Cutler vs. Tannehill Season-Long Comparison Thread | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cutler vs. Tannehill Season-Long Comparison Thread

Tannehill is underrated fullstop
yeah but no guarantee his knee will hold up. He essentially is out till the end of camp 2018. What's Miami's plan until then or further, such as 2-3 weeks into the season. Do they want another 1-2 start so they stick to the norm?

Look first off, yes - I am a Tannehill fanboy and I am not remotely ashamed to admit it. And I miss him.

Not only is he a significantly better QB than anything we have seen on our O this season, but he is also a much better leader, teammate and (imo) person.

Is Ryan going to the hall of fame? No. But so many of you seemed to think you could just snap your fingers and find a better QB but that just isn't the case. There's a reason why it took damn near 20 years to find a QB as good as Tannehill - it isn't easy to find a Tom Brady, its ****ing hard.

Maybe he isn't the GOAT, but I can assure you that at 0-0 he wouldn't have been standing on the side of the field with his hands on his hips refusing to even pretend that he was remotely interested in scoring a TD (exactly why I can't stand Cutler) or helping with the play.

Maybe the knee will be his long term downfall, I am sure quite a few fins fans would welcome it, but having seen the other side of the fence? The grass certainly isnt always greener and I for one miss Ryan.

Honestly can't think of any sportsman more underappreciated by his own fanbase, can't wait for his return and after a few more games under Cutler? Maybe some will realise what they had all along.. (those who said he would be cut and Cutler signed seem to have gone quiet)

Last edited:
If you really think that much of RT then you should be really glad that he is not part of this seasons trainwreck that would have occurred with OR without him behind center. This team is nowhere near winning football from top to bottom...Matter of fact RT would be squarely in the crosshairs of criticism about now so If he can get his knee healthy he will get another shot...If he was suited up this year? Not so much...

How many times did we hear that Tannehill isnt a leader? That teammates don't respect him as he doesn't shout or show enough passion.

Is this the leadership people wanted to see?

Is this how a proper QB should carry himself?

Jay Cutler is an apathetic loser of a player, but Ryan Tannehill is just a guy. I don't care for either of them. You aren't achieving sustained excellence with either. Ever.

Jay Cutler is an apathetic loser of a player, but Ryan Tannehill is just a guy. I don't care for either of them. You aren't achieving sustained excellence with either. Ever.

There are very few QBs anyone achieves sustained excellence with. Brady, Brees, and Rodgers are pretty much it currently in the NFL. However, Tannehill is good enough to win with when you have the right pieces in place. Cutler, is clearly not.

Nope...not one of the few elite, but more than just a guy. He's proven that...especially with his contributions in some clutch plays last year.

Even IF he were "just a guy", Cutler's QB play would make me miss him.

When we got to the half I switched out of my Ajayi into my Tannehill Jersey. I miss him so much.

Back
Top Bottom