Damm it... Say what u want, but Paxton Lynch to Miami this coming year make it happen | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Damm it... Say what u want, but Paxton Lynch to Miami this coming year make it happen

Guys, guys, guys. We need to draft a qb in every round this year. That way we can draft a Russel Wilson in the mid rounds, Tom Brady in the late rounds, and Lynch aka best qb ever, in the first round. Because we literally have no other holes on our team. I bet if Paxton lynch played alongside Jason Fox, he would make Fox better, and teach him how to block. Also, he makes the defense better because science.

AS much as I don't think Tanny is the man to take us anywhere, we are stuck with him because of the ridiculous contract they gave. We have no option but to build a team around him and hope he develops or at least work around his deficiencies to minimise their impact on our performances. The other alternative is to just write off these next 2 or 3 years, and look to rebuild this roster, the problem with that of course is we are also writing off the best years for other highly paid player.

I'm all for drafting a QB to develop and hopefully build around but we just can't afford to do that in round 1 unless we give up on these next few years.

One thing for sure though that will be interesting is if the new head coach wants to tie himself to Tanny, I do hope whomever they chose they do not make it a priority to pick someone who is willing to work with the QB and make it a priority to stick with him and develop him.

AS much as I don't think Tanny is the man to take us anywhere, we are stuck with him because of the ridiculous contract they gave. We have no option but to build a team around him and hope he develops or at least work around his deficiencies to minimise their impact on our performances. The other alternative is to just write off these next 2 or 3 years, and look to rebuild this roster, he problem with that of course is we are also writing off the best years for other highly paid player.

I'm all for drafting a QB to develop and hopefully build around but we just can't afford to do that in round 1 unless we give up on these next few years.

I don't agree with your "Stuck with RT" comment.....but otherwise your rationale is very sound. Nothing wrong with drafting or signing a developmental guy in a later round and providing some competition at the QB position. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Our early and mid picks need to be playmakers on defense and the O-line....

Edit: I'm also warming up to the idea that we need to change this offense

I like Paxton Lynch and his name has come up in the FH Draft Forum, but I don't see us taking a QB in round one, so I just don't see him on the Phins. We have huge needs on the O-line, and at the CB, LB and DE positions. I think if we draft a QB in 2016, it will be between the third and fifth round. Someone to replace Matt Moore.

here's the way: (for 2016) draft Lynch, demote RT, cut Moore, keep Thomas... the FO staff ain't gonna be here

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Passing on a legit QB to draft a OL for RT is beyond stupid. No lineman in the world is more valuable than a QB better than RT. This roster isn't going anywhere in the next couple of years.

Before you come talking smack, this is a true QB. Not a WR converted QB with a huge learning curve and a massive contract and at best an 8-8 record. In just one highlight reel midseason of the 2015 year how many deep throws do you count... The kid is legit... Draft him, sign him to rookie contract and build with a true QB standing at 6-7 245 pds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txF-8e1p48g

Let the hate and smack talking begin and excuse to keep tannehill begin.

The football IQ in this thread is so astonishingly low. I thought Cowboys fans were bad, but some of you...wow.

Edit...

Passing on a legit QB to draft a OL for RT is beyond stupid. No lineman in the world is more valuable than a QB better than RT. This roster isn't going anywhere in the next couple of years.

...Case in point

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh...not a fan of Paxton Lynch. I think he's getting hyped up by the media a lot so people are jumping on him but I guess you guys can root for who you want.

I'm pretty sure there were plenty of threads like this for Johnny Manziel a couple of years ago too.

And how exactly is Lynch guaranteed to be better? You know,Manziel was hot sh*t too in college, how well has that worked out exactly?

this thread is just a trolljob in disguise. I mean, EVERY response the OP gives is a shot at RT whether or not RT was mentioned. Amazing that people are sucked in enough to go 7 pages deep.

Our strategy for offensive linemen obviously hasn't worked. I'm not sure I'd trust the current staff to make any great selections for linemen given the last few years. I mean, Albert got a huge contract (often injured), Pouncey got a huge contract (injured sometimes), Ju'Wuan James was a first round pick but is average at best, Dallas Thomas and Billy Turner were third round picks and don't seem to have developed. Jamil Douglas was a fourth round pick and graded out as one of the worst guards in football when he was in. How the **** do we miss on this many players?

It's time we completely change the coaching staff, front office, etc.

Hopefully in the first two rounds, we're able to get a playmaker at either corner, free safety, middle linebacker or defensive end. Hell, if we were able to hit on two of those in this upcoming draft that would be fantastic.

As is, this is a baaaad situation for Paxton. He's not close to being a pro QB yet and will need development. Lazor's offense is a terrible fit for him and this oline would annihilate a developmental qb. Not to mention with Tannehill's contract still freshly signed I can't see a 1st round qb investment coming anytime soon. Paxton's intriguing tho. He has that theoretical toolset which is easy to idealize.

I don't understand this notion that Tannehill can't throw deep. You just saw him throw a Beautiful 40 yarder to Stills from his own end zone. This isn't the first so nobody should be surprised. If you protect Tannehill he can make all the throws

And how exactly is Lynch guaranteed to be better? You know,Manziel was hot sh*t too in college, how well has that worked out exactly?

I haven't even see Lynch play, I am talking general. How is any OL/LB/DB guaranteed to be better? QB is so much more important than any other position. I would rather have the better QB and worse OL, than a good OL and below avg. QB.

The football IQ in this thread is so astonishingly low. I thought Cowboys fans were bad, but some of you...wow.

Edit...

...Case in point

Low IQ is right. Passing on a QB to take an OL is low IQ. Look at DAL with their awesome OL and RT like QB. 0-6

Back
Top Bottom