Could Vontae Davis be as good as Revis? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Vontae Davis be as good as Revis?

Im glad Fins fans think he's coming back soon. There is growing thoughts within the fanbase that Revis may never play another game as a Jet. I think that there is a !00% chance that he is not on the field Week 1 vs the Ravens. Looking at the Vicent Jackson situation (they have the same douche bag agent) leads me to believe that Revis and his "camp" are not going to back off their demands.

If Revis doesnt show by Week 4 the fanbase will completly turn on him. Many are starting already. If he sits the whole season then forget it. He will be given to the highest bidder, no doubt about that.

You guys might not know this but he held out his rookie year too. He held out until he got a more favorable deal than most rookies get. So far he's played in the NFL for 3 years and held out twice. People highlight the fact that he's only making 1 mill this year but his contract was front loaded and he;'s already pocketed a ton of cash.

And after what I've seen this preseason, without him we are in deep ****. Joey Galloway...yea the 60 year old WR beat Cromartie at least twice last night. One time Grossman over threw him and the other he dropped. Regardless he got beat by a senior citizen. Kyle Wilson is good, for a rookie but when we play good teams with good QB's he's going to get abused. After this preseason...I can say that without Revis and a still struggling Sanchez I dont see us winning more than 9/10 games tops.

completely different. jackson was a rfa. revis still has 3 years left on his deal. if he sits out he's getting some really bad advice. if he is traded afterwards he would end up on a **** team and would never get his aso money anyway. and there's always the chance the jest just buy back his contract and then what? he sits out for 2 more years?

For starters Revis is NOT the best corner in the NFL, Nnamdi(sp) is. I am so tired of hearing the media constantly repeat that.

Vontae is a different kind of corner than Revis. He is a hard hitting CB. It looks like he REALLY wants to nail someone most of the time out there. Revis is more a pure cover corner.

Davis was the highest ranked CB in that draft class by every draft magazine I read. I don't think Revis was the highest rated CB in his class. Vontae is a gifted athelete. I think he will only continue to get better in the next 4-5 years. He is VERY young. He really seems like a kid a lot of the time.

its not just the media. its pretty much everyone in football too. just accept it. revis is now considered the best cb because last year.....he was the best. that could change this year....who knows.

And after what I've seen this preseason, without him we are in deep ****. Joey Galloway...yea the 60 year old WR beat Cromartie at least twice last night. One time Grossman over threw him and the other he dropped. Regardless he got beat by a senior citizen. Kyle Wilson is good, for a rookie but when we play good teams with good QB's he's going to get abused. After this preseason...I can say that without Revis and a still struggling Sanchez I dont see us winning more than 9/10 games tops.
glad to hear cromartie and sanchez are working out for you. im sure you will have the same feelings about LT and taylor in a few weeks

It's all interpretation....Nhamdi was considered the best because of the 1 year he had....but he only plays 1 side of the field. Last yr the Chargers especially used VJ to beat Nhamdi like a drum.

Woodson in GB was the best playmaking CB last yr....for some reason people kept throwing at him. Revis was the best shutdown corner last yr. He didnt make the int's that Woodson made last yr, but revis was the bst at shutting down the opposing teams playmaking reciever.

As far as Vontae....he was pretty impressive last night. He wasn't on the Revis or Nhamdi level, but he has definately gotten a lot better.

i would really like to see revis on a team that doesnt have that rex ryan all out
pressure scheme.

revis is no chump, not at all and would start on ANYONES team, but, he benefits
BIG TIME from that rush of the jets and just would NOT be the same db with another
team. if he was on our team, i dont see him any better than vontae. maybe not as good.

vontae is one of the best tackling cb's i have seen in some time. revis couldnt do any
better than vontae on our team, as it is now.

and i think the jets realize this and thats why he is not getting the money he is asking
for because he is NOT this island thing that he has been hyped with. if he was, if he
was a guy like champ baily or ahsemoughwa [sp?] that can cover even when there isnt
much pass rush, fat boy rex would be in the office saying "pay this guy the money, he is
all that and you wont be seeing another for many years".

rex isnt in the office.

I get tired of hearing how good our defensive backs are while time and time again they get burned and turn wins to loses. I just don't get it. Let's see these guys actually develop before hyping them up.

i would really like to see revis on a team that doesnt have that rex ryan all out
pressure scheme.

revis is no chump, not at all and would start on ANYONES team, but, he benefits
BIG TIME from that rush of the jets and just would NOT be the same db with another
team. if he was on our team, i dont see him any better than vontae. maybe not as good.

vontae is one of the best tackling cb's i have seen in some time. revis couldnt do any
better than vontae on our team, as it is now.

and i think the jets realize this and thats why he is not getting the money he is asking
for because he is NOT this island thing that he has been hyped with. if he was, if he
was a guy like champ baily or ahsemoughwa [sp?] that can cover even when there isnt
much pass rush, fat boy rex would be in the office saying "pay this guy the money, he is
all that and you wont be seeing another for many years".

rex isnt in the office.

100% my exact reasoning vs. Junc in the another one of the tireless threads about Marshall and Revis

I get tired of hearing how good our defensive backs are while time and time again they get burned and turn wins to loses. I just don't get it. Let's see these guys actually develop before hyping them up.

Yeah, but Vontae locked down one of the best WRs in the NFL w/o any pass rush help. Vontae is a stud, your talking about Smith.

As much as I hate to compliment a player on the Jets, you have to admit that Darell Revis
is the best CB in the NFL. I'm sure he will sign next week and be ready for the regular season. He would lose too much money sitting out regular season games.

Having said that, I think that Vontae Davis might have the physical skills to become an elite CB also, perhaps on the same level as Revis. I'm not basing that conclusion totally on his great performance in last night's meaningless pre-season game.

Even when he got burned last year by Moss and TO, it seemed that he just lacked NFL experience more than the ability to cover the best receivers in the game.

Time will tell, but he might wind up being better than Surtain, Madison, Troy Vincent, etc., and wind up being the best Dolphin CB ever.

The answer is No, can he be a PB caliber coenr? sure but revis is on a different planet.

The answer is No, can he be a PB caliber coenr? sure but revis is on a different planet.
right now vontae's the best out of the two, bc he is playing. just saying. but junc you think he will sign soon?

right now vontae's the best out of the two, bc he is playing. just saying. but junc you think he will sign soon?

I hope so. I am beginning to get a little nervous. if he is not in this week then I will really start to get nervous.

VD is not at Revis level as a cover corner but Revis does not hit like VD... Revis on another planet? Like some of the Green Misionaries to our board say Revis may very well be traded to another team because he is quickly getting on your FOs nerves with frequent Hold outs..., on a another team maybe but he is not on another planet. If he were, wouldn't he be signed already? Biggest over-hype in the league thanks to your coaches big trunk of a mouth.

Anyways you blitz like you do it's high risk high reward. So far it is good on Revis, how can he be in the Champ Bailey conversation of elite cover corners without playing 8-10 years at a high level? Revis is very much on this planet.

Very possible, he has all the tools lets just hope he can mentally handle it. He seems like he will be a top corner in the league lets hope hes on that Revis level.

Back
Top Bottom