Could Dolphins Make One Side Dominant in Offseason? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Dolphins Make One Side Dominant in Offseason?

I like the idea of going after Austin eckler on the cheap. I also like the idea of going after matt Breida but I bet he cost more.

I like the idea of going after Austin eckler on the cheap. I also like the idea of going after matt Breida but I bet he cost more.

breida or Ekeler are good fits in this offense. I’ve been thinking breida was glove fit all season

breida comes w/ injuries though. He doesn’t often miss games but he often misses practices and is always ailing something. Good amount of early exits too

if I’m getting my choice it’s Ekeler by a mile

I like qb top pick and friermuth the tight end and matos edge haul with our top 3

won’t help the o line but it would be a nice talent add.

and at the end when you are miami bad talent should be a primary thing imo

big fan of that penn state tight end.
Friermuth in the 1st?

TBH, regardless of which QB we may draft, he will probably sit initially, whether it be behind Fitz, or Rosen.

Not only do I think it's a good idea in general, I doubt any rookie can be proficient in all the aspects of this offense, to the point that Flo throws him out there.
Probably true. But, I think Tua (if healthy obviously) would push for playing time quickly. Perhaps Burrow and Herbert as well.

I’d be fine with that minus the Fitzpatrick part. He’ll be 38 I think by next yr. I’d be fine with a FA QB not sure who’s available
I would think it might be hard to get a FA quarterback on a one year contract. Unless it's another veteran with a similar career path as Fitzpatrick. Of course, maybe Rosen could be that bridge guy with the possibility of proving himself. In that situation, Rosen could have a lot more talent around him???

Burrow tua Herbert Fromm I start out the gate

the rest I sit. Tua only sits if the medical says he should

probably depends on what he runs as to where you have to take him but I’m tellin ya I’m taking him.

top shelf talent

Oh ok. I was looking at it from Grier's POV.

I haven't gotten around to Friermuth yet but I've heard his name mentioned.

Burrow tua Herbert Fromm I start out the gate

the rest I sit. Tua only sits if the medical says he should
Totally agree. What's crazy is how obvious this is yet there are those that just refuse it.

Oh ok. I was looking at it from Grier's POV.

I haven't gotten around to Friermuth yet but I've heard his name mentioned.

if I got him in the top of the 2nd with miamis pick I would be over the moon.

and in 2 years I’m gonna destroy you with him

that kid doesn’t even have a clue how good he can be.

Last edited:
I know hearing the word dominant can cause a few snickers around here, or worse yet images of the New England Patriots. But with cash to spend and draft picks galore, can the Miami Dolphins get there in one offseason, at least on one side of the ball? I'm a defensive first guy, but I think the most work needs to be done on the offensive side, especially when you consider Miami most likely has a new quarterback in 2020. And, most likely, a high draft pick at the position.

So, for the sake of discussion here are some thoughts on how to get in done on offense with the concentration of draft picks and free agent dollars going there.

Free agency --- big three adds --- Brandon Scherff, OG/OT, Derrick Henry RB, Joe Thuney, OG.

Draft (first two rounds)
1. Justin Herbert, QB
1. Henry Ruggs III, Wr
1. Creed Humphrey, C
2. Travis Etienne, RB
2. Trey Adams, OT

Offensive line: Adams, LT, Deiter, LG, Humphrey C, Thuney OG, Scherff, RT (Davis, Calhoun, Boehm, Prince top backups)
Quarterbacks: Herbert, Fitzpatrick, Rosen
Running Backs: Henry, Etienne, Laird, Cox, Gaskins
Wide Receivers: Parker, Williams, Ruggs, Grant, Hurd
Tight Ends: Gesicki, Smythe, Walford

Thoughts, other ideas. Would welcome discussion on defense as well.
I have no problem with building one side of the team in this draft and in free agency. Offense this year and defense in the 2021 draft and free agency would be fine except I certainly hope it isn’t Herbert they draft to build the offense around. I think he is going to be a bust in the NFL. I would rather take a chance on Tua if he is cleared medically or even Hurts with their 3rd first round pick.

Oh for sure. The next two years is either gonna shape the next decade to be really, really exciting or a complete wildfire. Can not afford a misstep this off-season.
Miami will miss on a few, but have to get the big decisions right. Quarterback and pass rusher for sure. Two areas, unfortunately, where the Dolphins have had trouble finding talent.

Good strategy but I don't think it'll work as well as we'd like.

1. Tua Tagovailoa QB - I'll take hobbled Tua before I take Herbert.

1. Yetur Gross- Matos DE - I'm hoping Pittsburgh gets in a slump so that we can get Epenesa in the Top 10 but Gross-Matos is a nice consolation.

1. Creed Humphrey C
2. Jedrick Willis OT
2. Hunter Bryant TE

Free Agency- RB Austin Ekeler, LG Joe Thuney

LT- ...trade?
LG- Thuney
C- Creed
RG- Dieter/Boehm
RT- Willis

QB: Tua
RB: Austin Ekeler, Lamical Perine
WR/TE: Parker, Hurns, Williams, Grant, Gesicki, Bryant
Really like that pass rusher from Penn State.

Conklin looks like he’s medically back to form. I’d be willing to take a chance on that too. Of course I’m sure it would mean top 5 money.

but he’s on my list of potential targets. Assuming Tennessee lets him get away which I kinda doubt.
I think Miami has to find one starting caliber offensive tackle in free agency.

Back
Top Bottom