Could D Smith go #2 overall? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could D Smith go #2 overall?

and could Miami maybe even jave to trade up to get him?

The idea of being able to trade-down to 8 and still get him seems ludicrous now.

After the show he put on last night, he might have even put himself on the Jets radar where Miami might even have to trade up to get him.

Fields played himself down to being a 'project' QB like Hurts now and might even stay in school to improve his draft staus. I would be surprised if the Jets take a QB at #2.
No, it’s that simple.

We should be so lucky as to have DaVonta Smith go #2 overall. I'm confident the phone would ring off the hook with trade-down opportunities if that happened. Unfortunately, I'll be flat out shocked if a team spends the #2 overall pick on Smith. But then again ... the Jets currently own that pick, so anything is possible.

I'm expecting Grier to trade the pick. Miami is in a very good spot. Because either Fields or Wilson or both could still be on the board.

The Jets won't take Smith #2, I think the more likely scenarios are they take a QB or Sewell; or they trade the pick to a team looking to jump Miami.

Jets should draft Sewell. With Sewell and Becton some QB will be eating sandwiches why surveying the defense looking for an open WR. Who knows this could even make Darnold look good.
Two All-Pro tackles certainly made Mariota look good!

Oh... It's almost as if it doesn't actually do jack. Ask Joe Thomas.

Anything is possible but Smith should be there at 3 and we should draft him right there instead of getting cute and losing out on the best playmaker in this draft.

If the incoming Jet's staff think Darnold has just been stunted by Gase and his horridness, absolutely could see this happening.

It all hinges on the assessment of Darnold by the new staff.

Jets should draft Sewell. With Sewell and Becton some QB will be eating sandwiches while surveying the defense looking for an open WR. Who knows this could even make Darnold look good.

The part about making Darnold look good caught my eye.

The Jets GM seems to be pretty well respected as a GM. I would not be surprised if that isn't exactly what he does, I mean Draft Sewell.

The bigger questions are:
1) Who will be their new Head Coach?
2) Will the new Head Coach be in place when the draft comes up?
3) What will the relationship be between the new Head Coach and the GM?

I think any of these could have a HUGE effect on who the Jets draft.

I don’t think Smith goes #2 unless he runs a 4.31 40 at his pro day. My opinion is that it’s going to come down to 40 times between Smith and Chase. The faster guys is going to go first.

As for Fields, I think his performance in the title game ****ed us as far as a trade down. He couldn’t hit the broad side of my last girlfriend the other night....And that’s a pretty big target. I’m thinking the odds of us using the #3 overall pick went up considerably Monday night.

As for value....If the Jets don’t go QB....They have to take Sewell or trade the pick. At least as things stand today. The combine and pro days could change things.

Actually I think this just means the Jets are more likely to get cute and pick Wilson.

I mean, I don't see that occurring but as others have responded, we are way away from enough being sorted out to forecast that. Let NYJ get a HC first and then let's see what happens with Hou and whether their HC choice appeases Watson then we'll at least have a sub-floor of reality.

Back
Top Bottom