Dalvin Cook working out in Miami?? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dalvin Cook working out in Miami??

I like Cook, don't get me wrong but I see him as a RB that piddles around for the most part then breaks a big run. Henry is a game changer IMO. Someone opposing Ds have to plan and account for.
I love Henry but the Titans have shown no interest recently in trading him. Cook on the other hand will likely be a free agent after June 1st.

I don’t think Cook will end up in Miami because of the money it would take to sign him but at this time he appears to be the only top tier RB that will be available in the near future.

It appears the Titans are going to go with Tannehill at QB next season. That means they are going to wait at least one more year before going into rebuilding mode. So I don’t see Henry being available until at least after the 2023 season and he will be 30 years old during the 2024 season.

Very few RB’s have been able to play at the same level they did in their 20’s once they enter their 30’s. Henry might end up being the exception but Cook is two years younger and will likely be an effective runner longer than Henry at this stage of their careers.

I love Henry but the Titans have shown no interest recently in trading him. Cook on the other hand will likely be a free agent after June 1st.

I don’t think Cook will end up in Miami because of the money it would take to sign him but at this time he appears to be the only top tier RB that will be available in the near future.

It appears the Titans are going to go with Tannehill at QB next season. That means they are going to wait at least one more year before going into rebuilding mode. So I don’t see Henry being available until at least after the 2023 season and he will be 30 years old during the 2024 season.

Very few RB’s have been able to play at the same level they did in their 20’s once they enter their 30’s. Henry might end up being the exception but Cook is two years younger and will likely be an effective runner longer than Henry at this stage of their careers.

I would not trust either Cook or Henry much beyond 2023. Definitely not past 2024.

When that dropoff comes, it does not come gradually. Both Cook and Henry have a lot of mileage on those legs. Remember, Todd Gurley is still only 28.

Well, here is what ChatGPT thinks on the topic:

"
  1. Dalvin Cook's Impact on the Offense:
    • Versatility and Production: Dalvin Cook is known for his versatility and productivity as a running back. He has demonstrated the ability to excel both as a runner and a receiver out of the backfield. Cook's addition to the Miami Dolphins would provide them with a dynamic playmaker who can contribute significantly to their offensive production.
    • Running Game Enhancement: Cook's exceptional vision, agility, and burst make him a threat in the running game. He can effectively exploit running lanes, break tackles, and create big plays on the ground. With Cook in the backfield, the Dolphins' rushing attack would receive a considerable boost, opening up opportunities for both the passing game and the play-action passing plays.
    • Reliable Receiver: Cook's skills as a receiver out of the backfield would provide an additional weapon for the Dolphins' passing game. He is proficient in running routes, catching passes, and making plays in space. His ability to catch passes would give the Dolphins' quarterback a reliable check-down option and a potential mismatch against linebackers in coverage.
  2. Impact on Mostert in the Passing Game:
    • Decreased Defensive Focus: The presence of Dalvin Cook in the Dolphins' offense would command attention from opposing defenses. Defenses would have to account for Cook's running ability, receiving skills, and big-play potential. This could potentially alleviate some defensive focus on other offensive weapons, including Mostert, creating more favorable matchups and opportunities for Mostert in the passing game.
    • Play-Action Opportunities: Cook's effectiveness in the running game would open up play-action opportunities for the Dolphins. With defenses keying in on Cook, the play-action passes would become more effective, creating space for Mostert to exploit as a receiver. Defenses would be forced to respect Cook's running threat, potentially creating mismatches or open spaces for Mostert to capitalize on in the passing game."

I would not trust either Cook or Henry much beyond 2023. Definitely not past 2024.

When that dropoff comes, it does not come gradually. Both Cook and Henry have a lot of mileage on those legs. Remember, Todd Gurley is still only 28.
As I have stated, I think Cook will end up signing where he can get the most money. I agree that I wouldn’t sign him for more than 2 years at most.

I suspect that if a team signs him to a contract longer than 2 years, the contract will be front loaded and they will have an easy out after two years.

I thought he wanted to be the highest paid RB in the league? Did that rumor just disappear?

That does tend to happen with rumors from three years ago.
I dont think it was that long ago. But whatever.

Do we know what we wants to be paid?

Hes owed 11 million in 23' and has refused to take a pay cut. The Vikings have yet to release him, but have reportedly said they want to send him somewhere where he wants to go.

This is my issue, aside from the money that we don't have to pay him, hes also another injury prone player. He's great when healthy don't get me wrong but we would be putting our selves in even more of a cap hell in 24 if we traded for him. Also we would likley lose a some sort of draft capital.

I just don't see how he fits into our cap situation.

I dont think it was that long ago. But whatever.

Do we know what we wants to be paid?

Hes owed 11 million in 23' and has refused to take a pay cut. The Vikings have yet to release him, but have reportedly said they want to send him somewhere where he wants to go.

This is my issue, aside from the money that we don't have to pay him, hes also another injury prone player. He's great when healthy don't get me wrong but we would be putting our selves in even more of a cap hell in 24 if we traded for him. Also we would likley lose a some sort of draft capital.

I just don't see how he fits into our cap situation.

It was June of 2020.

Dalvin Cook has missed an average of two games per season since 2019. In fact, there is only ONE RB in the entire NFL who has played more games and rushed for more yards than Dalvin Cook. That is Nick Chubb.

I don’t know how much money Cook wants now.

It was June of 2020.

Dalvin Cook has missed an average of two games per season since 2019. In fact, there is only ONE RB in the entire NFL who has played more games and rushed for more yards than Dalvin Cook. That is Nick Chubb.

I don’t know how much money Cook wants now.
Post june 1st, we will get 13 mill from cutting Jones, we have 2 mill now.

I mean in theory we do have the money for him at 11 million.

Maybe it's not as big of a pipe dream as I thought. F*** it we might as well go all in for next year and hope everyone stays healthy. We should win a superbowl if that's the case.

Back
Top Bottom