Cris Carter paints a rosy pix (NOT) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cris Carter paints a rosy pix (NOT)

what did cris carter do for miami for any fans to really worry about what cris carter says...he sucked when he played for us.

BlueFin said:
Montana's arm strength and mobility are not matters of opinion, they are known facts, Montana like Griese was great because of intangibles, something Fiedler is not and that really is the Genesis of all this, the original assertation that Fiedler was like Bob Griese, which is a freaking joke dude.......nuff said

what stats say he IS average? stats are stats. nothing more. nothing less. they can be interpreted as average, above average, bellow average, etc. it is true that not many would say montana had GREAT skills but many would debate from bellow to above average skills. for something to be noted as fact, all have to agree that it is so, like a # for instance. it is your belief based on what ever evidence, that montana is average at best. your opinion.

``There have been, and will be, much better arms and legs and much better bodies on quarterbacks in the NFL, but if you have to win a game or score a touchdown or win a championship, the only guy to get is Joe Montana.'' -- Randy Cross, former 49er teammate, NBC analyst

``I sincerely believe that Joe was the toughest and most talented quarterback who ever played the game. He was also one of the funniest people I've ever been around. Everybody knows about his ability as a player, but it was his sense of humor that made the package complete." -- Charles Haley, former 49er teammate

``Joe Montana was the greatest quarterback I have ever seen. He did everything that everybody else tried to do and made it look easy. In my 20 years of broadcasting, he was the most dominating player I have ever seen.'' -- Fox network analyst John Madden

three different views of his abilities.

In 1994 Montana became just the fifth quarterback to pass for more than 40,000 yards in a career. At the time of his retirement, he ranked fourth in career passing yardage (40,551 yards), attempts (5,391), and passing touchdowns (273). His 3,409 completions ranked third all-time, and his career passer rating of 92.3 was second all-time.
http://www.profootballhof.com/index.cfm?section=team&cont_id=player&personnel_id=1302&roster_id=42

not bad for someone of average physical ability.

my point here is that, once again, just because you think it, does not make it so. not everyone believes he is of just AVERAGE skill and i have never seen an absolute all ending, no speculation document that states he is average. just average. not more than, or less than, average in physical ablility. in your opinion he is average. and that is ok.

as far as intagables, i will reiterate; you are correct. that is what seperates a good QB from a great QB. and anyone who would try to compare fiedler and griese in any other way than to say one is not the other, is smokin' crack. so why don't you focus your attention on the one who made that comparison and stop try'n to bowl me over...it aint gonna' happen. nuff said......DUDE. :shakeno:

Are you Ozzy ?.If not you certainly sound like him.Intelligent,gifted but with serious gaps in your thought.Lets say that Montana and Griese were winners and proved it on the field when it mattered.Please dont compare with Jay who has proved nothing so far in 4 yrs.

CrunchTime said:
Are you Ozzy ?.If not you certainly sound like him.Intelligent,gifted but with serious gaps in your thought.Lets say that Montana and Griese were winners and proved it on the field when it mattered.Please dont compare with Jay who has proved nothing so far in 4 yrs.

look dude, get of the crack. go back and re-read my posts. i have never, and will never compare those QB's to someone like fiedler. you need to check your own gaps in reality and stop projecting your nightmares on me.

just..put down...the crack pipe.......and ste...epppp..awaaaaaay! :shakeno:

The second most glaring shortcoming of our offense is wide receiver. We have Chris Chambers but nobody else. The Dolphins have been trying to fill the second spot for years. McKnight, Jordan, Sheppard and Carter are a few who have failed. Carter was looked to as a savior for this team. He dropped the ball, more than once I might add. When he played on Monday night, he looked like he hadn't played in years. We haven't had a solid 1-2 receiving corp since the Marks Brothers. That has change by adding Boston. He caught passes for 1,500 yards on a terrible, terrible Cardinals team. He was their only offense. He is now set on the opposite side of Chambers and I guarantee that every team in the AFC East is scared of what will happen. The Pat have Troy Brown and Bethel. The Bills have Moulds and Reed. The Jets have Moss and Chrebet. The Dolphins have Chris Chambers and David Boston. Did I forget McMichael? No more weakness or excuses. Put in Sage.

BlueFin wrote,
Sounds about right, he's pretty much summed it up, Carter after playing under Wanny understands the limitations of his coaching ability and what we should expect, not to mention he's around alot of the players and gets more of their true feelings about the situation down here and not the drivel the reporters get.
I couldn't agree with you more. People forget that a great (yes, he was great in Minnesota) player can read players and coaches better than anyone else. I have never felt that Wanny had most of his players' (or ex-players') respect. .

Back
Top Bottom