Could Dolphins Make One Side Dominant in Offseason? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Dolphins Make One Side Dominant in Offseason?

I think Miami has to find one starting caliber offensive tackle in free agency.

I’m sure that’s the plan unless they are gonna ride with Jesse Davis which they might depending on what they surround him with. But they better draft a qb with one hell of a feel for backside/front side pressure. Cause he’s gonna be doing a lot of climbing if davis is over there.

fitz is saving a lot of car wrecks this year.

Conklin looks like he’s medically back to form. I’d be willing to take a chance on that too. Of course I’m sure it would mean top 5 money.

but he’s on my list of potential targets. Assuming Tennessee lets him get away which I kinda doubt.

I would be a bidding war...but at least no franchising

I have no problem with building one side of the team in this draft and in free agency. Offense this year and defense in the 2021 draft and free agency would be fine except I certainly hope it isn’t Herbert they draft to build the offense around. I think he is going to be a bust in the NFL. I would rather take a chance on Tua if he is cleared medically or even Hurts with their 3rd first round pick.
Hurts is very, very intriguing. Off his film, I really like what he can do. Obviously, he's a tremendous athlete who can make plays with his feet and buy extra time. I really want that type of player in Miami.

Reading his scouting reports is discouraging, though. I don't know how much of that is true, but it sounds like the offense for him is simplified to a one read and run. Kind of the way Jim Harbaugh used Colin Kaepernick in SF. I don't know if reading defenses is teachable, or if you can get a lot better at that. That was something that was debated here with Ryan Tannehill as well. He was a split second slow to recognize things and that makes a huge difference in the NFL. Then again, he sure looks great in Tennessee?

I’m sure that’s the plan unless they are gonna ride with Jesse Davis which they might depending on what they surround him with. But they better draft a qb with one hell of a feel for backside/front side pressure. Cause he’s gonna be doing a lot of climbing if davis is over there.

I don't want to see Davis at RT anymore this season let alone ride with him next year.
I really need to dig up the scoop on Prince. He should be starting over Davis.

I would be a bidding war...but at least no franchising

yeah and that was probably because they wanted him to show he could stay healthy this year. He’s a right tackle only though so I’m not paying him to play anything else.

Fitz has a lot of moxie for sure. I give him a lot of credit. Obviously, not the long-term answer and not a great quarterback. But, he sure is fun to watch.

I don't want to see Davis at RT anymore this season let alone ride with him next year.

I don’t want to either. I’d move him back to guard or at least make him active depth if he’s gonna play tackle for me. 3rd option give us guard and tackle in a pinch insurance in game. He does not have tackle foot speed or quickness in space.

Hurts is very, very intriguing. Off his film, I really like what he can do. Obviously, he's a tremendous athlete who can make plays with his feet and buy extra time. I really want that type of player in Miami.

Reading his scouting reports is discouraging, though. I don't know how much of that is true, but it sounds like the offense for him is simplified to a one read and run. Kind of the way Jim Harbaugh used Colin Kaepernick in SF. I don't know if reading defenses is teachable, or if you can get a lot better at that. That was something that was debated here with Ryan Tannehill as well. He was a split second slow to recognize things and that makes a huge difference in the NFL. Then again, he sure looks great in Tennessee?
Every scouting report on a run first QB is terrible. Stick with your intrigue. You are on the right path. Given the right situation he could turn out like Lamar. Who not one single expert scout thought would do anything in the nfl.

Bullshit..the LSU and bama receivers had almost equal stats.
If you just take when the qb throws the ball and the wr catches it, that is when you count the yrds the qb has.
from then on you count the yrds after the catch, that's when you find out who is the best qb & best wr's for bama & lsu.
I will wait for the answer.
my answer is burrow is the best qb & bama has the best wr's.

Reading Ds is coachable . . . somewhat. It takes a minimum intellect to process info quickly. Fortuaunately, Hurns has 5 more games to learn and an offeason. Also good news is, if he sticks, he'll be surrounded by Parker, Williams, and Gesicki, so he won't be drawing top CBs

Isn't his strength the run game. Not like Miami needs a run blocker, right?

Back
Top Bottom