Could Dolphins Make One Side Dominant in Offseason? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Dolphins Make One Side Dominant in Offseason?

Drafting receivers and runningbacks high is a waste IMO. We got Preston undrafted.

Boehm is a legit starter. If its not Burrow with our first pick, trade back.

Thomas and Biadasz in the first? Whoaaa
Thomas and Biadasz would be a great reboot to the line. Miami needs playmakers on offense as well. Watching the Cleveland game, I still am angry that Adam Gase gave Jarvis Landry away. But, to your point, perhaps the team can find some value there in the middle rounds.

first we have to get the second pick, Giants have it as of now with the sos
The Dolphins need to find a receiver or running back (or both) that can keep defenses up at night. I think Ruggs III could be that with his speed. Paired with Parker and Williams that could be a good combo.

I agree with that.

But not at the expense of a DE x 2, DT, CB, OT, OG, C, RB or especially a QB.

The need ranks 2nd last on the team behind kicker.

Building your team around WR's is a recipe for disaster. Few and far between are the teams that drafted WR's in the first round and had playoff success because of it.

There is no doubt in my mind this FO agrees with me. Zero.

I’ve hit the point that it’s tua, love, or BPA for me. I’ll take burrow if it doesn’t involve a trade up.

I don’t think tua can hold up physically but I’m willing to take the chance bc he’s still the only grade A qb in this class.

in a scenario where we don’t go QB at all,

1a) Thomas
1b) Gross Matos/epenesa
1c) creed Humphrey

2) Shaun wade

this fixes my oline, gets me an alpha edge piece and gives me versatility and talent in my back 7.

no way a 5 star recruit with power, speed and can catch out the backfied last until the third round...he is better that Sony Macheal and he was picked in the first.

I like Harris on Alabama as well. That would be an excellent third rounder. Hard to evaluate Deiter with all the problems on the offensive line.

Ryan Fitzpatrick could win a super bowl with an OL, running game and defense.

So could Joe Flacco.

Nick Foles.

2018 Tom Brady had no business winning a Super Bowl.

2016 Peyton Manning, ditto.

I’d rather have a great team.

As great as Aaron Rodgers is they are getting humiliated tonight, why? Pass rushers and a running game.
Great points. But if you are looking to contend for a title long-term, I still think you need that top 10 caliber quarterback. A team eventually has to pay the defensive players, or replace some of them with cheaper guys. It becomes problematic to keep a good core together. Look at all the changes on Seattle over the last few years and they are still a top team mostly because of Russell Wilson. New England has definitely morphed into a defensive, running team with Tom Brady more of a game manager. So, there are examples there as well.

I don't like the idea of trying to make one side dominant. First because we would be limiting our overall talent level if we forgo value in the name of position. And there's practically no position we can't improve dramatically.

Also, if you're one sided you can be taken advantage of. If your offense is great and defense terrible then smart coaches will eat the clock and keep your offense on the bench as much as possible. If your defense is great and offense terrible then your defense will get tired early because the offense can't stay on the field.

I'm pretty okay with the looks of that. Maybe a tweak here or there, or some guys wont get to our picks / sign elsewhere.

If we were to draft Herbert, you have to hope we can coach him up. He's got serious tools to work with. I'd like to swing for the fences at QB. Tua or Herbert
My thoughts as well. Swing for the fences. I also really want Miami to get a multi-dimensional quarterback. Herbert has the ability to move and get some yards on the run. To my eye, he's a much better prospect coming out than Josh Allen and Allen went very high. Herbert much more accurate in college.

If Miami does decide to go with Young with that first #1, then maybe the team has a shot at Fromm, Hurts or Love. Fromm seems like a great system fit, but he isn't the kind of athlete that will buy second chances. Hurts is a tremendous athlete, but scouting reports I've read question his ability to read defenses. Kind of a one-read and run guy right now. Love is a real wildcard. He shows all the ability, but his game needs developing. Seems like a better fit for a team with a veteran quarterback (Rivers etc.) who can sit for a year or two.

I actually like this idea. I think there is more offensive talent draft wise than defensive talent. That said, if Chase Young is available, we take him.
The FA will determine our draft strategy, as it usually does. I would be happy though to draft offence this year, with the odd defensive player as well. I do like Ruggs in the 1st round, he has the best hands in the draft.

Derrick Henry I have never been a fan of, but the past 15 months he has been brilliant. I wouldn't over pay for him though. A new starting centre, guard and tackle is also needed.

Solid idea though.
Fixing the offense in a big way would also benefit the defense. Miami could actually sustain some drives, maybe pound the ball successfully. It's such a hard offense to watch right now with the running game going nowhere. I think Ruggs III could be a superstar. He makes big plays every game I watch.

no way a 5 star recruit with power, speed and can catch out the backfied last until the third round...he is better that Sony Macheal and he was picked in the first.
He probably goes in the second. This is a pretty deep draft and typically running backs drop a little bit.

I agree with that.

But not at the expense of a DE x 2, DT, CB, OT, OG, C, RB or especially a QB.

The need ranks 2nd last on the team behind kicker.

Building your team around WR's is a recipe for disaster. Few and far between are the teams that drafted WR's in the first round and had playoff success because of it.

There is no doubt in my mind this FO agrees with me. Zero.
Miami does have a functioning receiver group right now. If Grant can stay healthy, maybe a little better than that. And Geisicki is finally developing. I was just looking to add a player that I thought could take that group to the next level. Just an exercise to see how much talent the team could get on offense in one offseason. I would favor a more balanced approach. The Dolphins desperately need pass rushers, offensive lineman, and of course quarterback.

Herbert definitely not getting a lot of love here. Who would be your preference at quarterback now that Tua has some major questions?
Good question. I don’t know but just not Herbert. If we draft him, I’ll definitely hope I’m wrong but that downfield accuracy just doesn’t fly in the nfl. I really liked Fromm but it’s been an ugly year for him. Maybe still Tua as long as we’re not passing on chase young

Because without scoring points we cannot win.
You are referring to building an offense and not a defense and that's your opinion but with a dominant defense....

Neither can the opponent … a nasty defense that creates turnovers and scores is a nightmare for opponents ... a good kicker can score points and win games ... but I get it ... these days everyone wants to see the next Brady, Brees, Rodgers or Mahomes ... If there was a RB equal to Elliot available in the draft I'm sure many on this site would retract their RB statements based on our teams needs ...

If Case Young is our pick you don't leave it alone... you add complimentary pieces IMO ... when and where? ... I'll leave it to those who know but a DOMINANT defense will not only score points but will also give you more opportunities on offense and special teams to do so

Did you see what the 49ers did last night without a generational talent at QB? ... did you watch a generational talent on the other side score points? It can be done

Back
Top Bottom