Cutler vs. Tannehill Season-Long Comparison Thread | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cutler vs. Tannehill Season-Long Comparison Thread

Hell even Sanchez tried to sell it despite...lol

Sanchez+in+the+wildcat_25a300_4859345.gif

That is actually a pretty decent effort

I have a new appreciation for Ryan Tannehill, that's for sure.

Just goes to show you that even if Cutler is more talented arm and pocket wise it means nothing. Tannehill far better leader.. Cuitler is not plain and simple..

RIP missing Tannehill thread, but he is still missed

And comparisons to jay Cutler lolz

This guy got it from the very start

Tannehill is a good but not elite qb.

Cutler is... Jay Cutler *shudders* why do people still need to make comparisons?

I'd say that's true, excluding the area of pocket awareness and the evasion of sacks.

I can agree with that. While Tannehill is more athletic and can gain yards on the run better, Cutler just manipulates the pocket so well. Maybe Tannehill will benefit from seeing that and try to incorporate those moves somewhat

Reactions: <O>
They will lose. Team has no heart. Tannehill is the heart of the team and makes Gase look good. Gase had a lot of balls to say he didn't like what he saw last year. With Cutler and Gase running the show this week at home. Im looking forward to the Booooooooooo,s.

Cutler just manipulates the pocket so well.
This is kind of an ironic quote, because he scrambles out of the pocket just to get sacked anyways or a bounce pass to a receiver. He can't throw on the run and is horribly inaccurate. There's absolutely nothing to like about this guy.

I can agree with that. While Tannehill is more athletic and can gain yards on the run better, Cutler just manipulates the pocket so well. Maybe Tannehill will benefit from seeing that and try to incorporate those moves somewhat
I agree with you on many of your takes Travis, but you lost me on this one. Cutler manipulates the pocket in the tradition of Jim Everett...he bails when it's not necessary and often struggles to make a decent pass in doing so...or rolls into pressure.

At this point I think the only thing that Tannehill can learn from Cutler is how to keep a hot wife through his NFL career...

I agree with you on many of your takes Travis, but you lost me on this one. Cutler manipulates the pocket in the tradition of Jim Everett...he bails when it's not necessary and often struggles to make a decent pass in doing so...or rolls into pressure.

At this point I think the only thing that Tannehill can learn from Cutler is how to keep a hot wife through his NFL career...

Well, it's a double edged sword. Sometimes he does a really good job of feeling pressure and moving, and sometimes he does a really good job of getting happy feet and ****ing up his chances at completing a pass.

Bingo. Cutlers eye level drops a lot and when he does bring them back up from the pocket it's by and large for the underneath dump option while bailing out on the throw.

The only real thing I see is cutler climbs the pocket pretty well when he has a wide middle opening and gets early wide pressure from both sides.

But then half the time after while climbing he throws the ball errant or in the dirt

I have a bad feeling about Cutler - not just his mentality, but his arm. I don't know how extensive the shoulder repair was, but something doesn't look quite right. He seems to have velocity when his feet are set and he steps into it, but on anything else, he's either inaccurate, weak or both. I mean maybe it's just tightness/range of motion and with reps things will get better. Or maybe not.

He has never been the most consistent QB when it comes to placement, but he used to be able to throw on the move ok. Now, it's just bad. Really quite bad.

Reactions: <O>
Back
Top Bottom