D. Rodgers Arrested!!!...More Problems. (merged) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

D. Rodgers Arrested!!!...More Problems. (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is an annual Fin event from the Sun:

Rodgers is the third Dolphins player arrested in the past three seasons in the time period between the team's final offseason mini-camp and the start of training camp.

Cornerbacks Patrick Surtain (2000) and Ben Kelly (2001) both were arrested on drunk driving charges.

Plain and Simple

Originally posted by RobertHoover
No lynch mob, let the legal system do its thing and when thats done I'm sure the NFL and the Fish will deal with him.

But you can still never hit a woman, plain and simple. [/B

Much like your reasoning.

Hitting a woman.

Reason#1. She is drunk or sober and sees you having a innocent coversation with another woman. So she comes after you with a bat,knife or barefisted. What do you do? What would your idol Richard Simmions tell you to do? I'll tell ya what I would do, KNOCK THE ****Z OUT HER. Plain and simple.

Reason#2. You get home late after one of your PETA meetings and find your wife on her knees giving pleasure to a man, you know a mans man, one who likes or is like Charles Bronson, Clint Eastwood and Sean Connerey. What do you do? See above. Plain and simple.

The list could go on and on. Do you still want to say NEVER?

#1. Restrain her so she can't hit me. Done

#2. Kick the hell out of the guy, get her out of my house. Done

If you are so insecure that you have to fight women you have a serious problem. Go home tonight and beat the hell out of your mom, I'm sure that will make you feel like a big man. Just make sure you put a shirt on before the cops come, I'd hate to see your gut on C*O*P*S saturday night.

Last edited by a moderator:
FACT: Nobody knows Rodgers well personally here.
FACT: Nobody knows Mrs. odgers personally well here.
FACT: Nobody knows what REALLY happened, anybody here an eye witness?
FACT: Nobody knows the personal relationship between Mr. and Mrs. Rodgers.

Please chill out everybody.

DR is going nowhere, and no way in hell does Galyon take his spot in thre lineup. This whole thread is based on assumption and personal opinion. It is the longest, most ridiculous thread I have ever had the misery of reading through.

Is it right to hit a woman? No, not in my opinion. Does it happen? yes.

For everybody who thinks "oh he definately has to get cut..." or "he will be distracted by all these off field distractions..." blah blah please stop the insanity NOW!!!!

YOU DON'T KNOW HOW HE WILL HANDLE THE SITUATION. Please stop commenting on it like you know the dude.

That is all.....this thread is brutal.

Hoover,

Why would you kick the guys ass? She's the one betraying you. I'm not saying you kick her ass but if you don't know the guy than you shouldn't mix it up with him.

Rodgers never should have hit the guy in the head with the chair. Hitting his wife? Not good either but she was the one stabbing him in the back.

Yeah Right

#1. Restrain her so she can't hit me. Done

#2. Kick the hell out of the guy, get her out of my house. Done

If you are so insecure that you have to fight women you have a serious problem. Go home tonight and beat the hell out of your mom, I'm sure that will make you feel like a big man. Just make sure you put a shirt on before the cops come, I'd hate to see your gut on C*O*P*S saturday night.

1. Here is the flaw in that. You could be injured or killed trying to do what you perceive to be the honorable or pc thing. Screw that she gets what she gets.

2. Why the guy? Maybe he was under the impression she was single or had an open marriage. The point is she has the most info about your relationship then he does, not that he is completely innocent but she is primary he is secondary.

What are you some kind of a girlie man? I bet when you are around women [if ever] you play the ''Hey look at me I'm the sensitive type I feel your pain'' card, just to try and get laid. It does'nt work does it?:lol:

Originally posted by mee
I agree with anyone who says you shouldn't hit a woman. It is a terrible thing to do and anyone who does such is not a real man. That's that.

But as for Derrick's situation ... let's not rush to judgement. If he did hit his wife in a serious manner then he should be held accountable and take whatever he gets. but lets not allow the media to convict this man. I don't know what happened at that restaurant but I do know that more SHOCKING the story the more PRINT it sells. Maybe the man fell over when the chair hit him and wasn't a WWF-esqe move as the story would read. Maybe he kicked his wife's leg in a frustrated and angry but not malicious way?

I wouldn't take everything the media says as gospel (see DG sxituation also with that in mind). Obviously I hope that it is not as bad as the article made it seem cause I like Derrick. But if the article is correct then he needs to take some time out and learn to handle his anger. I just hope this is another case of the over-zealous media trying to get a "scoop"

Never hit a woman... or I'll hit you... you might kick my ass, but if I see ya wailin on a woman... I'm takin my shot at you...
As far as being "domestic" ... it stopped being a "domestic dispute" when it ocurred in a PUBLIC place... it then became ASSAULT and BATTERY.

That said...

I also agree with not going strictly on the basis of ONE article. Have charges been filed? Does anyone know? The artcle reads that the guy was "standing up" ... was it in a way that made DR think he was coming at him? I don't know... do you?
Did he really punch his wife? and really kick her? or was he trying to get her out of his way?
The point is nobody knows anything yet!!! If he did exactly what they say... he should do time, in which case, he's obviously off the team... if it was blown out of proportion by this single reporter (as the media tends to do... like someone else said...that's what sells papers), then hopefully, the real truth will surface.
Before we go forming a posse to catch and hang him, let's wait and find out what happened....

You don't know me Den but I'm getting a pretty good picture of you. Wake up fella, slapping around a woman is wrong. If you can't admit that you have a serious problem.

You don't know me Den but I'm getting a pretty good picture of you. Wake up fella, slapping around a woman is wrong. If you can't admit that you have a serious problem.

With that particular statement... I completely agree...
Any "man" who beats on a woman should be put into a ring with a guy 3 times his strength, speed, and fighting ability to get knocked around repeatedly...
Then ask him if he still feels like a "man"

I don't think you get it.

Go back and reread my post. I never said I condone violence against women. I said never say never because there can always be extenduating circumstances and I could UNDERSTAND it happening. Funny how you want to put words in my mouth insted of re enforcing your argument.:evil:

Re: Plain and Simple

Originally posted by Den54

I'll tell ya what I would do, KNOCK THE ****Z OUT HER. Plain and simple.

What does that say, did I write that for you?

I have'nt seen

Originally posted by WharfRat

With that particular statement... I completely agree...
Any "man" who beats on a woman should be put into a ring with a guy 3 times his strength, speed, and fighting ability to get knocked around repeatedly...
Then ask him if he still feels like a "man"

anyone here condoning violence against women in an effort to feel like a man. I make it a habit to not take crap from anyone male or female. I don't discriminate inregards to gender, if a woman takes a swing at me she gets what she gets.and most likely it will be just a bitsh slap. But thats the chance she takes if she steps up to the plate. THATS THE BOTTOM LINE.

Dude...

Whatever makes you feel better about yourself...

Personally, I'd either try to block the shot, or take it and walk away... but if it makes you feel good about yourself to hit a woman for any reason just make sure I never see you doing it....

That's my "bottom line".

Re: Re: Plain and Simple

What does that say, did I write that for you?

It says she got what she deserved.
We already know what you would do crawl up into a fetal position and seek answers for your SHORT comings

OHHHH A CYBER THREAT

Originally posted by WharfRat
Dude...

Whatever makes you feel better about yourself...

Personally, I'd either try to block the shot, or take it and walk away... but if it makes you feel good about yourself to hit a woman for any reason just make sure I never see you doing it....

That's my "bottom line".

I'm so scared.:evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom