Daboll to NYG? | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Daboll to NYG?

some are not gonna want to hear this but this speaks volumes about a coach not wanting to work with Ross/Grier/Tua. if you had one of those 3 positions being a star, Daboll aint taking that NYG job (not that im crying about it). Especially QB-nothing makes a coach's job safer than a star at that position.
We didn't offer Daboll the job. I believe that McDaniel is the one they want unless Harbaugh or Pederson happen. It doesn't speak volumes about anything except that Daboll wanted to get situated with a Head Coaching job and he took the one that was offered. Nowhere did I see where this was offered and turned down. The Giant's QB needs a ton of help. I don't think Daniel Jones is very good. Daboll has a lot of work to do in New York.

I'm happy with no Daboll. Allen to Tua is just a massive downgrade from an ability standpoint. Daboll was never any good before Allen.

McDaniels is a better fit. He's better suit
I do not know if McDaniel is a better fit
He could have took another job if he believed Daniel Jones sucks.
He could if he wanted to but he probably took the job to be closer to family

I'm happy with no Daboll. Allen to Tua is just a massive downgrade from an ability standpoint. Daboll was never any good before Allen.

McDaniels is a better fit. He's better suited for dealing with a limited non-mobile QB. If they don't get McDaniels though, that's when it gets pretty ugly.
I really hope your right brotha

I really hope your right brotha
I mean McDaniels could be a complete disaster. Don't get me wrong. He's inexperienced and hasn't called plays. We've seen this too many times.

However, I think he comes from one of the better coaching trees. Seems to be smart at designing plays. So if we are going the 1st time head coach route, he'd be my choice.

We interviewed offensive assistants and experienced former defensive head coaches. Have to think they tried to talk to offensive former HCs. Guess they weren't interested. I think I saw Caldwell turned down an interview. Have to think the other 2 were at least contacted. Pretty obvious that they ranked offensive minded as 1st priority and experienced as 2nd priority. Can't really argue with the process, assuming we land McDaniel.

i hate everything ugh GIF

We didn't offer Daboll the job. I believe that McDaniel is the one they want unless Harbaugh or Pederson happen. It doesn't speak volumes about anything except that Daboll wanted to get situated with a Head Coaching job and he took the one that was offered. Nowhere did I see where this was offered and turned down. The Giant's QB needs a ton of help. I don't think Daniel Jones is very good. Daboll has a lot of work to do in New York.
scroll up a little bit if you wanna see the report on us offering Daboll the job (according to that reporter)

The Giants offered him the job, he would be nuts to say no. Figure the Giants said we want you, but no guarantee the offer
will still be there next week. I would take it instead of waiting to see if the Dolphins would offer it, even if Miami was 1st choice.
For him, it gets him out of the AFC East, away from Buffalo, to a weaker division.
Guess is the Dolphins really like McDaniel, but have to wait until after this weeks games to talk again. Daboll may have been fall back
in case McDaniel messes up or says no. Can't blame Daboll not waiting.
You got it. It's common sense. Daboll had good reasons to want NY and he had good reasons to want Miami. Which one he preferred is irrelevant because what was on the table was a HC offer from NY and a 2nd interview offer from Miami. Miami's been very slow at doing 2nd interviews, indicating probably that McDaniel is the favorite. So easy choice for Daboll.

To those saying Daboll chose Jones over Tua, please stop trolling. If QB were the most important factor about a HC job, everyone would be dying to go to Jacksonville.

Losing Daboll and Dorsey would be awful for the Bills. Losing Daboll alone isn't that big of a deal since they have an inhouse candidate ready to replace. But man, Buffalo needs to pony up the money here and keep Dorsey in house.

1, No, its not a weird thing to make up. People make up fake sources all the time. Literally all the time. Posters, reporters, everyone.

2. Your "information" directly contradicts information available to VIP members, so you can understand people's doubts. Then you combine the bare bones logic of... "They just announced a second interview so why would they do that if they were offering him the job?" part. But alas. Its always a he said he said. Who knows! Time will tell ultimately :)

I can understand its frustrating to bring information and have people be rude about it. I brought the new uniforms for this forum as well as Brady info and got **** on for it.

Thanks for the information!

Allow me to assure you that if we make something up, it’s gonna involve cool #### like aliens.

You don’t have to trust me on that one - but it’s still the truth.

Back
Top Bottom