D. Rodgers Arrested!!!...More Problems. (merged) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

D. Rodgers Arrested!!!...More Problems. (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by dolfan87
I am sorry, but I think the only CORRECT thing to do is release him.

I mean there really is no doubt that he is guilty as charged, seeing as how there are witnesses. Just cut him now, save us the distraction, and move on.

Uhm 87, Don't you think we should at least wait until the legal system says he is guilty of this, before we hang him? Now I don't have all the facts, nor does anyone in the general public, so I just don't think that we should convict him just yet.

Last I checked, this is still America, where you are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court by a jury of your peers! I am no fan of our legal system per se, but it is the best in the world, and we must let this play out legally before we assume guilt. And before someone blasts me as being a bleeding heart, I am far from that. Not to get too political, but I lean way to the conservative side of things.

That said, if he is found guilty of this, then by all means, you release him. This is much worse than some misdemeanor traffic type offense. I hope that it all works out, and he is found not guilty of this, but for now, I will just wait and see what takes place legally.

Man oh man, I have been talking about how we needed another quality LB since the end of last season...damn it i hate when I am right. If he is found innocent or guilty, if he plays he won't have his heart in the game. He wasn't that great when he has his mind fully on football. If he is suspended Galyon starts as bad as that is what happens if Galyon or Greenwood get injured? Our LB core is looking like our biggest hole right now, does anyone know what options are out there in FA?

I love all the people that are saying "wait till the courts figure it out". It is not like this the OJ trial where no one actully saw him do it. He was in a restaurant in the middle of the lunch rush. I am sure atleast 50 people saw him do it. now granted his wife might layoff, and he can probably buy the other guy off, but lets be honest with our selfs he hit them.

Just in case he is found guilty of this and is not able to play this year, I think Galyon would be a capable replacement for him. Not that Galyon is a worldbeater, but Rodgers has never lived up to his potential IMO since he has been on the team.

He does not make enough plays for my liking, and I don't want to hear this system BS, that our D is designed for Zach to make the majority of the plays among the LB's. IMO he has been very underwhelming, and is not that great of a contributor.

Dajesues, I totally agree with you on the point of us not signing a vet LB this off-season. This COULD potentially be a HUGE mistake.
Robert Jones, where are you????? lol j/k

Originally posted by scotgif
Just in case he is found guilty of this and is not able to play this year, I think Galyon would be a capable replacement for him. Not that Galyon is a worldbeater, but Rodgers has never lived up to his potential IMO since he has been on the team.

He does not make enough plays for my liking, and I don't want to hear this system BS, that our D is designed for Zach to make the majority of the plays among the LB's. IMO he has been very underwhelming, and is not that great of a contributor.

Dajesues, I totally agree with you on the point of us not signing a vet LB this off-season. This COULD potentially be a HUGE mistake.
Robert Jones, where are you????? lol j/k

I agree about Gaylon. Heck, he might be a better LB than Rodgers. With Rodgers off the field problems I kinda wish we would have went after Kirkland for depth.

WCoast, and Crazy, you two should be ASHAMED of yourselves.

You DON'T HIT A WOMEN...EVER! Lord I am disappointed in you two.

Not only did Derrick hit her, he kicked her as well. I am sorry, but you take your anger someplace else...the gym, a punching bag, whatever, but you don't kick and hit your wife for eating in a public outdoor resturant! I am sorry, but if she was trying to cheat on him, wouldn't she do that in private?

You guys need to take a long hard look at some women who have been beat up, and abused by their spouses.

THERE IS NO EXCUSE!!

1) He will be able to play. He will pay his wife off and she will drop the charges. Rodgers ain't gonna miss one game let alone one day of camp.

2) He is a lowlife for what he did, but compared to some of the other class acts in the NFL this guy is not on the bottom of the list. Which is actually kind of sad.

Didn't read most of the posts, but Bills fans really don't have anything they can say in light of recent legal problems Bills players have had.

I'm a Bills fan

its just another hurdle for our dolphins to over come!!! at least the media will stay off ricky's back for awhile!!!

I agree with the few on this board who say, "Wait until we get all the facts. And wait until the legal system goes to work on this thing". Too many of us here are calling for his head prematurely.

While hitting women is not to be tolerated, you have to see where he's coming from. This was a crime of passion. While most of us would have handled it differently (controlled ourselves), you still would feel rage and/or betrayal when confronted with a similar situation.

Rodgers' wife said, "I never imagined something like this happening. I could never picture this happening, not with someone like Derrick. Derrick is a good man, everybody loved him. His teammates love him.''

To me, her statement shows you that this incident was completely out of character for Derrick Rodgers. And IMHO, you shouldn't lose your job the first time you screw up. I'm not excusing what he did. Just willing to forgive. Just like with any other first time offender.

BTW - One Derrick Rodgers has something that Scott Galyon doesn't is speed. I'm also of the opinion that Rodgers is a better player than most give him credit for.

Originally posted by Muck
BTW - One Derrick Rodgers has something that Scott Galyon doesn't is speed. I'm also of the opinion that Rodgers is a better player than most give him credit for.

I have to agree w/you muck....He wasnt a probowler but I think hes a solid experienced starter......Gaylon got cut and it should have stayed that way....IMO.

I think the reason Galyon got cut was because his knees still weren't fully recovered. I've heard that he's finally back up to par and that's why he's sticking.

I posted something similar on another thread, but I'll post it here too: D. Rodgers, even if convicted (he'll probably just plead no contest given the preponderance of the evidence) will not serve any jail time beyond what he's already serving. What will happen is he will get 2 years probation coupled with a prescription to anger management classes and a court appointed watchdog. That's just the way things work.

Sometimes people do some pretty crappy things in the heat of the moment and it doesn't make them terrible people who should never be given a second chance, D. Rodg did something incredibly stupid today regardless of what his wife was doing (many of us can sympathize with having a signifigant other stepping out on us) and he probably deserves to be punished but taking anyone's livelyhood away for something like this is just wrong (and yes, I'd be saying the same thing if this were a Jills player too.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom