Creed Humphrey - Returning to School | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Creed Humphrey - Returning to School

I also thought Paulson Adebo was one of the most overrated corners in the class. Especially after watching him get whooped up on by Gabe Davis

I started mentioning that early in the season. After the Northwestern game Adebo was awful for a solid month and particularly in that UCF game, as you noted. Then I thought Adebo regrouped somewhat late in conference play. He was actually turning to look for the ball once in a while.

Most likely he got a jolt of reality in the draft projection process, especially since this is a better than typical cornerback crop in terms of potential first rounders. Adebo would not have been one of them. I was thinking third round.

Good move to stick around. For one thing, his athletic testing was poor coming out of high school. He wasn't going to earn any benefit of a doubt there.

I’m actually glad to hear he’s returning. Gives MIA a shot at him in 2021. I don’t think they’d have gotten him this draft because I don’t believe they’d use a 1st on him in place of other important positions and he might be gone by 39.

I’m actually glad to hear he’s returning. Gives MIA a shot at him in 2021. I don’t think they’d have gotten him this draft because I don’t believe they’d use a 1st on him in place of other important positions and he might be gone by 39.

This Tua things is going to be anxiety inducing. I say it in regard to this post and how i hope Miami doesn't have to give up resources including dipping into next years ammo. They have the opportunity at a lot of picks to turn this roster round with 2 solid drafts along with FA periods.

I also thought Paulson Adebo was one of the most overrated corners in the class. Especially after watching him get whooped up on by Gabe Davis

Yeah, I was disappointed in his 2019. Thought he showed real promise in 2018, but he regressed, but he needed to take a step forward, and, instead, he regressed. Progression isn't typically linear, so I'm rooting for him to take that step in 2020.

I had him behind both Jaylon Johnson and Darnay Holmes. Holmes was inconsistent, but he flashed elite play, and he absolutely has the physical tools to develop into a great CB. Adebo isn't in his class of athlete. Would have had Elijah Molden rated ahead of him, too, but Molden is also returning to school. So, Adebo wasn't even one of the best Pac 12 CB prospects.

Outside of oline and a qb witb it’s top pick this is where I expect Miami to invest its draft. I will add rb also somewhere

I'd expect Miami to draft a CB before the 3rd Round. Could see CJ Henderson or Jaylon Johnson at 1c or Darnay Holmes or Jeff Gladney somewhere in the 2nd.

If Miami drafts Tua and thinks he will play at some point in 2020, I'd designate two picks for OL, one for WR, and one for CB - obviously, depending on how the board falls. If they plan to redshirt Tua, maybe they only draft a LT within their first five picks and look to build the rest of the line with cheaper pieces, knowing they still have the 2021 offseason to finish it if need be.

I agree that RB should be addressed with a significant investment, relative to the value of the position. I'd start looking in the 3rd. I think it's likely that Miami disagrees with me about adding a WR within the first two rounds, but I hope they don't wait too long, and I really hope they don't ignore the position. If AJ Epenesa declares and falls to 18, the talent and fit might be too much for Miami to pass up. I'd want to focus on offense, but I'd understand and still like the pick. I'd expect him to be off the board somewhere in the Top 15, though. Would be a much better pick than Wilkins at 13, anyway.

I can't because he is absolutely not average. Honestly I feel your analysis of players combative. For the most part you trash players that are rated high and push very average players. Not sure why.

Yeah well that’s dead wrong. On every level. I won’t ask you any more questions if you gonna curl up in tbe fetal position

Last edited:
I'd expect Miami to draft a CB before the 3rd Round. Could see CJ Henderson or Jaylon Johnson at 1c or Darnay Holmes or Jeff Gladney somewhere in the 2nd.

If Miami drafts Tua and thinks he will play at some point in 2020, I'd designate two picks for OL, one for WR, and one for CB - obviously, depending on how the board falls. If they plan to redshirt Tua, maybe they only draft a LT within their first five picks and look to build the rest of the line with cheaper pieces, knowing they still have the 2021 offseason to finish it if need be.

I agree that RB should be addressed with a significant investment, relative to the value of the position. I'd start looking in the 3rd. I think it's likely that Miami disagrees with me about adding a WR within the first two rounds, but I hope they don't wait too long, and I really hope they don't ignore the position. If AJ Epenesa declares and falls to 18, the talent and fit might be too much for Miami to pass up. I'd want to focus on offense, but I'd understand and still like the pick. I'd expect him to be off the board somewhere in the Top 15, though

I’d expect Espenosa to be there at 18 provided he doesn’t run a unexpected number like something in the 4.7s at 280 or plus lbs.

You still taking him at 18 if he runs say low to mid 4.9s?

I know the 10 yard split is gonna play a role in this but those differences in timed speed effect draft slot.

I’d expect Espenosa to be there at 18 provided he doesn’t run a unexpected number like something in the 4.7s at 280 or plus lbs.

You still taking him at 18 if he runs say low to mid 4.9s?

I know the 10 yard split is gonna play a role in this but those differences in timed speed effect draft slot.

I think he probably runs in the 4.7's, but 4.9's would kick him down the board. Either way, I'd prefer to use that pick on offense. I'd have to feel he was too good to pass up to take him at 18. Still early to see how OL shakes out, but I'd take any of Lamb, Jeudy, and Higgins before Espenesa.

CB classes are always interesting no? But I believe you have said this, get someone who is athletic with the right coaching at corner and you can make someone work

Yeah, I want an elite athlete, who runs mid 4.4's or better, has plus instincts, and enough refinement. I'm not going to pound the table for an elite athlete who isn't good, but give me the good college CB with elite tools over the elite college CB with OK tools - especially if you play a lot of Man.

Yeah, I want an elite athlete, who runs mid 4.4's or better, has plus instincts, and enough refinement. I'm not going to pound the table for an elite athlete who isn't good, but give me the good college CB with elite tools over the elite college CB with OK tools - especially if you play a lot of Man.

What's your thoughts on AJ Terrell? He mans up at Clemson and has been highly impressive.

He improved considerably as the season went on and is playing pretty well right now.

He was awful the first three weeks and seem to settle in.

I still like McCoy more as he had a stronger anchor...if only we had a chance to draft him.
We did have a chance but blew it

Back
Top Bottom