Cutler agrees to sign for fins | Page 34 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cutler agrees to sign for fins

Lol Tannehill has very close to zero respect around the league. Guys who played, scout, and or cover the league talking up Jay Cutler over him. Implying there's a negligible difference or even a upgrade. Yikes.

While I'm not nearly that high Tannehill's ceiling, and thinks he pretty overrated on this board, he has much more competitive desire than Cutler ever did.

Last edited:
Uh huh. 29 years young. Coming off a season ending knee injury.
He was 28 when Gase took over, and hadn't missed a start. Tanehill was our guy that was being developed, and by my eyes, made good progress in year 1 under Gase.

So how's that working out for ya now? . . .

I think it will work just fine. Moore is ready to roll if Cutler misses some games.

Would have gotten some pretty decent experience this season.

Ok, I finally get it. You wanted to draft a QB this past offseason and make him the starter once Tanehill got injured. Basically, you want to tank the season because you think there is no chance. Got it.

If you were saying all this before Tanehill had a setback, then I respect that. If not, you make a good MMQB.

Gase has already made a fool of you once. I hope he can do it again. :thumbsup For the team's sake of course.

Team outings will be lit this year with Lauren Tannehill and Kristin Cavallari.

DGo3zmZXUAQoaiq.jpg

Where are all he chicken wings and beer comments now that Jay passed his physical, and looked in great shape at his press conference? It's anoyoing to have so many people in our fan base that are such pessimists, and have zero faith in our current staff. I get it as our front office has been drunk at the wheel since Jimmy retired in '99, but it still sucks. I wonder if other teams have such negative fans.

Ironically I wanted Miami to draft Cutler back in 2006. He was projected to go to us by some including Mayock around the 18 spot I believe. Then draft week hype kicked in and Denver drafted him earlier than expected.

11 years later guess I got my wish. Lol.

And I don't know why this threatens Tannehill next year. He'll be 100% this time next year. He'll be just 30. And he'll be primed to go. Just sad to see him lose a full season. But happens to just about every QB. Silly to think he's suddenly a injury prone QB.

Funny...I was thinking almost the exact same thought.

Cutler is garbage, a whiny little brat! But don't worry he'll get hurt mid season and walk away with all his money!

Where are all he chicken wings and beer comments now that Jay passed his physical, and looked in great shape at his press conference? It's anoyoing to have so many people in our fan base that are such pessimists, and have zero faith in our current staff. I get it as our front office has been drunk at the wheel since Jimmy retired in '99, but it still sucks. I wonder if other teams have such negative fans.

images

Jay Cutler is the absolute best case scenario in a very unfortunate set of circumstances. Absolutely the only option that can keep us in the playoff mix. If he can replicate the #'s he produced in 2015 under Gase, in more or less the same offense we were so excited to see Tannehill in in his 2nd season we're getting mid-tier QB play. So he'll have his 2nd year under Gase, with more offensive talent to work with. He only had Jeffrey for 9 games. So half the year he was throwing to basically Bennett and Eddie Royal. Ajayi is an upgrade on Forte. The combination of Parker, Stills and Landry is superior to Jeffrey, Royal and Wilson by a lot. Especially with Jeffrey out for half the season.

If we look at this team that won 10 games last year, I don't think there's much of a difference between 2016 Tannehill and 2017 Cutler assuming he gets up to speed quickly. The lost value is really in the projection of Tannehill in year 2 in the system. So basically tougher schedule, better overall football team and a bit of a QB downgrade from the production we saw last year. This team will be competitive with Cutler.

I think where we see the fall off is with decision making and athletic ability. Fortunately he's still pretty solid moving around the pocket and probably has a better feel for the game than Tanny. I'm a staunch Tannehill supporter, but we're very fortunate that Jay jumped at this opportunity.

He's the QB of the 2017 Miami Dolphins. He has my support.

Lol Tannehill has very close to zero respect around the league. Guys who played, scout, and or cover the league talking up Jay Cutler over him. Implying there's a negligible difference or even a upgrade. Yikes.

While I'm not nearly that high Tannehill's ceiling, and thinks he pretty overrated on this board, he has much more competitive desire than Cutler ever did.

yeah I was hoping RT would have a year that would shut up the critics, but instead, now I hope Cutler makes us all forget about Tanny. It could only mean good things for us.

Back
Top Bottom