Could be a very tough start first 4 games | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could be a very tough start first 4 games

if we opened with those four games, I woudn't be surprised if we started the season 0-4, maybe squeaking out a win against the rams. 9ers, Seattle are good teams and AZ is ahead of us in development.

I agree.

I'm not a bit disappointed in what, overall, has transpired since that watershed moment when Tbum and Gase were shown the door.

Of course, I fully realized that it was a 3 year process, unlike many who want instant gratification.

Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither will our frachise.
Exactly!!! Miami's team looks improved on paper, but it may not show up in the Win/Loss Record in 2020. I agree 2021, is the year I expect them to take a huge step up in play and in the standings.

If they fail to do it by 2021. Off with em all.

if we opened with those four games, I woudn't be surprised if we started the season 0-4, maybe squeaking out a win against the rams. 9ers, Seattle are good teams and AZ is ahead of us in development.

Nah. AZ added some immense talent, but imho they have a terrible coach and were saved by excellent qb play by Kyler Murray.

Sure. Those with glass half empty mentalities can rationalize that being the right perspective all they choose. I choose to look at it differently. Neither is wrong. I'll have problems each and every time someone is negative about the Dolphins. Why CAN'T they do well? Did we not just add 10-12 potential new starters in FA and the draft? We won 5 games last year with what is reported to be the worst roster in history...we can't add 5 more wins to that with all we added? I refuse to believe that.
Because you're falling into the classic Ryan Fitzpatrick trap. There's a reason why he's never made the playoffs. You're doing what many, many GMs have done before and that's expect the same performance you got out of him last year... again.

If Rosen had started the entire season, how many games would you have expected the team to win? Because I can assure you it comes nowhere close to 5.

Nah. AZ added some immense talent, but imho they have a terrible coach and were saved by excellent qb play by Kyler Murray.
I'm not sure how "excellent" he was. He does add a dimension that is hard to prepare for.

Don't get me wrong, he (so far) has done well, but excellent?

Because you're falling into the classic Ryan Fitzpatrick trap. There's a reason why he's never made the playoffs. You're doing what many, many GMs have done before and that's expect the same performance you got out of him last year... again.

If Rosen had started the entire season, how many games would you have expected the team to win? Because I can assure you it comes nowhere close to 5.
No I'm not. I guarantee Tua is starting by week 5. He'll beat out Fitzpatrick and Flores will start him in a second as long as he knows the Dr's give him a full pass. Tua takes over a 2-2 team and goes 8-4 the rest of the way. Laugh all you want but remember, I'm the one that called it. Rothlisberger, Wilson, Brady did it...Tua can't? He's better on every day and every way over all of them regarding how they did in college and he did that with a pro offense...

No I'm not. I guarantee Tua is starting by week 5. He'll beat out Fitzpatrick and Flores will start him in a second as long as he knows the Dr's give him a full pass. Tua takes over a 2-2 team and goes 8-4 the rest of the way. Laugh all you want but remember, I'm the one that called it. Rothlisberger, Wilson, Brady did it...Tua can't? He's better on every day and every way over all of them regarding how they did in college and he did that with a pro offense...
That's all fine and dandy, but would you say this team has a 10 win level offensive and defensive line out of the gate?

That's all fine and dandy, but would you say this team has a 10 win level offensive and defensive line out of the gate?
My point is there is no reason to have anyone act like it's a foregone conclusion that we cant kill it this year and that Tua won't be playing by the end of month one. This let him sit stuff makes me nuts. When he's healthy play him. Flores didn't draft him to ride the pine he drafted him to play WHEN he's healthy.

This is year 2 of a complete team rebuild. I hope nobody expects a 10-6 record...Look at the 49ers as an example of what I see Miami doing, harder schedule = worse record, but the team plays really good football and with another off-season they hit the ground running.

Especially with out future starting qb gonna be on the sidelines (presumably)

I don’t expect a playoff team this year...on the other hand .....I watched this team last year....with much less talent...win 5 out of its last 9 games.

Back
Top Bottom