Dalvin Cook working out in Miami?? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dalvin Cook working out in Miami??

I dont think it was that long ago. But whatever.

Do we know what we wants to be paid?

Hes owed 11 million in 23' and has refused to take a pay cut. The Vikings have yet to release him, but have reportedly said they want to send him somewhere where he wants to go.

This is my issue, aside from the money that we don't have to pay him, hes also another injury prone player. He's great when healthy don't get me wrong but we would be putting our selves in even more of a cap hell in 24 if we traded for him. Also we would likley lose a some sort of draft capital.

I just don't see how he fits into our cap situation.
Well between the other two injury prone RBs and Achane, we have two healthy RBs!! Lmao

Achne highlights has me excited to watch him in a Dolphins uniform.Cook would be nice but I want to see Achne

Regardless of his YPC at 4.4 (which isn't bad) - Cook can house it - as he did against us, and he will damage you if you do not get him on the turf.

Cook/Mostert/Wilson/Achane

Adios Gaskin.

Adios Ahmed (or exchange him for Wilson's spot as I really like Ahmed).

Regardless of his YPC at 4.4 (which isn't bad) - Cook can house it - as he did against us, and he will damage you if you do not get him on the turf.

Cook/Mostert/Wilson/Achane

Adios Gaskin.

Adios Ahmed (or exchange him for Wilson's spot as I really like Ahmed).
100%. People are also underestimating his receiving ability as a major draw.

Both Cook and Achane can line up in the slot or out wide just as easily as at RB. They’re really good receivers. If we have both on our team, we are going to see a lot of snaps with both guys on the field. Those two plus Hill and Waddle means we would have four guys who can line up basically anywhere, beat basically anyone, and take it to the house if they get the ball in space.

I genuinely don’t know how any defense could cover all four of them at the same time without just conceding the box and staying in a dime base package. Are you really going to risk a linebacker on Achane or Cook out of the slot? Or leave three of the four one-on-one without safety help? You’d need 6 DBs on the field to have any hope.

Just imagine him in the backfield. To slow him down, you need to stack 8 in the box. Now you have the flexibility of using Mostert more in the passing game. The defense then needs to with three men, cover Waddle, Hill, Mostert, and whoever else we have out there. It's just one more way of wearing down the defense with multiple styles of weaponry.
Two things I can't believe.
1. That I agree with you
2. That some people on this forum don't want cook here

As for me, I'm sick of taking chances on injury riddled players. We've been doing this for far too long and it's backfired on us too many times.

Cook is better than every RB on this team.
We don't know about Achane. However he looks like a change of pace guy for now.
Besides $ , what is your reasoning for not wanting him on this team?

Two things I can't believe.
1. That I agree with you
2. That some people on this forum don't want cook here

Look At Us Paul Rudd GIF

Back
Top Bottom