

That said, multiple sources speaks for themselves and anyone can google it to find out. I do not have the time or inclanation to look stuff up for people. I have a secretary for that.
lol ok

Very on this board get the benefit of the doubt of having true sources. We trust them. Maybe one you’ll be like them, but for now…. nah

Anyways, Cook has been one of my favorite rb’s in the league since he was drafted. So I would be excited if we can add him, without paying a day 2 pick. And without that big ol contract he has.

Hopefully they cut him and he wants to just come here

I also like a lot of the rookies so it shouldn’t be hard to make me happy this off-season

I'm not speaking for him, but I can give you an example. Last offseason, I was told that certain Dolphins defensive players were PISSED that Gerald Alexander was fired and Boyer was kept. They felt Alexander had a lot to do with how well the defense performed.

This was not firsthand information. It was told to me by a person who was in direct communication with a source. This source was having direct conversations with players. I trust the person who gave me the information.

But, the person who told me this specifically said "you didn't hear this from me." So I won't, short of torture, reveal where that information came from.
That's fine, and I understand what you are saying.

Do you believe that is the case here? I doubt it.

It's one thing to get a piece of inside info. It's another to cite "multiple sources", then refuse to elaborate.

If it's multiple, it's not likely an inside piece of information.

Gents, here's the thing.

There are people on this board who legitimately hear things from actual sources. There are also people who make **** up.

The tricky part is this: People who have actual sources usually can't reveal their sources. Why? Because they'll lose them as a source if they do that.

Exactly.

Which is why GRYPHONK can not say how GRYPHONK knows Cook will be a Phin by May 30th the latest.

I'm not speaking for him, but I can give you an example. Last offseason, I was told that certain Dolphins defensive players were PISSED that Gerald Alexander was fired and Boyer was kept. They felt Alexander had a lot to do with how well the defense performed.

This was not firsthand information. It was told to me by a person who was in direct communication with a source. This source was having direct conversations with players. I trust the person who gave me the information.

But, the person who told me this specifically said "you didn't hear this from me." So I won't, short of torture, reveal where that information came from.
The problem with your source regarding Alexander is he has not been hired by anyone in the NFL or college to be a coach since he was fired by the Dolphins.

If he was as good a coach as his wife said he was, you would have thought teams would have been beating down the door to hire him once he left the Dolphins.

The Dolphins also signed back nearly every defensive player from the 2021 defense for last season. So I don’t believe there were players on the Dolphins defense who were upset Alexander was fired and Boyer was kept as the DC.

I was happy to see Boyer replaced by Fangio after the season but I don’t think firing Alexander was a mistake at all.

Last edited:
Cook either will be a Dolphin, or he won't. Hence-50/50!! LOL.

Lol exactly.

I remember getting roasted on here for implying the Buffalo Miami playoff game wad 50/50. Because they either win or lose. No other options. But there was only a 1% or no chance Miami wins.

After getting roasted I chuckled with how the game went.

Same thing here. You are right, 50/50. He either is or isn't lol.

Lol exactly.

I remember getting roasted on here for implying the Buffalo Miami playoff game wad 50/50. Because they either win or lose. No other options. But there was only a 1% or no chance Miami wins.

After getting roasted I chuckled with how the game went.

Same thing here. You are right, 50/50. He either is or isn't lol.
Lol.....

That's like saying it's 50/50 that you win the lotto. It's a ridiculous statement. It isn't even semantics. It's just saying something that is totally out of context with the actual meaning.

I mean to be honest and if you are honest to yourself, does Miami really need Cook or is he a luxury piece? I lean more toward a luxury piece to be honest and as much as I'd be excited to see the signing, I don't want it to come at the expense of a stud TE or O-linemen in the draft.

We need some young talent and losing the 1st via the NFL stings enough, Cook is a person I'd just wait and see on.

That's fine, and I understand what you are saying.

Do you believe that is the case here? I doubt it.

It's one thing to get a piece of inside info. It's another to cite "multiple sources", then refuse to elaborate.

If it's multiple, it's not likely an inside piece of information.

I think you (and others) are missing my point.

It doesn't matter if you believe him. It doesn't matter if Travis34 believes him. It doesn't matter if he gets "the benefit of the doubt." Unless I'm mistaken, he doesn't have a history of making stuff up. He very well might have multiple sources that people don't know about.

GRYPHONK referring to himself in the third person is a completely different situation that I'm unfamiliar with.

Dude says he knows something, and he might not. I'm not going to judge how accurate it is on whether or not he names sources, when it really isn't that preposterous of a thing to say.

Remember when that guy said he knew that Suh was going to sign here, and everyone ripped him, and then less than a week later he signed here?

Yeah, many "sources", but it's only one statement by his agent, who has alterior motives.

The Dolphins may "have/have had interest", but the fact that several sources are reporting it, when in fact it's only one actual source is meaningless, IMO.

Don't we ever learn how the world actually is today?

The only way it happens if he's willing to play for peanuts. Miami simply can't afford what i believe his market value is which is north of $6M per.
It honestly doesn't make sense for a player that's likely on his last "maybe" next to last payday in the NFL.
If i'm his agent i'd strongly advise him against it.

I think you (and others) are missing my point.

It doesn't matter if you believe him. It doesn't matter if Travis34 believes him. It doesn't matter if he gets "the benefit of the doubt." Unless I'm mistaken, he doesn't have a history of making stuff up. He very well might have multiple sources that people don't know about.

GRYPHONK referring to himself in the third person is a completely different situation that I'm unfamiliar with.

Dude says he knows something, and he might not. I'm not going to judge how accurate it is on whether or not he names sources, when it really isn't that preposterous of a thing to say.

Remember when that guy said he knew that Suh was going to sign here, and everyone ripped him, and then less than a week later he signed here?
By that manner of reasoning we should all just be "thats cool", rah rah posters and have no debate about anything?

Someone posts something so the choice is either agree without question, or move on?

Sorry, that's not why I frequent forums. That would be boring AF to me

Multiple sources are reporting Dolphins interest and Minny cutting him or being forced to a trade.

I now see us with a 50/50 chance of getting him, The heat on this deal should be turned up soon.

He would fill a big void.
HEY! your title is VERY misleading imho So Be...hmpfff. 50/50 is what they call a "CRAP SHOOT" haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom