Cook Coming to Miami is now Cooking | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cook Coming to Miami is now Cooking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your OP said "multiple sources". Are you all of them?

Come on bro, your getting offended for ppl asking who are the sources? When a good part of the premise for the thread was based on that?

To quote our president, "come on man"
Yes, I base MY view on multiple sources. Not good enough? I do not care. Go to the next thread. I'm done here.

Hard no unless they are giving him away and paying some of his salary.

Right now he has a cap hit of 14 million which there is zero way Miami can absorb. I have no interest in extending this guy to lower that number so he only makes sense to me as a one year rental as you could cut him next year and suffer only 3 million in deadd cap and save 12 million which is what I would do.

I don't see how Miami could bring him in to play this year ar a number that makes sense without giving up too much to Minn in return.

I can't see how this could happen where it would not be a bad deal for the Fins.That is not even bringing up his long and varied injury history.

What are the positives in doing this again?

Pass and take one of the dozen quality RB options in this Draft and pay them peanuts for 4 years, you know like a smart team would do.

I think the intrigue is twofold:

1) It has been generally reported that Cook has been playing with a bum shoulder for years...and now it's fixed.

2) Cook's salary hurts this year. No question. It doesn't hurt much at all in 2024. But what you said is relevant...Miami literally can't make this trade work without Minnesota absorbing some of his salary. They can come to an agreement in principle on a trade that can actually happen on 6/1...but that's hinky.

Bonus point: Miami is apparently working on a Wilkins extension. That could free up *some* cap, for certain.

I think the intrigue is twofold:

1) It has been generally reported that Cook has been playing with a bum shoulder for years...and now it's fixed.

2) Cook's salary hurts this year. No question. It doesn't hurt much at all in 2024. But what you said is relevant...Miami literally can't make this trade work without Minnesota absorbing some of his salary. They can come to an agreement in principle on a trade that can actually happen on 6/1...but that's hinky.

Bonus point: Miami is apparently working on a Wilkins extension. That could free up *some* cap, for certain.

Minnesota and Miami can both wait until June 1st on this one.

Vikings won't have the money to sign their first round pick, as it stands now. Maybe the only bright spot to not having a second rounder (TJ Hockenson) is at least they don't have to pay him but they will need a tad more than the $1M in cap space they currently have.

johnny storm cooking dinner GIF
Just clarifying my “like”.
I dont know if Cook is a good idea. Player wise it is, but what do we give up and how many dollars will be locked up? May or may not be worth it.
But the gif in response to the first post was great.

I just don't see a trade happening. Cooks numbers are overkill for 2023. Miami would have to release a player or two, just to fit him in. If he restructured it could be a different story. Unless he's released I just don't see a trade.

Yes, I base MY view on multiple sources. Not good enough? I do not care. Go to the next thread. I'm done here.
Fair enough. I just don't see why letting us see those sources is a big deal, or asking a lot.

Multiple sources are reporting Dolphins interest and Minny cutting him or being forced to a trade.

I now see us with a 50/50 chance of getting him, The heat on this deal should be turned up soon.

He would fill a big void.
Where are they getting the money to pay him? They have less than $3 million in cap space at this time and they will need most of that to sign their draft picks and UDFA’s.

Unless they are able to trade Wilson or Cook is willing to sign for the veterans minimum, I just don’t see them having the cap space to sign him.

Dalvin Cook was born in Opa Locka (per his Wiki page).

I went to Nova High School in scenic Davie, Florida.
He's stated he wants to come back to Florida and doesn't want to go to Buffalo due to his brother. If I were Miami I'd just wait it out, he's going to get released, why trade for him if you can just sign him.

Where are they getting the money to pay him? They have less than $3 million in cap space at this time and they will need most of that to sign their draft picks and UDFA’s.

Unless they are able to trade Wilson or Cook is willing to sign for the veterans minimum, I just don’t see them having the cap space to sign him.
Draft picks aren't really an issue. There will be plenty of $ for that post June 1st.

He's stated he wants to come back to Florida and doesn't want to go to Buffalo due to his brother. If I were Miami I'd just wait it out, he's going to get released, why trade for him if you can just sign him.

Agreed, this is a player you wait on, not "go get".

If we hadn't retained Mostert, it might be a slightly different situation.

If this was an OL or TE (Like Darren Waller was) of the caliber of Dalvin Cook, it would again be a different situation for me.

If he wants to be in Miami significantly more than he wants to be somewhere cold in the winter, then we can probably make something happen.

If he receives an offer from one of those cold weather teams and comes back looking for us to beat it, I'd say best of luck pal.

I read an opinion piece earlier today that said the Chargers should dump Ekeler and look at Cook. My first thought was please do. Please, please do.

Fair enough. I just don't see why letting us see those sources is a big deal, or asking a lot.

I'm not speaking for him, but I can give you an example. Last offseason, I was told that certain Dolphins defensive players were PISSED that Gerald Alexander was fired and Boyer was kept. They felt Alexander had a lot to do with how well the defense performed.

This was not firsthand information. It was told to me by a person who was in direct communication with a source. This source was having direct conversations with players. I trust the person who gave me the information.

But, the person who told me this specifically said "you didn't hear this from me." So I won't, short of torture, reveal where that information came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom