Cutler agrees to sign for fins | Page 32 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cutler agrees to sign for fins

I was right there with you. I seriously considered just not watching at all this year but since I figured out a nagging injury is going to keep me relatively immobile for some time it would be absolutely silly for me to not watch just because I hate Cutler. I'm too intrigued on seeing how Ajayi, Landry, and all the other Dolphins I've been rooting for will do.

Don't get me wrong. I'll watch every single game. I just don't have near the same enthusiasm as I had before the injury and now subsequent signing of a player that was nowhere near the best option out there. It's gonna be extremely tough to watch Cutler play in a Dolphins uniform. There's just nothing exciting about him. And I'll always be expecting him to make his trademark mistake at the worst possible time. As pedestrian as Jay Fiedler was, I didn't feel as bad about him as I do Cutler. And Fielder wasn't the easiest QB to buy into.

Earlier I stated that I couldn't think of a less exciting player ... but I actually did --- Mark Sanchez. So I suppose it could always be worse. ;)

• The 10 million for this year has no effect on what we will give Landry. Over 70 million in cap room next year and who do we really need to sign long term next year? Landry, James, possibly Ajayi, maaaybe Maxwell if he balls out.

Over 70 million in cap room? How are u coming up with that number?

Yup, just no going to assume this is a forgone conclusion that he will. Hasn't really been mentioned. I guess Gase and him discussed healing from the injury but...
**** the haters
22271b8cafd8772e67ef50e356cc38e1--smokin-jay-cutler-sports-memes.jpg

But yea, Cutler is never healthy at the best of times never mind after months of retirement and not working out properly

Either you trust gase or you don't that's all this amounts to until the games start

*shrug* I loved his plan A. And I trust he is trying his best to turn any of the shitshow options that were plan B into a half decent emergency option, but you can't make a nice meal out of chicken ****. You can dress it up a bit and cover it in salt, but its still chicken **** at the end of the day

You're not seeing the whole picture or at least here you're trying to paint a prettier one for yourself.

The coaching staff and FO doesn't get a pass from me for:

1) paying Moore whom they do not even consider a viable option to take over the starting spot,

2) knowing that and knowing full well that Tannehill suffered a season ending knee injury and still did not address the back up position with younger talent to develop in case there were setbacks like we now face,

3) now being in panic mode they had to coax a 34 yr old washed up and retired Cutler whose biggest asset is a strong arm but just also spent the rest of last year on IR to get surgery on his throwing shoulder. Not to mention, his offseason training has consisted of not rehabbing his throwing arm but rather "dieting" on beer, chix wings, and nachos to sit in a broadcasting booth.

But nepotism; cool story.
Dude you are not an insider no matter how hard you try to appear as one. Dieting on beer, chix wings, and nachos? He has type 1 diabetes and he would be dead. He was looking for a job before his TV deal so I'm positive he rehabbed.

I love how everyone wants us to have two starting qbs on our roster. It's a sweet idea, but it turns out starting qbs are really really really hard to find. There are less alive than there are NFL teams, as is evident if you look at the Browns, jets, and 49ers starters.

Peter King's article also contains a link to Albert Breer's article speculating on 17s future. Good read.

Peter King's article also contains a link to Albert Breer's article speculating on 17s future. Good read.

Was a good read.

And he is right . . . The Vikings totals of 8-8 and 20.5 PPG would be a disappointing season here in Miami.

For this to be worth it, I think 10-6 has to be the floor and a top 10 offense. Both are achieveable assuming we get the Cutler from 2015.

Reactions: MD
  • The 10 million for this year has no effect on what we will give Landry. Over 70 million in cap room next year and who do we really need to sign long term next year? Landry, James, possibly Ajayi, maaaybe Maxwell if he balls out.

As of this minute we have only about $3.5 mil in cap space next season. We can create more room, but only by cutting players, and making holes.

Was a good read.

And he is right . . . The Vikings totals of 8-8 and 20.5 PPG would be a disappointing season here in Miami.

For this to be worth it, I think 10-6 has to be the floor and a top 10 offense. Both are achieveable assuming we get the Cutler from 2015.
If Cutler plays well and the Phins get in the playoffs it certainly presents an interesting situation. Playoff win and you have to consider bringing Cutler back. Big if.

Back
Top Bottom