Dalvin Cook working out in Miami?? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dalvin Cook working out in Miami??

If he is released by the Vikings, it all comes down to money. If he is looking to sign one more big contract, I just don’t see that contract being with the Dolphins.

If as I stated earlier, he wants to come home and is willing to sign for quite a bit less money than he could probably get elsewhere, I could see him being a Miami Dolphins next season.

If I was his agent, I would be telling him to take the money because he can always live in Miami during the off season and after he retires in a few years.

As a Dolphin fan, I hope he wants to come back home and is willing to play for less just to be back in Miami.

As Fin-Loco stated, we will probably know next week what he plans on doing.
Why don’t you think the Dolphins should be the high bidder for his services? What contender has a greater need at RB and more available cap space?

On moving the chains yesterday Pat Kirwan brought this up, if your Miami would you trade Mostert and a draft pick for Cook? He said he would. :ffic:

I think it makes more sense to trade Jeff Wilson but I don't think you need to trade either for Cook.

Pat brought up yesterday just how anemic Cleveland's back up RB's are and immediately I thought Wilson makes sense for the Browns.

Why don’t you think the Dolphins should be the high bidder for his services? What contender has a greater need at RB and more available cap space?

I think Cincy makes a ton of sense. Joe Mixon's numbers have declined a lot.

Baltimore might make some sense as well.

But you have to live in Baltimore or Cincinnati......

We see what happens here only a week away now. If nothing happens straight away I suggest he will go to highest bidder

I think Cincy makes a ton of sense. Joe Mixon's numbers have declined a lot.

Baltimore might make some sense as well.

But you have to live in Baltimore or Cincinnati......
Joe Mixon carries a $12.75 million cap hit this year, and $2.75 million of it would remain even if they cut him. Signing Cook would only make sense if they were to cut Mixon. Reworking Mixon’s deal is a lot more likely.

Baltimore makes some sense from a depth chart standpoint, but they will only have about $7 million in cap room after signing their rookie class. They’d need to make a lot of cap saving moves to have anywhere near as much cap space as us. Once Jones comes off our books, we’ll have over $16 million in cap space.

It's only "controversial" to those who just detest change. They think every cap dollar saved is some triumph. They are basically the football fan version of your WW2 era parent or grandparent. The one that reuses their aluminum foil and empties the sweetener organizer at Cracker Barrel. They often have an entire cabinet of used to go boxes from restaurants that they hand washed and dried lovingly. When they aren't doing those things they are gluing their jigsaw puzzles together and telling friends it's art.

In all seriousness, some people need us to go through maximum adversity. To them, going and getting Dalvin Cook is akin to cheating. Just like playing the Chiefs in Germany is. They need us to find a no one, have him turn into a superstar who plays for a cuban sandwich and a cafecito and have him standing among the aqua and orange confetti with the Lombardi. If we can't do that, we don't deserve good things according to them. Now, they will later in this thread quote this and say that's not the case but if you were a fly on the wall at their house, you would see them nodding in agreement as they read this.

Dalvin Cook is a top RB in the league. Runs like Ricky. Adding him to this team will be a great thing. Just needs to happen next week once the calendar flips.
Everyday I see another post of yours that I love. Maybe I was wrong about you. You seem like a guy I could share a dessert with and talk football

Everyday I see another post of yours that I love. Maybe I was wrong about you. You seem like a guy I could share a dessert with and talk football
Thanks dude. Make sure that island's bar is stocked and that the Dolphins cheerleaders have been deserted there after a photo shoot and you've got a deal.

He's a good running back and there's no doubt about it and at the right price he's a must.
🐻
At the right price.....paying any RB a second contract always works out poorly for the team.

Ricky was a special back who carried the entire offense......a truly rare gem at the position.

Maybe, but n reality..... how many years did he provide that production in Miami? 2-3 years?

That would be similar to what would be expected of Cook.

If we get 2- 3 years of similar production from Cook, per his norm.... then wouldn't it be worth it?

I mean it's not like anyone is expecting Cook to sign a 5-7 year deal.

But if we sign Cook, even to a higher deal 9+million a year, for 3 years with an out on the 3rd year etc....

Why would that be a bad thing if he brings that production along for the 2 years.

That signing wouldn't force us to get rid of anyone important, nor would it force us to get rid of anyone most likely we were getting rid of anyway ( think guys like Howard)

So his cap number this year and next, even if we traded for him, IMO won't force Miami to unnecessarily cut anyone of importance.

Sure, we may not be able to sign new guys. We might also have to wait on extensions for others. But other contracts that may have been extended next year, can hold off until his salary is off the books ( think Tua).

We're talking about 2 years here, not a 5 year investment.

So, maybe Fever will school me and show me the error of my ways lol.
But a 2 year investment doesn't worry me, cap wise with the options we have and players most likely coming off the books

Again. Grier did a great job structuring contracts to alleviate the concern. In years we may have cap concerns ( next year) we have an increasing cap as well as huge salaries that can be shed with minimal cap ramifications. Look at our higher capped players. Then look when they can be cut with minimal cap damage. These players like Armstead, Howard etc. Are most likely not expected to be here 4 years from now. That's why the 3 year deals mixed well with the 4+ year contracts

Thanks dude. Make sure that island's bar is stocked and that the Dolphins cheerleaders have been deserted there after a photo shoot and you've got a deal.
Share a Dessert 🍨 not a desert 🏜 but I like your idea better. 🤣

I heard that too, had us a notch below the Bills in their rankings. I believe trading Raheem or anybody else is moot as all signs point to Dalvin being cut. I like listening to those guys but they just really seem like saying anything remotely positive about the Dolphins is a struggle for them. And don't get me started about that fool who constantly calls in masquerading as a Phins fan and saying this team will win four or five games, I get the douche chills every time I hear him.
kirwan is not a fan of Tua.

Back
Top Bottom