Cutler vs. Tannehill Season-Long Comparison Thread | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cutler vs. Tannehill Season-Long Comparison Thread

His stupidity got him hurt again so we wasted 10 mil on a replacement. Meanwhile paying him 20 mil to sit out plus 20 mil next year to play on maybe 2 good knees. Screwed our cap and we will have to give him 2 years to be healthy before we can finally move on

I don't think anyone can blame the Cutler signing on Tannehill. He didn't make anyone do anything.

Tannehill is not a mediocre QB... I agree
But..... Is he a winner? How many playoffs appearances? How many playoffs wins?

QB position is the most important in football by a long shot, but it's still a team game. Tannehill is good enough at QBing along with having the leadership traits you want to win in the playoffs with a quality team. I've never seen a QB do it himself...even the elites.

Look first off, yes - I am a Tannehill fanboy and I am not remotely ashamed to admit it. And I miss him.

Not only is he a significantly better QB than anything we have seen on our O this season, but he is also a much better leader, teammate and (imo) person.

Is Ryan going to the hall of fame? No. But so many of you seemed to think you could just snap your fingers and find a better QB but that just isn't the case. There's a reason why it took damn near 20 years to find a QB as good as Tannehill - it isn't easy to find a Tom Brady, its ****ing hard.

Maybe he isn't the GOAT, but I can assure you that at 0-0 he wouldn't have been standing on the side of the field with his hands on his hips refusing to even pretend that he was remotely interested in scoring a TD (exactly why I can't stand Cutler) or helping with the play.

Maybe the knee will be his long term downfall, I am sure quite a few fins fans would welcome it, but having seen the other side of the fence? The grass certainly isnt always greener and I for one miss Ryan.

Honestly can't think of any sportsman more underappreciated by his own fanbase, can't wait for his return and after a few more games under Cutler? Maybe some will realise what they had all along.. (those who said he would be cut and Cutler signed seem to have gone quiet)

I do too...but he messed up not getting the surgery...period.

His stupidity got him hurt again so we wasted 10 mil on a replacement. Meanwhile paying him 20 mil to sit out plus 20 mil next year to play on maybe 2 good knees. Screwed our cap and we will have to give him 2 years to be healthy before we can finally move on

If only he had consulted with fans on the internet rather than world famous medical experts! That's the sign of high intelligence...

Couldn't have said it better.

Cutler is exactly who we should've been expecting to get.

I was on vacation when RT got hurt and it put a damper on my entire trip because a huge part of me knew what it meant for the season. It was crushing as I really like the player and he's an easy kid to root for. I have no doubt he will do everything in his power to come back.

Problem is...

Where will this team finish and how will that affect next season's draft plans. Normally at 1-2 you still have some hope that things can get turned around especially after last season's run. Obviously, the guy mostly responsible for last year's success (#17) isn't here to rally the troops. God forbid we are picking first or second in the draft and we have a very tough decision to make about the next decade of Dolphin football.

This Tennessee game feels like a last stand if you will with a trip to Atlanta looming after that.

I will always root for the Dolphins and I will always be a homer so if this team can gain some confidence they can get back on track and squeeze out a respectable 8-8 season.

Hard to envision though when you can't even score a point.

If we're picking 1 or 2 and we draft an offensive player not named Saquon Barkley, we ****ed up.

They said they expect to have Tannehill back and participating in the offseason program 2018. So he will be around for OTA's.

He should be able to lightly practice and throw for timing purposes. He is already doing agility stuff for his rehab.

Either way Im ok with drafting a QB and seeing what happens. Need to fortify those darn Guard positions though.

And yes he is very under rated/appreciated. This season will open peoples eyes on just how productive he was.

He really looked like a top 10 guy last year. Build him a wall like Brady has and we can make a run.

How many times did we hear that Tannehill isnt a leader? That teammates don't respect him as he doesn't shout or show enough passion.

Is this the leadership people wanted to see?

Is this how a proper QB should carry himself?
That's pathetic, actually. But it's typical Jay Cutler - you get his arm and his sometimes brilliance, but you get a lot of stuff you don't want too. It's a package deal, and it's what $10M gets you nowadays.

Having said that, there was a more pathetic effort by a QB on a wildcat yesterday:

I have a problem with declaring Tannehill is a strong leader when he is not playing because the offense is struggling without him. Now if he was playing and actually leading the team to victories/playoffs then that would make sense to me.

if we finish top 5 we have to consider a qb.

Even I know that. And we may well finish there cause teams are taking Ajayi away and forcing the qb to beat them and he's done nothing and matt Moore can't change that either

A+ post uk. It absolutely stuns me more people aren't thinking the grass / greener thing, yet would rather try to keep piling on Tannehill

That's pathetic, actually. But it's typical Jay Cutler - you get his arm and his sometimes brilliance, but you get a lot of stuff you don't want too. It's a package deal, and it's what $10M gets you nowadays.

Having said that, there was a more pathetic effort by a QB on a wildcat yesterday:

He still put forth more effort than Cutler. Ryan's WC > Cutler's WC

If I'm in the Top 5, especially with this draft being so heavily QB-focused, probably the best since Eli, Rivers, Ben... I'm looking at QB. Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Rudolph even. I'm taking a hard look at Josh Rosen, regardless if the scouts think he's inconsistent.

Josh Rosen is the guy you want

I have a problem with declaring Tannehill is a strong leader when he is not playing because the offense is struggling without him. Now if he was playing and actually leading the team to victories/playoffs then that would make sense to me.

The guy who only posts on this site to bash Tannehill, doesn't think he is a leader. SHOCKER

Back
Top Bottom