Could Dolphins Make One Side Dominant in Offseason? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Dolphins Make One Side Dominant in Offseason?

Regarding franchise tag. Word is the new cba will be signed soon. Franchise tag was a major topic. Also pretty sure next season will be 17 games!!
Anyone else hear anything?
I bring it up cause I think it's possible they are saying bye bye to the franchise tag. And bring on scheriff!

I don't think that is realiatic.

Having a large # of picks means more chances to hit, but the converse is also true.
Oh for sure. The next two years is either gonna shape the next decade to be really, really exciting or a complete wildfire. Can not afford a misstep this off-season.

I like qb top pick and friermuth the tight end and matos edge haul with our top 3

won’t help the o line but it would be a nice talent add.

and at the end when you are miami bad talent should be a primary thing imo

big fan of that penn state tight end.
He was definitely solid that game. Had no problem basically carrying the offense. They cut to him at one point on the sideline and he was saying, just throw me the ball...I'll make sure I catch it.
That shows he is a leader too.

I’m doubting they will sign any new cba before the 11th hour.
I truly don't think that happens this time. Believe it or not the owners are learning from previous negoitions. They are on a mission to get it signed well in advance.

But to answer the OP, you could draft Chase Young and Derrick Brown in round one an instantly have one of the best DL’s in the NFL. I think it would be easier to build a top five D. Then you’ve got 2021 draft to build the offense. It’s not how things are done and won’t happen but it’s a fun exercise.

The big problem with this approach is that it takes longer to build a good offense, and a good offense has a much longer shelf life than a good defense. So, ideally, you'd get your QB and build around him as quickly as possible, and once the offense is where you want it, or trending that way, you should be able to build a defense quick enough to have the units peak at around the same time.

Starting with an emphasis on D would translate to some wins - could be looking at picking Top 15/20 instead of Top 5/10. But, if you don't yet have your QB, need a new OL, and better weapons across the board, it's hard to say that type of improvement actually helps the trajectory of the franchise.

Good strategy but I don't think it'll work as well as we'd like.

1. Tua Tagovailoa QB - I'll take hobbled Tua before I take Herbert.

1. Yetur Gross- Matos DE - I'm hoping Pittsburgh gets in a slump so that we can get Epenesa in the Top 10 but Gross-Matos is a nice consolation.

1. Creed Humphrey C
2. Jedrick Willis OT
2. Hunter Bryant TE

Free Agency- RB Austin Ekeler, LG Joe Thuney

LT- ...trade?
LG- Thuney
C- Creed
RG- Dieter/Boehm
RT- Willis

QB: Tua
RB: Austin Ekeler, Lamical Perine
WR/TE: Parker, Hurns, Williams, Grant, Gesicki, Bryant

A guy that can get you the 2 yards you need anytime?

giphy.gif

The knock on Herbert is he doesn't read the D that well, and is not careful with the ball? Too many TO's. We may already have one of those. Just sayin'

There is no "knock" on Herbert by anyone that doesn't pray at the altar of Tua. He's not too careful with the ball? He has . 30 TDs and 5 INTs on the year...and two of them came last game.

Good strategy but I don't think it'll work as well as we'd like.

1. Tua Tagovailoa QB - I'll take hobbled Tua before I take Herbert.

1. Yetur Gross- Matos DE - I'm hoping Pittsburgh gets in a slump so that we can get Epenesa in the Top 10 but Gross-Matos is a nice consolation.

1. Creed Humphrey C
2. Jedrick Willis OT
2. Hunter Bryant TE

Free Agency- RB Austin Ekeler, LG Joe Thuney

LT- ...trade?
LG- Thuney
C- Creed
RG- Dieter/Boehm
RT- Willis

QB: Tua
RB: Austin Ekeler, Lamical Perine
WR/TE: Parker, Hurns, Williams, Grant, Gesicki, Bryant
I think we can do better than Hurns at no. 3 WR...

I’d rather pay than over draft

If it came to that...but I wouldn't pay or overdraft. My RB would come no earlier or later than our 3rd round pick. 5 picks in the first 2 rounds should tighten up the lines and QB.

Conklin looks like he’s medically back to form. I’d be willing to take a chance on that too. Of course I’m sure it would mean top 5 money.

but he’s on my list of potential targets. Assuming Tennessee lets him get away which I kinda doubt.

He was definitely solid that game. Had no problem basically carrying the offense. They cut to him at one point on the sideline and he was saying, just throw me the ball...I'll make sure I catch it.
That shows he is a leader too.

underutlized at penn state. The starting qb was late all over the place Saturday.
They won’t be in the pros and he will produce at a high clip. That short area quickness is ideal for moving the sticks on 3rd down and winning on iso.

he’d be my run away top tight end in this class. He’s got a good frame to develop as a blocker too.

big future. Let it be in Miami.

that kids like a bigger more well rounded cause of his frame zach Ertz.

Back
Top Bottom