Dalvin Cook working out in Miami?? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dalvin Cook working out in Miami??

As for me, I'm sick of taking chances on injury riddled players. We've been doing this for far too long and it's backfired on us too many times.
Sure. Let’s go get the unnamed player no one’s heard of.

Last edited:
Sure. Let’s go get the unnamed player no one’s heard of.
Trying to discredit an opposing argument by throwing out an exaggerated statement is completely ridiculous. Because I don't like the idea of taking another chance on an injury riddled player, doesn't mean the option is to grab an "unnamed" player.?

There's the option to keep who we have. It's far from a terrible running back committee.

There's also "named" players that don't have a history of injuries, the organization can look at. Did any of us know just a couple days before we got Tyreek Hill that he would be available?

Last edited:
Anyone that doesn't think Cook instantly becomes the best RB in our room needs to sober up. But yeah, there's cost and future cap implications.

Then again, I think Cook could make a tremendous amount of money doing commercials.
The Dolphin players really don’t get a lot of commercial opportunities in South Florida. If he is looking for commercials to supplement his income, he should sign with a team that doesn’t have 3 other professional Sports teams in the city he signs with.

The Dolphin players really don’t get a lot of commercial opportunities in South Florida. If he is looking for commercials to supplement his income, he should sign with a team that doesn’t have 3 other professional Sports teams in the city he signs with.
Is that because of their lack of success over the past 20 years? I get the Heat but the Marlins and Cats can't be considered major competition.

Hell I just checked Ticketmaster 10 minutes ago and there were still plenty of tickets left for tonights ECF game.

Trying to discredit an opposing argument by throwing out an exaggerated statement is completely ridiculous. Because I don't like the idea of taking another chance on an injury riddled player, doesn't mean the option is to grab an "unnamed" player.?

There's the option to keep who we have. It's far from a terrible running back committee.

There's also "named" players that don't have a history of injuries, the organization can look at. Did any of us know just a couple days before we got Tyreek Hill that he would be available?
Sure. Go find me the RB that has proved they can do what Cook has done without an injury that's available. He just had the shoulder surgery he's been putting off so he should be ready to go from all reports.

It's just shooting an argument in the head for the sake of doing it. We do not have a great RB room. We have a decent RB room. If you get Cook, you have a great RB room. But let's keep hearing from people like you who just want to settle. To you, having a "far from terrible" RB room is enough which to me is also completely ridiculous.

Another reason for the desire of Cook is that Tua gets hurt a lot. He's incredible when he's in there but when he's out, we looked bad with Skylar and Teddy. Having a RB room with Cook gives our offense another way to win should Tua get injured. He as the lead runner can pose enough of a threat to allow White to still win some games. Additionally, with Cook in, you can flex out Mostert and Achane to the passing game.

Last edited:
Sure. Go find me the RB that has proved they can do what Cook has done without an injury that's available. He just had the shoulder surgery he;s been putting off so he should be ready to go from all reports.

It's just shooting an argument in the head for the sake of doing it. We do not have a great RB room. We have a decent RB room. If you get Cook, you have a great RB room. But let's keep hearing from people like you just want to settle. To you, having a "far from terrible" RB room is enough which to me is also completely ridiculous.

Another reason for the desire of Cook is that Tua gets hurt a lot. He's incredible when he's in there but when he's out, we looked bad with Skylar and Teddy. Having a RB room with Cook gives our offense another way to win should Tua get injured. He as the lead runner can pose enough of a threat to allow White to still win some games. Additionally, with Cook in, you can flex out Mostert and Achane to the passing game.
Agree with every word of this.

I don’t understand people who are so reluctant to improve on our RB room. Mostert is a 31 year old journeyman who’s started more than 8 games once in his entire career. Jeff Wilson was undrafted, will turn 28 this season, and has never started more than 3 games in a season or run for more than 600 yards in a season.

We re-signed both players for barely more than the veteran minimum because nobody else wants them.

I am extremely high on Achane, but he’s a 190 pound rookie and we’re looking to compete for a Super Bowl right now.

Our RB room is the worst position group on the team except for tight end (which is a part time position in this offense). Dalvin Cook is in his prime and has made four consecutive Pro Bowls. He turns one of our greatest weaknesses into one of the strongest RB groups in the NFL.

I genuinely don’t understand how bringing Cook in is controversial.

I don’t understand people who are so reluctant to improve on our RB room. Mostert is a 31 year old journeyman who’s started more than 8 games once in his entire career. Jeff Wilson was undrafted, will turn 28 this season, and has never started more than 3 games in a season or run for more than 600 yards in a season.

We re-signed both players for barely more than the veteran minimum because nobody else wants them.

I am extremely high on Achane, but he’s a 190 pound rookie and we’re looking to compete for a Super Bowl right now.

Our RB room is the worst position group on the team except for tight end (which is a part time position in this offense). Dalvin Cook is in his prime and has made four consecutive Pro Bowls. He turns one of our greatest weaknesses into one of the strongest RB groups in the NFL.

It's only "controversial" to those who just detest change. They think every cap dollar saved is some triumph. They are basically the football fan version of your WW2 era parent or grandparent. The one that reuses their aluminum foil and empties the sweetener organizer at Cracker Barrel. They often have an entire cabinet of used to go boxes from restaurants that they hand washed and dried lovingly. When they aren't doing those things they are gluing their jigsaw puzzles together and telling friends it's art.

In all seriousness, some people need us to go through maximum adversity. To them, going and getting Dalvin Cook is akin to cheating. Just like playing the Chiefs in Germany is. They need us to find a no one, have him turn into a superstar who plays for a cuban sandwich and a cafecito and have him standing among the aqua and orange confetti with the Lombardi. If we can't do that, we don't deserve good things according to them. Now, they will later in this thread quote this and say that's not the case but if you were a fly on the wall at their house, you would see them nodding in agreement as they read this.

Dalvin Cook is a top RB in the league. Runs like Ricky. Adding him to this team will be a great thing. Just needs to happen next week once the calendar flips.

There’s little doubt Cook, 28, immediately upgrades the room. The tricky part is valuation in the RB market and offering a fair contract. Miami wants flexibility; Cook wants security. So how about:

3YR/$33MM with $10MM guaranteed
- Y1 - $10MM with $6MM guaranteed
- Y2 - $11MM with $3MM guaranteed, $2MM incentives
- Y3 - $12MM with $1MM guaranteed, $3MM incentives

Aaron Jones, 29, recently signed a 2-year contract with GB worth $11.5MM AAV with $8MM guarantee.

Last edited:
There’s little doubt Cook, 28, immediately upgrades the room. The tricky part is valuation in the RB market and offering a fair contract. Miami wants flexibility; Cook wants security. So how about:

- Y1 - $12MM with $1MM guaranteed, $3MM incentives

Aaron Jones, 29, recently signed a 2-year contract with GB worth $11.5MM AAV with $8MM guarantee.
Works for me. Good breakdown.

- Y3 - $12MM with $1MM guaranteed, $3MM incentives

Totally fine with me.

Agreed.

For me, YES, Moster, Achane and Wilson is "good enough"......
But.....
But...
If Tua goes down again
Are we comfortable running those guys 30+times a game to carry the offense?

It's one thing for them to get 20-25 carries in a pass first offense.

But to sit there and say....We got Mostert and Williams and their 4.9 YPC we are going to control this game rushing the ball.... IMO that 4.9 PC will shrink drastically. Big reason they were not dependable on short yardage plays.

I don't think there's much confidence.

However.... You have Cook in the backfield. You KNOW you have a back that can be utilized for that run game in a run first game plan who's 4.4 ypc won't suffer. He can carry the team and load.

Back
Top Bottom