Cowboys 31-6 Dolphins - Instant reactions thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cowboys 31-6 Dolphins - Instant reactions thread

Raves scored 50+, Patriots scored 40+, and now the cowboys have scored 30+ points. Based on this trend in the 6th game of the season we will only give up single digit points!! We just need the offense to score a real life TD.
I told this same thing to my buddy watching the game.

Raves scored 50+, Patriots scored 40+, and now the cowboys have scored 30+ points. Based on this trend in the 6th game of the season we will only give up single digit points!! We just need the offense to score a real life TD.
Assuming a constant reduction following the current pattern of 73% of that allowed the previous week (and I think that's a pretty reliable assumption to make) we should only allow the Pats to score 0.5 points in week 17.

I was kinda shocked at OL pass pro 1st half and impressed by Rosen's command
and getting the ball out fast. The kid throws very well on the move and is a better
sneaky athlete than he looks at 1st glance. Hit the WRs in the hands too often
forcing drops!

:confused:

Either Cooper is ALL World or X just doesn't match up with his skill set in an optimum way.
But I'm not gonna dog X because he had a very tuff assignment and not lots of complimentary
play around him.

Said in another spot it would be quite interesting to see Rosen in a years dev behind a high-performance
OL with a strong run game and improved receiver corps -- we especially need a slot monster that can get you
consistent production and the rip the intermediary underbelly of the D open.

I think the staff is keeping things basic and fundamental attempting to protect liabilities and
at the same time not overplaying their hand in an attempt to win a game at this stage.
That said I expect them to keep churning the roster while auditioning talent moving forward
(albeit at a more reasonable pace).

Back to Rosen, the part of his game right now that looked "bad" was the slant action... Unsure if
it was receiver based or ? But we attempted several plays in that direction that looked really sad.
Overall I think he did good in the screen stuff and dink/dunk -- tho the batted down passes sucked.
OL needs to be more aggressive in that area and Rosen needs to vary angles more or trajectory
to avoid the stuffs.

But I think the kid showed obvious improvement in terms of poise and mastery of the O. If he can
continue to improve in a nice linear way he's definitely got a good future IN THE RIGHT PLACE.

Speaking of that.

Peace Out!

- Ballage needs to go. Everytime we involve him it's a wasted down
- I don't think McCain knows what he's doing
- Rosen looks extremely promising to me. Looking forward to seeing how he does the rest of the season
- I agree Godchaux and Wilkins had some good run stuffs today
- Baker needs to know which hole to fill in the run game. He chooses wrong too many times and gives up big plays
- Grant looked like he was trying to show off for his family and buddies up in the stands. He's always good for 1 muffed return per game.
- Charles Harris was MIA once again. He could have had an easy sack but bit really hard on a play-action.

Our receivers continued to drop more passes. Drake was looking good on that drive up until the fumble. It seemed after that, and Jesse Davis getting injured, the team fell apart. At this point I feel it is important to play some of our other running backs. But more positives today than the last two games.

Fitzpatrick had an interception in his first 4 mins as a steeper btw

If Josh Rosen is still able to play football by the time he's 30 I'll be shocked.

The worst DL played the best OL but Rosen made the first half entertaining. Dallas woke up in the second half and our defense wilted. Dallas' DL got good pressure on Rosen once we became one-dimensional. Dallas is very talented on both sides of the ball. They have drafted well. Our OL played okay until Davis went out. The enema continues.

Oh yeah, and the "officiating" (or should it be called
active on-the-field "outcome direction") was patently bogus.

Hurns hit had helmet to helmet contact and personal foul.
Also I assume "unprotected" still applies?

Rosen sideline hit was also obvious blow to head and easy personal foul.
Especially for a QB! Can you imagine if that was Brady???

Call on on-sides kick was BS.

Dallas OL holds on pretty much every play.
They did get called but not enough.

IMO the NFL has a VERY SERIOUS problem with officiating the "rules"
as they are subjectively (inconsistently) applied. Add to that the blatantly
obvious favoritism certain teams and/or players receive.

It's just bogus and a huge turn off to the game if your team isn't in favor.

Back
Top Bottom