Could D Smith go #2 overall? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could D Smith go #2 overall?

Curious as to what the Jets will do and how the new whomever see Sam as. If they roll with him they may move down or take Sewell themselves or they may grab a qb

The Jets will be trading out of No. 2. Darnold will be fine now that Gase and his predictable offense is shitcanned. There are a few QB needy teams that will be trading up for a QB, and Jets need a ton of picks if they want to compete in the AFCE.

I would love the Jets to take a wide receiver at #2. We would own the draft.

Is Fields or Wilson better than Darnold?

I think Fields performance means the Jets will either trade down for a needy QB that really wants Wilson, or take Sewell. If Wilson becomes a very good QB the Jets will have the same "mistake" we did when we picked a tackle instead of the QB (Ryan).
I would say Darnold has been one of the worst staring QBs in the NFL over his first 3 seasons. To put it in perspective he has played worse than Ryan Fitzpatrick has over the past 3 years from a statistical standpoint. That puts him in the bottom 25-32 starting NFL QBs.

I've watched Devonta Smith's highlight reel. He certainly is very talented, fluid and comes back for the ball. However, in most of his highlight plays he wasn't jammed at the line of scrimmage and was able to run his route without disruption. He looks quite thin and I think NFL defense's will jam and push him around. I still have nightmares of Ginn and many decades ago of Yatil Green.

He could become a great WR but "generational"??

I still want a trade down for a 2022 first round pick. Keep the draft capital by "paying it forward".

If he didn’t ball out last night I would think jets go with Sewell. Now? Smith is a strong possibility for those stinkin jets

I still expect the Jets to go QB. They'll have a new coach and whoever that is will most likely want to start fresh with a guy he picks. A rookie QB buys you more time as a coach and provides a window where you have more salary cap flexibility. I like Darnold and actually see him as a good or better than Wilson and Fields, but if I were being hired as the coach I would start with my own guy.

Honestly the Jets don't even have their Coach yet, I doubt Darnold is going to be the go to for a third regime..

I'm not going to lie, I think this QB class upcoming has some pretty damn good prospects itself so I'd expect the Jets would take a chance at QB.. I wouldn't sleep on Trey Lance I like what i see in his game as well as Fields potential physically.. It would be hilarious to me if the jets took Devonta Smith its the absolute worst move they could make..

Darnold's problem isn't bad WR's, He has Mims, Crowder, and Perriman that is a much better group then we have here imo, Adding another WR isn't going to do darnold any good if he is still getting blasted play in play out because you didn't get him a stud LT like Sewell.. He still is gonna see those ghosts even with Devonta Smith if they don't draft him a LT.

It would also be a chitty thing to do with Smith, Frankly if I was Devonta it's apparent he has a special bond with Tua.. I'd tell my agent i wont sign if the jets draft me.

It would be very Jets to draft a WR #2 overall to rebuild their team. I don’t even think they’re that inept. Drafting a WR this high is a luxury not a necessity.

and could Miami maybe even jave to trade up to get him?

The idea of being able to trade-down to 8 and still get him seems ludicrous now.

After the show he put on last night, he might have even put himself on the Jets radar where Miami might even have to trade up to get him.

Fields played himself down to being a 'project' QB like Hurts now and might even stay in school to improve his draft staus. I would be surprised if the Jets take a QB at #2.
No.

If I'm the incoming Coach of the Jets I'd make a decision between Fields and Wilson and make my pick. Let the rookie and Darnold battle it out for the starting job. Gase may have permanently ruined Darnold but Tannehill bounced back when he got away from Gase. So, I wouldn't give up on Darnold just yet.

Back
Top Bottom