Daboll to NYG? | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Daboll to NYG?

Wonder why we didn't do our 2nd interview with Moore and Daboll this week. And then McDaniel's 2nd interview after the 49ers were eliminated. I don't think the 3 were on equal footing.

Daboll coached OC in Miami before when Ross & Grier were both here, coached Tua at Bama before that, and already interviewed for the HC at their invitation.

If they need a second interview before offering the man a job then I’d tell them good luck with the HC search too if I was Daboll!
....Wat? Who the hell hires anyone after one interview?

This is interesting... was Daboll our #1 choice but he bailed to NYG because of not having full control of the coaching staff? Or were McDaniel/Moore the true front runners all along?

This is interesting... was Daboll our #1 choice but he bailed to NYG because of not having full control of the coaching staff? Or were McDaniel/Moore the true front runners all along?
Because the dolphins never made him an offer but the Giants did so he wasn’t going to wait for the dolphins next week.

Because the dolphins never made him an offer but the Giants did so he wasn’t going to wait for the dolphins next week.

I really think it's more to do with the area and maybe preferring the division along with their GM hire.

If I'm a guy who's considered one of the better candidates I'm not picking my job based on what offer comes first. Second chances after failure are rare.

If he wanted the Miami job then he'd wait unless he was specifically told the Giants were going to hire someone else unless he agreed now which would be an unlikely scenario if Daboll was their "1st choice". Daboll wanted the Giants job. He took the Giants job.

2 cents time:

While I want McDaniel as our head coach… And I was never really a Daboll fan….. I believe that Grieretard and Ross ****ed up the Daboll candidacy royally. Let me explain.

It was widely reported that Daboll was our number 1 choice. At worst…He was number 2. If that’s true…Which I really believe it is…Why wouldn’t you move up your interview timeline if you know that the Giants are breathing down your neck?? I mean…..What the **** are those 2 clowns thinking? We’re not talking about an equipment manager position…We’re talking about the face of your ****ing franchise. This, to me, is inexcusable.

Now…..If Daboll was 3 or 4 on your list….OK… see you later Brian. But In reality, after Quinn pulled his name….That left either Daboll or McDaniel as the only guys on your list. And Just to be clear… Moore was never a realistic option in my book. So….Grieretard and Ross just make calls and do the 2nd interview by phone or Zoom. It shouldn’t be anymore than a 2 hour Zoom call. Instead we are left with only 1 real candidate……

So now you’re down to McDaniel and no one else. Period. Ross had better offer McDaniel a fortune next week…..Because if we now miss out on him…This is a complete disaster.

I shudder to see this website next week Wednesday if we don’t have McDaniel or Harbaugh as our new HC.

I really think it's more to do with the area and maybe preferring the division along with their GM hire.

If I'm a guy who's considered one of the better candidates I'm not picking my job based on what offer comes first. Second chances after failure are rare.
If the dolphins really wanted him he would have been hired imo..what did Miami do all week? Nothing, only announced that second interviews will be scheduled next week. So why the hold up? Incompetence could be at play for sure because you can’t really trust these guys to make the best decisions(Ross and Grier)..Maybe some people in the organization were split on Daboll.

If the dolphins really wanted him he would have been hired imo..what did Miami do all week? Nothing, only announced that second interviews will be scheduled next week. So why the hold up? Incompetence could be at play for sure because you can’t really trust these guys to make the best decisions(Ross and Grier)..Maybe some people in the organization were split on Daboll.
Interesting that because McDaniel couldn't do a 2nd interview until at least next week, that we didn't do any 2nd interviews. Seems to me, that means McDaniel is their #1 and the other 2 are fallbacks. Guess they aren't concerned with losing McDaniel since he doesn't seem to be high on other lists. Optimistically, I'm hoping that he is pretty certain he's getting the Miami job and hasn't shown interest elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom