Cutler vs. Tannehill Season-Long Comparison Thread | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cutler vs. Tannehill Season-Long Comparison Thread

As I've said elsewhere, I don't think it's that Tannehill's leadership is underrated, but rather that a one-year mercenary at QB can't possibly be viewed as a leader by his teammates.

The leadership of such an individual will pale in comparison to the leadership of someone who's been on the team long-term and has a long-term contract with it (i.e., Tannehill), regardless of the quality of that long-term player's leadership ability.

On a "leadership scale" of 0 to 100, Tannehill could be a mere 50 and obviously far outshine Cutler's leadership score -- in this particular situation -- of perhaps only 10.

What we're seeing here is a vacancy of leadership, not necessarily an indication of someone else's leadership ability.

NE is struggling in their own right, heard on the radio today brady is on pace to take 52 sacks this year and was slow to get up a few times yesterday

As I've said elsewhere, I don't think it's that Tannehill's leadership is underrated, but rather that a one-year mercenary at QB can't possibly be viewed as a leader by his teammates.

The leadership of such an individual will pale in comparison to the leadership of someone who's been on the team long-term and has a long-term contract with it (i.e., Tannehill), regardless of the quality of that long-term player's leadership ability.

On a "leadership scale" of 0 to 100, Tannehill could be a mere 50 and obviously far outshine Cutler's leadership score -- in this particular situation -- of perhaps only 10.

What we're seeing here is a vacancy of leadership, not necessarily an indication of someone else's leadership ability.

Those skill players on o are seeing the qb bail out and take the easy route you can guarantee that.

Those skill players on o are seeing the qb bail out and take the easy route you can guarantee that.

No doubt, and so then why can't Gase?

Staying with a player of that nature for any more than three games is a recipe for losing a locker room completely, especially when a warrior like Matt Moore is the alternative.

Tannehill is not a mediocre QB... I agree
But..... Is he a winner? How many playoffs appearances? How many playoffs wins?
1 he help get us there. Philbin was a joke. Im not counting that crappy dink and donk offence. Tannehill should have been a star 3 years ago

No doubt, and so then why can't Gase?

Staying with a player of that nature for any more than three games is a recipe for losing a locker room completely, especially when a warrior like Matt Moore is the alternative.

Cause gase knows that matt moores limitations are taking us nowhere.

He's figuring out that cutlers are too.

The seasons over fellas. If cutler can't expose single coverage with no help this whole things a wrap already.

He looks washed up. Same player with the same career long flaws now just washed up. And the give a damns gone.

He doesn't even have his 40 yard rope rifle anymore. He's throwing one hoppers on 6 yard outs.

Go home jay

I miss Ryan too
Tannehill is a 20 to 25 TDs a season QB. That's all he's ever been. He has 2 or 3 good games every year. 1.5 TDs per game average won't consistently get you to the play-offs without a strong running game' Last season we had that and therefore Gase and Tannehill and the whole team looked like they belong. Tannehill would be light years better than Cutler, hell, so would Moore but, Gase would have to admit that he was wrong and made a 10 million dollar booboo. I think he's bought into his own legend as the "Whisperer" and is hoping for a miracle. I'm hoping for a miracle too, that Cutler sprains his thumb and forces Gase's hand.

he was on Pace for closer to 30 TD's last year...a year with a decent OL & good weapons & normal coach the first time in his career. He had 3 TD's at half vs Arizona then got injured he would have ended with 5 most likely.

bring me back Tan Marino!!!!

A+ post uk. It absolutely stuns me more people aren't thinking the grass / greener thing, yet would rather try to keep piling on Tannehill

He still put forth more effort than Cutler. Ryan's WC > Cutler's WC
Hell even Sanchez tried to sell it despite...lol

Sanchez+in+the+wildcat_25a300_4859345.gif

I really wonder who gave him that medical advice. Dolphins have had a long history with incompetent medical staffs making horrible decisions. Ah well just hope Ryan comes back with a fire in his belly.

I really wonder who gave him that medical advice. Dolphins have had a long history with incompetent medical staffs making horrible decisions. Ah well just hope Ryan comes back with a fire in his belly.

Fire in his belly, like a fierce competitor??? hahahahahaha.

Maybe, I hope he does come back with a passion or fire we have not seen, with a rookie being the backup.

Sure to have a top 10 pick. I think you have to pick a QB so if RT can't hold up we don't go through this again

There are 3 very good QB prospects which are all better prospects then this years rookie class. (With the exception of Watson)

Back
Top Bottom