Culpepper's new Press Release.... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Culpepper's new Press Release....

Crazy. If he does that would you give up 50% of yours? :rolleyes2

Already do and more, you should try it instead of donating to some rip-off religious organization that just makes you feel good for the occasional Sunday morning jerk-off sermon.

Try spending some time in the children's cancer ward at your local hospital, it might just be enough to make a real society contributing person out of you.

I mean either let the guy compete @ QB (whether its competition or waiting for a trade) or cut him . . . it is against league rules what they are doing and has gotta be a turn off to current players and future FA acquisitions. Even KC had Trent running plays @ camp, c'mon CAMRAM . . . u guys are better than this.

Why do you feel the fins are not handling it well ? the fins want to trade him . it is so obvious that he is not the type of QB that cam likes . so why not get something in return ? . saban spent a 2 rounder on him . comme on !!!!

Why do you feel the fins are not handling it well ? the fins want to trade him . it is so obvious that he is not the type of QB that cam likes . so why not get something in return ? . saban spent a 2 rounder on him . comme on !!!!

Well since Cam has never had to aquire a Qb before who really knows. He has had the luxury of having two four year college starters that were top level prospects already.

Part of me feels we should not just let him go or release him because of the 2nd rounder we gave up for him, but he clearly wants to be released and he may decide not to go along with any trade, just like Plummer did when he refused to go to Tampa. The longer DC stays here the more it is going to disrupt things and cause bad blood out there. If we cannot trade him soon then I think we just have to cut him loose. :unsure:

Already do and more, you should try it instead of donating to some rip-off religious organization that just makes you feel good for the occasional Sunday morning jerk-off sermon.

Try spending some time in the children's cancer ward at your local hospital, it might just be enough to make a real society contributing person out of you.

I doubt that you give 50% of your salary but if it's true, my hat is off to you. As for the rest of your post, don't make assumptions regarding what type of person you think I am and what associations I may have. :tsk:

Thanks man! It was truly a mistake. I will certainly read with a little more scrutiny before quoting information going forward.

No problem. But about that 50% thing... :confused:

...giving up 50% of one's net worth hurts me a heck of a lot more than it would hurt people like DC and Paris Hilton--they'd still be rich--but I'd be in deep trouble. It would have to be a progressive donation to make it hurt both donors the same. :wink:

I never made a claim that other teams were definitely offering more money.

Definitely Def"i*nite*ly, adv.
In a definite manner; with precision; precisely;
determinately.
[1913 Webster]

I said that the interested teams were possibly offering more.

Possibly Pos"si*bly, adv.
In a possible manner; by possible means; especially, by
extreme, remote, or improbable intervention, change, or
exercise of power; by a chance; perhaps; as, possibly he may
recover.
[1913 Webster]

There's a big difference between the two words.

Again, I never said that those articles had any information regarding contract parameters. The fact that there were others suitor does enhance the chances that it may have been possible for him to get a contract for more that the Dolphins offered, right?

Possible Pos"si*ble, a. [F., fr. L. possibilis, fr. posse to
be able, to have power; potis able, capable + esse to be. See
Potent, Am, and cf. Host a landlord.]
Capable of existing or occurring, or of being conceived or
thought of; able to happen; capable of being done; not
contrary to the nature of things; -- sometimes used to
express extreme improbability; barely able to be, or to come
to pass; as, possibly he is honest, as it is possible that
Judas meant no wrong.
[1913 Webster]

Now that you have successfully shown the ability to cut and paste from Webster's online dictionary, let's get back the subject. Why else would you bring up the idea that there was a possibility a team offered more money unless you actually were keen on the idea? I don't think you have the gull to admit that's what you believe, especially when it's foundationless with no factual evidence whatsoever. Instead you'll resort to convient argumentation. "There's a possibility" is such exactly that and is completely theoretical.

I'm not gonna lose sleep over it now. I'll casually look around and if I happen to find something I'll post it. If not, oh well. :)

Good to know.

No problem. But about that 50% thing... :confused:

...giving up 50% of one's net worth hurts me a heck of a lot more than it would hurt people like DC and Paris Hilton--they'd still be rich--but I'd be in deep trouble. It would have to be a progressive donation to make it hurt both donors the same. :wink:

In general I agree with your assessment. Although, depending on what DC has on his plate, 50% may not be a realistic amount to ask him to part with. There's no doubt that he can give substantially though and he probably does.

I couldn't give up 50% of my earnings. I would love to but I just don't have it like that. I do give away my time, efforts and as much as I can financially to various organizations.

Now that you have successfully shown the ability to cut and paste from Webster's online dictionary, let's get back the subject.

:) I don't use online dictionaries. The dictionary in question is actually right on my desktop (Linux user). It provides definitions from Websters as well as from other sources. The Websters just happened to be at the top of the list. You just seem not to be able to understand what I was saying. I was just trying to help you out.

Why else would you bring up the idea that there was a possibility a team offered more money unless you actually were keen on the idea? I don't think you have the gull to admit that's what you believe, especially when it's foundationless with no factual evidence whatsoever. Instead you'll resort to convient argumentation. "There's a possibility" is such exactly that and is completely theoretical.

:D Dude, stop trying to make me say that I said something that I didn't! Did that come out right. :confused: What I said was no less theoretical that you saying this (see below) when you have no way of verifying the strength of other potential offers from that time frame either!

Wait wait..........Culpepper adjusted his deal to do us a favor? I think Daunte forgot that his career was in doubt after tearing 3 ligaments in his knee. Who the h*ll wanted to pay for his original contract? Give me a break.

Never said I believed it to be true that other teams were offering more but I do believe that it was possible due to the number of teams that showed interest.

Good to know.

:unsure:

I think the Dolphins organization is treating Culpepper very poorly no matter what hes getting paid. Just because he was injured last year doesn't make it fair to say that he should give his money back or he deserves to be treated this way. He has worked his butt of trying to get back to play for us and even Zach Thomas said he hasn't been around someone who has worked as hard as Culpepper or who had such a competetive edge. Why wouldnt' they want someone like that around is wrong but not my decsion SO....ANYWAYS in regards to those on here who criticize him for making money last year, injuries are part of preofessional sports and he has done nothign but work his butt off to get back on the field. When Saban got him, it was him and the Dolphins' decision to trade for him, not Culpepper's. They knew the risk adn they took it. Furthermore, look at the NBA. For example, the Magic signed Grant Hill to a 7-year likr 96 million dollar deal. Those contracts are also guaranteed. There plenty of other examples in sports. It's the nature of the business and that doesn't mean he should have to pay it back or be treated this way. I'm sure he might work on possibly doing a restructure if the dolphins asked but this new group doesn't want anything to do with him..

I think the Dolphins organization is treating Culpepper very poorly no matter what hes getting paid. Just because he was injured last year doesn't make it fair to say that he should give his money back or he deserves to be treated this way. He has worked his butt of trying to get back to play for us and even Zach Thomas said he hasn't been around someone who has worked as hard as Culpepper or who had such a competetive edge. Why wouldnt' they want someone like that around is wrong but not my decsion SO....ANYWAYS in regards to those on here who criticize him for making money last year, injuries are part of preofessional sports and he has done nothign but work his butt off to get back on the field. When Saban got him, it was him and the Dolphins' decision to trade for him, not Culpepper's. They knew the risk adn they took it. Furthermore, look at the NBA. For example, the Magic signed Grant Hill to a 7-year likr 96 million dollar deal. Those contracts are also guaranteed. There plenty of other examples in sports. It's the nature of the business and that doesn't mean he should have to pay it back or be treated this way. I'm sure he might work on possibly doing a restructure if the dolphins asked but this new group doesn't want anything to do with him..
:boohoo:

Back
Top Bottom