Cover 0 blitzes - What the hell was Flores thinking?! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cover 0 blitzes - What the hell was Flores thinking?!

I actually thought Miami was gonna win but then flores or Graham whoever you wanna blame called that. That's a play you dont call if you are trying to actually win. Pittsburgh would have been lucky to get 3 points out of that

We played another drop out coverage on 3rd and 20 gave them 14 yards down the middle there too. They went for it on 4th and 6 and converted.

Kinda stuff that makes you wonder about how much the staff really wants to win.

Definitely some head scratchers

Was odd to play man, but be 15 yards off the receiver. It was like they were expecting the Steelers to run go routes, and no routes over the middle.
Or at least that's what it looked like Howard thought would happen.

The tackling afterward was equally as bad.

(First Half TD for Steelers)

Im still not at all on the "even the coaches are tanking" train, but man if that play doesn't make it hard to at least consider. Then on top that Flores' halftime quote about now having a chance to play with adversity and prove ourselves or something like that...it almost did seem like It was on purpose. That and the Washington 2 pt conversion are whacky.

Flores was trying to be cute like the patriots. He called a time out right before that play too. That's the sorta thing that makes me nervous about this staff moving forward. Flores should know that this team is no where near the patriots. That play may work for the pats but Flores should know by now what play to run on defense that fits our players strengths, instead he called the absolute worst play that plays to our greatest weakness.

I want a coach who calls plays that favor our players strengths and our opponents weaknesses instead the same BS every week just because "it's their scheme" Or "it's their system".

I actually thought Miami was gonna win but then flores or Graham whoever you wanna blame called that. That's a play you dont call if you are trying to actually win. Pittsburgh would have been lucky to get 3 points out of that
it's this strange thing where they are trying to win buy they leave big windows for another team to crawl through and win.

The screen against the skins, and the blitz were all plays where the other team had to make a simple play and if they don't then we win.

Flores was trying to be cute like the patriots. He called a time out right before that play too. That's the sorta thing that makes me nervous about this staff moving forward. Flores should know that this team is no where near the patriots. That play may work for the pats but Flores should know by now what play to run on defense that fits our players strengths, instead he called the absolute worst play that plays to our greatest weakness.

I want a coach who calls plays that favor our players strengths and our opponents weaknesses instead the same BS every week just because "it's their scheme" Or "it's their system".

That timeout with 2 seconds on the play clock was absolutely ridiculous. Flores and Grier have to go

Hopefully he has learned from it and wont do it again

He better, because from what I have seen Grier has been doing all the heavy lifting in this rebuild, right now Flores is just along for the ride.

Edit: Oh great now Flores is saying he has no regrets about that horrendous play call when he's supposed to be a defensive guru, embarrassing :asshat

Last edited:
He was thinking "Tua" and that's all he needs to think about on Sundays every time things start going well for us.

What does the tape show? X let his zone run under to the middle. middle zone got chased and his zone was open after. Maybe not the call. but I saw a 3 deep zone blitz 8.
Unless of course they were in man, and X played zone. Maybe that's why he got splinters in the 2nd half. Ya gotta at least try...

Back
Top Bottom