Could be a very tough start first 4 games | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could be a very tough start first 4 games

I just love record predictions before camp, pre season and injuries.
Can you also give yardage and points too, please?
How many INT's did Fitzpatrick throw?
Since there will likely be limited to no pre season OTA’s and Fitzpatrick has never led a team to the playoffs and is nothing but a backup caliber QB, I think it is pretty easy to project the Dolphins will only win 5-6 games. Of course if they have a lot of injuries, which is impossible to know at this time, I think that could reduce their win total by 1 or 2 games.

The only outcome of this season I really care about is the positive development of our francise quarterback. If we get that right, we are in good shape.

Equally as important and possibly even more vital and a critical must, for whoever the QB is,
Is the development and growth of the totally overhauled OL. A critical aspect which is tied tightly to the development of any QB in the future and present. IMO its actual #1 importance for this year (with the health of Tua).

3 rookies and a two gelling vets makes for a potential start of possibly significant ups and downs hopefully seen by the end of the season to have shown major improvement. But in the begining Gelling and getting used to the NFL level for our rookies should take some time and be considered when evaluating how this teams first several games play out.

Lots of youth on the lines right now. Still not set up to be a consistently winning team so as others have said, this year is more about continuing to build culture and experience. More fortifications coming in 2021 so that should be the year that starts the real expectations.

I do .... I expect to challenge for the division title ....
I expect that as well, but that says more about our division, than being a true contender.

I don't think we are in the conversation of top tier AFC teams......yet.

Since there will likely be limited to no pre season OTA’s

all 32 teams are in the same boat ... IMO the only teams set up for success right now are teams that are well established ... Chiefs 49ers etc. ... so those teams (only a handful) are ready to play everyone else it's a crap shoot without camp and evals ....

Of course if they have a lot of injuries, which is impossible to know at this time, I think that could reduce their win total by 1 or 2 games. (what if Buffalo has a few injuries that cost them a couple games?)

Could also reduce other teams chances ... all speculation is pretty much the same foe all teams ... The Dolphins have as good a chance to win as most teams ... and with the new playoff format ... we will see

I don't think we are in the conversation of top tier AFC teams......yet.

One step at a time my friend ... we haven't shown what talent we have yet ... they have ... if you base your comment from last years team I agree ... this year the team will be closer and the difference in talent and coaching will pull us in the mix IMO ... but you're right ... on paper we aren't quite there

Some people are putting way to much stock into Ryan Fitzpatrick.

We still have a shaky OL until otherwise seen, little pass rush, shaky LBer play and subpar safety play.

Miami still needs growth and additions before this team is anywhere near playoff mode.

One step at a time my friend ... we haven't shown what talent we have yet ... they have ... if you base your comment from last years team I agree ... this year the team will be closer and the difference in talent and coaching will pull us in the mix IMO ... but you're right ... on paper we aren't quite there
I agree.

I'm not a bit disappointed in what, overall, has transpired since that watershed moment when Tbum and Gase were shown the door.

Of course, I fully realized that it was a 3 year process, unlike many who want instant gratification.

Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither will our frachise.

I love how we don't even know what the schedule is and we're already dumping our expectations. I can't wait until we're winning and people adjust their thinking. Too many Eeyores around here for me. Why don't we start thinking like winners and let the team grow to meet our expectations?

I love how we don't even know what the schedule is and we're already dumping our expectations. I can't wait until we're winning and people adjust their thinking. Too many Eeyores around here for me. Why don't we start thinking like winners and let the team grow to meet our expectations?
Because schedule generally means jack. It's about who you play as well as when you play them. If we played the Ravens and Lamar Jackson was out that week, it's a far more winnable game. Similarly, if we play Cincinnati in week 1 and Fitz is out, our chances aren't great.

"Thinking like winners" just sounds like you want to bring out your pom-poms and cheer at how this team is the best. For others, it's far more fun to predict things based on data and realistic expectations.

This is year 2 of a complete team rebuild. I hope nobody expects a 10-6 record...Look at the 49ers as an example of what I see Miami doing, harder schedule = worse record, but the team plays really good football and with another off-season they hit the ground running.

Especially with out future starting qb gonna be on the sidelines (presumably)
Exactly!!! Miami's team looks improved on paper, but it may not show up in the Win/Loss Record in 2020. I agree 2021, is the year I expect them to take a huge step up in play and in the standings.

Because schedule generally means jack. It's about who you play as well as when you play them. If we played the Ravens and Lamar Jackson was out that week, it's a far more winnable game. Similarly, if we play Cincinnati in week 1 and Fitz is out, our chances aren't great.

"Thinking like winners" just sounds like you want to bring out your pom-poms and cheer at how this team is the best. For others, it's far more fun to predict things based on data and realistic expectations.
Sure. Those with glass half empty mentalities can rationalize that being the right perspective all they choose. I choose to look at it differently. Neither is wrong. I'll have problems each and every time someone is negative about the Dolphins. Why CAN'T they do well? Did we not just add 10-12 potential new starters in FA and the draft? We won 5 games last year with what is reported to be the worst roster in history...we can't add 5 more wins to that with all we added? I refuse to believe that.

Back
Top Bottom