D. Rodgers Arrested!!!...More Problems. (merged) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

D. Rodgers Arrested!!!...More Problems. (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact is there will be ramifacations, and thay will distract DR. He will have court dates, and other distractions to deal with all season long. The simple fact is football will not be his biggest concern this season witch will make him less of a player.

Originally posted by Dajesus
The fact is there will be ramifacations, and thay will distract DR. He will have court dates, and other distractions to deal with all season long. The simple fact is football will not be his biggest concern this season witch will make him less of a player.

You talk as if you know DR on a personal basis, You seem to know that he is not capable of, doing his job and not focus on what he has to do on the field. Yes the court dates and all will be a distration to a point, but I would think that a person could be able to seperate the 2 and be able to focus on his job. And yes I do know what I am talking about. I did something very stupid when I was younger, and for the 1st week or so I was consumed by what I did and the ramifications of what I did. But then you realize that you have to put it aside and do what you have to do.

Give the man some slack before you say he wont beable to function on the field. We will see soon enough.

P.S. Before you go and think I did something petty like shoplift or something minor, I will say it is no fun when your lawyer tells you you could get up to 28 years in prison.

Gotta agree with a few people here.....Expo, as usual, is right on the money....Ducken seems to know what he is talking about too....You people that are ready to start Scott Galyon are WAAAAAY over reacting......Rodgers aint going no where and this thing is going to get resolved one way or another with very little effect on the team.
Trust me.....it's not that big a deal.
It's a sh*tty situation, but legal-wise, it's small potatoes.

IT HAPPENS

Originally posted by dolfan87
WCoast, and Crazy, you two should be ASHAMED of yourselves.

You DON'T HIT A WOMEN...EVER! Lord I am disappointed in you two.

Women like men are'nt saints. There are times when striking a woman is understandable ie like if she's hitting you thinking he's a man he won't hit me back. Well one made that mistake ONE time and she got a very small taste of the back of my hand and she never struck me again. If you need to be disappointed in someone how about Warren Moon or Jason Kidd. The jury's still out on DR.

Not only did Derrick hit her, he kicked her as well. I am sorry, but you take your anger someplace else...the gym, a punching bag, whatever, but you don't kick and hit your wife for eating in a public outdoor resturant! I am sorry, but if she was trying to cheat on him, wouldn't she do that in private?

None of us know the whole story, hell it has'nt even been 24hrs since this alledgely happened. God its so easy to take the high road when you are not in their shoes.

You guys need to take a long hard look at some women who have been beat up, and abused by their spouses.

It goes both ways. If you want to get up on a soapbox and defend a gender how about your own or are you?

THERE IS NO EXCUSE!!
Yeah rightttt.

OK, I guess I am the only one here who thinks that punching and kicking a woman is a very serious thing. It's letting your rage and anger get the best of you that gets people killed. When you have a 235lb man hitting a 125lb woman, all it takes is ONE punch to kill her. Not to mention picking up a chair and hitting a guy.

Fine get some help, and I hope D.R. does get help, but I don't want him on my football team.

I am not posting for awhile, because I just simply can't believe that not ONE person on here feels that beating up a woman is grounds for release. And what's worse, some of you are condoning it.

I am ashamd to be a part of these forums...and I never ever thought I would have to say that.

I agree with you 87, there are alot of things that can slide but a man should NEVER hit a woman. Combine that with a 235pound conditioned pro athlete and he could have killed or at the least seriously hurt her.

He's the Dolphins problem and he deserves his day in court before the team or league does anything to him so I'm not saying the Fish should cut him but to excuse his actions is wrong.

NEVER hit a woman, if he goes to the place and gets into it with the guy, so be it but NEVER hit the woman.

Hilarious

You are trying to paint this picture her for all of us that DR was PUNCHING and KICKING [Plural] his wife beating the holy shtz out of her and she was one punch away from death

Please keep it coming you are killing me!!.

Oh yeah everyone here condones violence against women because we don't share your over exagerated views.

Once again hilarious.:D

Originally posted by RobertHoover
I agree with you 87, there are alot of things that can slide but a man should NEVER hit a woman. Combine that with a 235pound conditioned pro athlete and he could have killed or at the least seriously hurt her.

He's the Dolphins problem and he deserves his day in court before the team or league does anything to him so I'm not saying the Fish should cut him but to excuse his actions is wrong.

NEVER hit a woman, if he goes to the place and gets into it with the guy, so be it but NEVER hit the woman.

I`ll back you and 87 on this one. In my younger days, I had the opportunity to knock a couple guys on their asses for hit`n their women. It was time well spent. YOU DON`T HIT A WOMAN. Period.

The problem with

Originally posted by RobertHoover

using words like Never is that there are always extenduating circumstances. I'm not saying this is one of them but obviously DR is a passionate individual and Passion can cut both ways. Love and Jealousy. I for one don't condone his actions, but when I put myself in his place, I can UNDERSTAND them. Lets not be so quick to judge and form a lynch mob. IMO.

No lynch mob, let the legal system do its thing and when thats done I'm sure the NFL and the Fish will deal with him.

But you can still never hit a woman, plain and simple.

Come on fellas, you've got to be kidding me! Let me tell ya, theres always a reason to hit anybody! It may not be the politically correct thing to do, but hell, this is not politics. Its a DOMESTIC situation! Meaning Derrick is LAW in his own relationship(as long as he can deal with ramifications of carrying out law)! All this "never a reason to hit a woman" bullchips is why the country is in shambles now. No one thinks they should have consequences and repercussions for their actions! Derricks wife presumably knows Derrick, and should never have been out in public with another guy, knowing that her HUSBAND is so passionate towards her, as evidenced by him embarrassing himself with that poem in front of his teammates! Now all you get rid of Derrick people tell me what kind of man puts his heart into anything, and is not ready to die for it(or in this case go to jail for it), oh you dont know............. a coward! DERRICK ROGERS showed his wife(and the dude) just how committed he is, and how much she should be too!

I used to agree with some of you who said Derrick was not assertive enough. Now, Im a Derrick Rogers fan! If the front office gets rid of Rogers for this lone incident as many of you want(unfounded i might add) then they are not as smart as I once thought they were!

P.S. Lets see if some of you "never hit a woman" people feel the same way when your girl makes a fool outta you!

I agree with anyone who says you shouldn't hit a woman. It is a terrible thing to do and anyone who does such is not a real man. That's that.

But as for Derrick's situation ... let's not rush to judgement. If he did hit his wife in a serious manner then he should be held accountable and take whatever he gets. but lets not allow the media to convict this man. I don't know what happened at that restaurant but I do know that more SHOCKING the story the more PRINT it sells. Maybe the man fell over when the chair hit him and wasn't a WWF-esqe move as the story would read. Maybe he kicked his wife's leg in a frustrated and angry but not malicious way?

I wouldn't take everything the media says as gospel (see DG sxituation also with that in mind). Obviously I hope that it is not as bad as the article made it seem cause I like Derrick. But if the article is correct then he needs to take some time out and learn to handle his anger. I just hope this is another case of the over-zealous media trying to get a "scoop"

not sure about the complete story, but my wife has lunch w/men from work occasionally and if I saw her at lunch alone w/a guy I would certainly ask who he was if I did not know him, but that w/b the end of it. If DR's wife we holding hands or kissing the guys, then he certainly has a right to plead temporary insanity or the like for hitting the guy, but how can you justify and 230 lbs man (or even a 180 lb like me) hitting a 110-130 pound women unless it is in self-defense :confused:

You dont justify it. Thats why its called a DOMESTIC dispute! None of us had anything to do with those wedding vows! None of us have anything to say about the way another man runs his household!

And byetheway, any man who doesnt stand up for what he believes in is not a man, and thats that!

ho' beatin' mo-fo....................

oh puleeeez guys! if that dirt bag filthy gangster ray lewis and his prison boy posse can knife 2 people to death and then play in superbowls and pro bowls, i think d.r. will be just fine.

as was stated before, he has been a model since joining miami as a rookie. has always been a straight up citizen for that matter.

something tells me there has been a bit of an ongoing problem behind the scenes. this wasn't just an isolated incident. maybe he has had suspicion about these two before. maybe even caught them in something. that could have led to the bizarre emotional love speach to her at the awards banquet.

this was bad enough, but the resisting arrest deal is going to be the kicker.

he will be playing this year, but will his head and heart be in it? he isn't L/t, it's not like he can have a few distractions and not mess his game. dude plays on marginal talent, he needs to be 100% every game.

:monkey: on derrick rogers ho"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom