Dalvin Cook working out in Miami?? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dalvin Cook working out in Miami??

kirwan is not a fan of Tua.
I think his years with the Jets naturally bias his views. I like listening to him and Jim Miller, but I do think they tend to be pessimistic about the Fins in general...except "Danny Marino". Pat K. seems to have an affection for Marino and constantly calls him Danny.

kirwan is not a fan of Tua.
Yeah, he never misses a chance to take a swipe at Tua, the entire channel has been fairly dismissive of the Phins in general lately. Oh well, it'll just be that much sweeter to hear them eat crow when he's kicking ass this season.

Last edited:
This reminds me of Aaron Jones
There is no doubt in my mind he was Flores's top FA he was after.
Then like an hour before FA starts, GB finally resigns him. Miami didn't get a chance.

Same here. Would hate for June 1st to come and Cook not be cut.

There's no doubt in my mind if cut on the 1st, Cook will be a Phin on the 1st.

But he has to be cut first lol

Sure. Go find me the RB that has proved they can do what Cook has done without an injury that's available. He just had the shoulder surgery he's been putting off so he should be ready to go from all reports.

It's just shooting an argument in the head for the sake of doing it. We do not have a great RB room. We have a decent RB room. If you get Cook, you have a great RB room. But let's keep hearing from people like you who just want to settle. To you, having a "far from terrible" RB room is enough which to me is also completely ridiculous.

Another reason for the desire of Cook is that Tua gets hurt a lot. He's incredible when he's in there but when he's out, we looked bad with Skylar and Teddy. Having a RB room with Cook gives our offense another way to win should Tua get injured. He as the lead runner can pose enough of a threat to allow White to still win some games. Additionally, with Cook in, you can flex out Mostert and Achane to the passing game.
Settle? No. But again, I disagree because spending money on an injury riddled 28-year old player, for a position that is not all that important in this era of football, makes zero sense. ESPECIALLY when we can put that money on much greater needs at other positions which would improve the team to a greater degree. He just doesn't move the needle as much as other options. Agree or not, it's a true analytical analysis.

Settle? No. But again, I disagree because spending money on an injury riddled 28-year old player, for a position that is not all that important in this era of football, makes zero sense. ESPECIALLY when we can put that money on much greater needs at other positions which would improve the team to a greater degree. He just doesn't move the needle as much as other options. Agree or not, it's a true analytical analysis.
Riddled? He had a shoulder injury. Quit with the hyperbole. Just stop.

Im not sure why everyone thinks this happens on June 1st.

Afaik, June 1st is a starting point, not a deadline.

What is the date he has to be cut by?

I don't see why anyone would freak out about that tweet. I like our RB room. Cook would make it better, but it's not a need. It's a chance to add a premier talent for a couple of seasons. If it happens, great. If it doesn't, still great.
couldn't ross just give him a lower salary and a large bonus to make up the difference in his yearly income?

something like 3 mill a year with a 10 million dollar signing bonus?

Back
Top Bottom