Cover 0 blitzes - What the hell was Flores thinking?! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cover 0 blitzes - What the hell was Flores thinking?!

Miami was running man across the board. Whose responsibility led to the broken coverage? Or does that dynamic not fit into your theory?

You're giving our DBs way too much credit. To think that our dbs outside of X should be playing man (especially against Juju!) without any safety or lb help is absolutely ridiculous. Do it once, maybe twice to test these guys fine, but they were calling it way too much. Cover 0 blitzes should never be called more than a few times a game, bc of the amount of vulnerability and exposure it presents to your defense. Cover 2/3/4 and we win that game. Rudolph was not going to beat us if we played bend-dont-break D, instead we played all-or-nothing D and failed miserably.

I saw it as a blitz 8. Zone on back end. X stayed home middle zone lost his zone and chased. might be why x didn't play in the second half. Got mad at halftime for the blown assignment. it was from my eyes a simple engage 8 call. 3 man zone. When the man in the middle went outside his zone the call died. he stays middle zone he has tackling help on the other side.

All said our soft zone call before the timeout was the better call. We outsmarted ourselves on the timeout with the change. Should have forced a tight window zone throw draw or screen.

You're giving our DBs way too much credit. To think that our dbs outside of X should be playing man (especially against Juju!) without any safety or lb help is absolutely ridiculous. Do it once, maybe twice to test these guys fine, but they were calling it way too much. Cover 0 blitzes should never be called more than a few times a game, bc of the amount of vulnerability and exposure it presents to your defense. Cover 2/3/4 and we win that game. Rudolph was not going to beat us if we played bend-dont-break D, instead we played all-or-nothing D and failed miserably.

You still haven't identified the man with broken coverage. We all know who it was, but you refuse to go there.

I saw it as a blitz 8. Zone on back end. X stayed home middle zone lost his zone and chased. might be why x didn't play in the second half. Got mad at halftime for the blown assignment. it was from my eyes a simple engage 8 call. 3 man zone. When the man in the middle went outside his zone the call died. he stays middle zone he has tackling help on the other side.

Except, the tape shows differently.

Why the need to cover for a blown coverage?

It happens.

What does the tape show? X let his zone run under to the middle. middle zone got chased and his zone was open after. Maybe not the call. but I saw a 3 deep zone blitz 8.

What does the tape show? X let his zone run under to the middle. middle zone got chased and his zone was open after. Maybe not the call. but I saw a 3 deep zone blitz 8.

Man across the board.

Or are you really trying to sell our best man cover, on this single play was to play short zone? Vacating the middle?

Did you guys watch flores fit on the sideline, if he is tanking than he should get an academy award, but guess what he is not and our play calling has been awful on both sides.

That playcall may have been iffy, but if the coaching staff is on the "tank," the players have bought in. Flores is not causing fumbles, interceptions and blown coverages. It is puzzling though to be so crisp in the first half mostly and then...

X took initial drop steps like he was headed to cover 3.

I got to wonder if someone at the lb level was suppose to deep drop there to the middle of the field.

Otherwise to play that deep and off basically a sticks coverage you gave away the middle of the field. Odd.

Back
Top Bottom