Cutler vs. Tannehill Season-Long Comparison Thread | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cutler vs. Tannehill Season-Long Comparison Thread

Jay Cutler is an apathetic loser of a player, but Ryan Tannehill is just a guy. I don't care for either of them. You aren't achieving sustained excellence with either. Ever.

So QB scouting is not your thing basically is what you're saying?.... I agree:thumbsup

I'm not sure how you could watch these games and not be convinced of how good RT is. Our O looks inept without him.

F*** Jay Cutler, he's a tricky one. But now I get it, he just sucks. Put in Moore!

One thing about hanging out on FH, it gives one a chance to understand the mindset of the majority of the fanbase. The problem is that there are many Fin Fans who are waiting for the next Marino and any quarterback that doesn't measure up to that standard is a failure. Well, probably around 98% of the qbs in the history of the league could never measure up to Dan's talent or skill set. There are many MANY guys with rings (Aikman, Bradshaw, Dilfer, Brad Johnson etc.) who weren't anywhere near Dan's talent level. Football is a team sport and Tannehill has proven himself to be a fine leader who has worked hard to improve his flaws (his deep ball had improved tremendously before he went down last season). Those on this board who don't like him, will never like him. If we were to bounce back and win the Super Bowl next season, I am sure the Tannehaters would say that he rode a good team to a championship, but hey...that's football! There are very few Dan Marinos in the world and I am with the OP in saying I wish Tannehill was taking snaps for us right now. The Cutler experiment is dying a slow, horrible death.

If we get a high of enough pick I hope they draft a young QB and let Tannehill start next year and see how it goes. We'd have a nice Rivers/Brees situation if they are both good and can flip one for multiple picks.

For some, the grass across the way always looks greener -

that's until you look around and see you're standing in a meadow of pee-yellowed grass, piles of **** and dirt!
Please do your best to heal quickly and completely RT17

Last edited:
Tannehill is a 20 to 25 TDs a season QB. That's all he's ever been. He has 2 or 3 good games every year. 1.5 TDs per game average won't consistently get you to the play-offs without a strong running game' Last season we had that and therefore Gase and Tannehill and the whole team looked like they belong. Tannehill would be light years better than Cutler, hell, so would Moore but, Gase would have to admit that he was wrong and made a 10 million dollar booboo. I think he's bought into his own legend as the "Whisperer" and is hoping for a miracle. I'm hoping for a miracle too, that Cutler sprains his thumb and forces Gase's hand.

If you really think that much of RT then you should be really glad that he is not part of this seasons trainwreck that would have occurred with OR without him behind center. This team is nowhere near winning football from top to bottom...Matter of fact RT would be squarely in the crosshairs of criticism about now so If he can get his knee healthy he will get another shot...If he was suited up this year? Not so much...

I absolutely disagree 100%.

Ryan is QB, the Dolphins score far more frequently, and because he would continually find his receivers with much better accuracy, Ajayi would also be doing a hell of a lot better, giving the defense more rest, allowing Opponents to score less.

If Ryan was the QB, Miami right now at worse is 2-1, and at best 3-0.

I absolutely disagree 100%.

Ryan is QB, the Dolphins score far more frequently, and because he would continually find his receivers with much better accuracy, Ajayi would also be doing a hell of a lot better, giving the defense more rest, allowing Opponents to score less.

If Ryan was the QB, Miami right now at worse is 2-1, and at best 3-0.

I like Tanny. I'm not a fanboi, I have called him out plenty of times for his issues, but I actually like Tanny and I KNOW he would have had this offense running far better.

That said, if he didnt reinjure his knee in PS, he most likely would have reinjured it against the Jets.

Our Oline is just that bad and RT has the guts to hang in there to complete the pass. I'm almost certain he would be on the IR by now.

How many times did we hear that Tannehill isnt a leader? That teammates don't respect him as he doesn't shout or show enough passion.

Is this the leadership people wanted to see?

Is this how a proper QB should carry himself?

Damn i didnt even see that until now. Get that poor sob out of there now

I believe that Ryan Tannehill is a good QB, so of course I miss him this morning. Dolphins would be performing better with him at QB, I have no doubt of that. It is what it is.

He got sold some snake oil by the amazing Dr. James Andrews, doctor to the stars, and instead of prepping to play in a couple of weeks, he's prepping to play in 2018. What can ya do?

Jay Cutler's not a bad person, though. He's a relaxed person. Not in the same way that Matt Moore is a relaxed person, but in the way that a department store mannequin is relaxed. And this team needs someone who isn't a department store mannequin right now.

We can't relie on his recovery. Draft a QB and let things play out

If I'm the Dolphins, I'm drafting defense early (or Saquon Barkley if we get that lucky) and a mid-round QB. If there's a blue chip TE prospect on the table, that's also an option.

Now that he's had the surgery and will be wearing a brace, the knee should be fine. The issue is he never had the damn surgery.

I tried to explain this. Tannehill is the Miami Dolphins. Players love him and this shows completely how good Tannehill is. He is not a mediocre QB. Stop with that BS
Tannehill is not a mediocre QB... I agree
But..... Is he a winner? How many playoffs appearances? How many playoffs wins?

I believe that Ryan Tannehill is a good QB, so of course I miss him this morning. Dolphins would be performing better with him at QB, I have no doubt of that. It is what it is.

He got sold some snake oil by the amazing Dr. James Andrews, doctor to the stars, and instead of prepping to play in a couple of weeks, he's prepping to play in 2018. What can ya do?

Jay Cutler's not a bad person, though. He's a relaxed person. Not in the same way that Matt Moore is a relaxed person, but in the way that a department store mannequin is relaxed. And this team needs someone who isn't a department store mannequin right now.

Couldn't have said it better.

Cutler is exactly who we should've been expecting to get.

I was on vacation when RT got hurt and it put a damper on my entire trip because a huge part of me knew what it meant for the season. It was crushing as I really like the player and he's an easy kid to root for. I have no doubt he will do everything in his power to come back.

Problem is...

Where will this team finish and how will that affect next season's draft plans. Normally at 1-2 you still have some hope that things can get turned around especially after last season's run. Obviously, the guy mostly responsible for last year's success (#17) isn't here to rally the troops. God forbid we are picking first or second in the draft and we have a very tough decision to make about the next decade of Dolphin football.

This Tennessee game feels like a last stand if you will with a trip to Atlanta looming after that.

I will always root for the Dolphins and I will always be a homer so if this team can gain some confidence they can get back on track and squeeze out a respectable 8-8 season.

Hard to envision though when you can't even score a point.

Running behind Thomas on 3rd and one is horrid. Having starting guards bushrod and Steen is a joke.

Back
Top Bottom