Could Dolphins Make One Side Dominant in Offseason? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Dolphins Make One Side Dominant in Offseason?

Isn't his strength the run game. Not like Miami needs a run blocker, right?
From what I've seen, he is a road grader on screens too. I wonder what it's like being able to run a successful screen play. Seems like it's been forever.

We are either flush with cash, or we aren't.

If we want to save a pick, have an o-line for our new QB (?) and HB (?), there will be a time where we will have to pay for these nice things.
What part of we have over 130M to spend people don't understand.

Hurts is very, very intriguing. Off his film, I really like what he can do. Obviously, he's a tremendous athlete who can make plays with his feet and buy extra time. I really want that type of player in Miami.

Reading his scouting reports is discouraging, though. I don't know how much of that is true, but it sounds like the offense for him is simplified to a one read and run. Kind of the way Jim Harbaugh used Colin Kaepernick in SF. I don't know if reading defenses is teachable, or if you can get a lot better at that. That was something that was debated here with Ryan Tannehill as well. He was a split second slow to recognize things and that makes a huge difference in the NFL. Then again, he sure looks great in Tennessee?
I think Tannehill got better at reading as time went on, just not to the point it needed to be at. I will say, he walked into the league, still waiting for Philbin to call out the coverage. He made strides, but I think the initial baby, coddle yrs. is what hurt him the most.

Weather you agree or not henry is real good. I would pay him.

Bare in mind that prior to the last 18 months, the Titans O line was rubbish really. And Henry wasnt much chop then. But yes, I would still bring him in. 4 years, 8 mil a year.

Good strategy but I don't think it'll work as well as we'd like.

1. Tua Tagovailoa QB - I'll take hobbled Tua before I take Herbert.

1. Yetur Gross- Matos DE - I'm hoping Pittsburgh gets in a slump so that we can get Epenesa in the Top 10 but Gross-Matos is a nice consolation.

1. Creed Humphrey C
2. Jedrick Willis OT
2. Hunter Bryant TE

Free Agency- RB Austin Ekeler, LG Joe Thuney

LT- ...trade?
LG- Thuney
C- Creed
RG- Dieter/Boehm
RT- Willis

Ekeler is interesting. He has shown good qualities, and I think he would be a good consolation prize if Henry goes elsewhere.

QB: Tua
RB: Austin Ekeler, Lamical Perine
WR/TE: Parker, Hurns, Williams, Grant, Gesicki, Bryant

Every 1st round pick on O-Line. Nail it down for years to come with the cap money.

Fitz has a lot of moxie for sure. I give him a lot of credit. Obviously, not the long-term answer and not a great quarterback. But, he sure is fun to watch.
Fitzpatrick is best player on this team.
Bare in mind that prior to the last 18 months, the Titans O line was rubbish really. And Henry wasnt much chop then. But yes, I would still bring him in. 4 years, 8 mil a year.
I would do a shorter deal like 3 yr ,12 mil a yr. Offense line would need be fix asap.

View attachment 33617

There is no "knock" on Herbert by anyone that doesn't pray at the altar of Tua. He's not too careful with the ball? He has . 30 TDs and 5 INTs on the year...and two of them came last game.

If we draft him, I hope he's the next John Elway. Henry unlike Ballage runs hard sometimes... LOL

Last edited:
I can't go RB or Tua with our first pick. If Tua is there later in the first we talk. I am also looking for a trade partner for our #3 1st rd, wanting to pick up and extra 2nd this year and something of value next year ( Maybe a #1 & 2) to get linemen without overpaying on their initial contract( I know we have the $ but you have to use that wisely to put you over the top when the time comes). I'm probably not unhappy if we get a stud OL with #3 in the first but for longevity of the franchise trade value of first rounders is gold. Just me though.

what a thrill it would be to have a QB with the skillset of Lamar Jackson … the accuracy … the athleticism to slice and dice through defenders … so we join the herd searching for the next best thing … using valuable resources to get him and hope we're right this time … or next time … or the next … because we have to … we need to …

As much as I would love that … what EXACTLY are we doing to prevent teams like the Ravens and Patriots (for years) killing us in the meantime? If only somehow we could get AHEAD of the curve instead of constantly playing catch up ...
Have a coaching staff like Bill Walsh or even Harbaugh … forward thinkers who KNOW this craze too shall end … stop being "also rans" and be innovators …

Build a dominant TEAM that sets the pace … it doesn't HAVE to start with the QB …. putting all your eggs in one basket with the hope you got it right …. Pick the very best player there when it's your turn and compliment him with studs … stop chasing the dream of a single savior … hoping he comes back after not only multiple injuries but even devastating ones …

Many times average to pretty good QB's shine when the team around them is dominant …. take Chase Young and give him some help … our defensive minded Head Coach will do the rest … Jalen Hurst may be all we need at QB :munch:

They don't need to worry about making a side dominant. They need to worry about making the offensive line dominant. If you have a good offensive line it covers up many holes. No QB is going to come in here and be successful with this line PERIOD. They need to get a good vet or two in free agency and draft at least one starter ideally 2 in this draft.

Get some big uglies with attitudes that can put a helmet on a helmet and enforce his will on another human being. Blow people the fook off the LOS. Do that and you can win. Look at Baltimore, yes it helps to have Jackson playing out of this world, but that line is dominating people.

Back
Top Bottom