Damm it... Say what u want, but Paxton Lynch to Miami this coming year make it happen | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Damm it... Say what u want, but Paxton Lynch to Miami this coming year make it happen

He has in the past and will again. Maybe Luck is hurt or just playing bad. RT has never done it.

Shouldn't matter, the guys a god. No mere mortal can harm he great bearded one...

But seriously, you swap Tannehill and Luck, the Colts are still in the playoffs and the Dolphins are still a mess...

As much as I'm all for an upgrade at the QB position Ryan is going to get another year to prove he's the guy. Lets improve the roster and if he isn't the guy the next QB will come into a better situation

Tannehill is not a franchise QB. If he would have been injured at the beginning of the season, Miami's record would not be much worse than it is presently. Tannehill was drafted as a project. Why not actually draft a QB who has actually played the position all through college and been successful at it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Miami passed on franchise QBs before when they drafted Ronnie Brown and later Jake Long. It would be a shame if Lynch was available and Miami passed on him. I know Miami has other needs but those can be addressed in later rounds. Hell if need be, trade Tannehill for additional picks. As the SAS says, " those who dare, win!"

Meh...not a fan of Paxton Lynch. I think he's getting hyped up by the media a lot so people are jumping on him but I guess you guys can root for who you want.

I'm pretty sure there were plenty of threads like this for Johnny Manziel a couple of years ago too.

I'm pretty sure Johnny was 5'11 205. Paxton is 6'7 245 with much better arm talent and overall passing ability. You'd be hard pressed to find a QB with his combination of size, arm talent, and mobility

I'm pretty sure Johnny was 5'11 205. Paxton is 6'7 245 with much better arm talent and overall passing ability. You'd be hard pressed to find a QB with his combination of size, arm talent, and mobility

Talent at the college level is only a hint at what may transfer to the NFL, plenty of great QBs in college with all the right tools that never did anything in the NFL. Nothing is a guarantee...

Nothing is a guarantee, but without taking a chance you never know.... how bad would it suck if we have a chance to draft him and we pass up on him and eventually turns out to be elite..... we will see future threads like..... see we drafted some bum when we could have had lynch.... just like many other threads with other players we passed up on

Nothing is a guarantee, but without taking a chance you never know.... how bad would it suck if we have a chance to draft him and we pass up on him and eventually turns out to be elite..... we will see future threads like..... see we drafted some bum when we could have had lynch.... just like many other threads with other players we passed up on

That would be a tough pill to swallow if we pass on Lynch, he turns out to be elite for the likes of Ryan Tannehill. We know what we have in Ryan Tannehill. A glorified game manager who shines every now and again and looks much better when the running game is clicking (basically ANY starter)

I've been studying Lynch alot as of late. Big kid, rocket for an arm. His feel for the game is much better than Ryan's was coming out college. A man that size should NOT be that mobile, he looks natural running with it. His deep ball is leaps and bounds better than Tannehill's. He has better pocket of awareness and unlike Tannehill he knows how to hurt you with his legs if you turn your back to him...

I have no doubt in my mind that in about two years this kid will surpass Ryan in the QB rankings. I don't want to pass on a chance at this elite prospect for the definition of mediocrity: Ryan Tannehill.

Talent at the college level is only a hint at what may transfer to the NFL, plenty of great QBs in college with all the right tools that never did anything in the NFL. Nothing is a guarantee...

I'm not advocating drafting him or any quarterback.

However, comparing Lynch to Manziel doesn't make sense on a few levels

That would be a tough pill to swallow if we pass on Lynch, he turns out to be elite for the likes of Ryan Tannehill. We know what we have in Ryan Tannehill. A glorified game manager who shines every now and again and looks much better when the running game is clicking (basically ANY starter)

I've been studying Lynch alot as of late. Big kid, rocket for an arm. His feel for the game is much better than Ryan's was coming out college. A man that size should NOT be that mobile, he looks natural running with it. His deep ball is leaps and bounds better than Tannehill's. He has better pocket of awareness and unlike Tannehill he knows how to hurt you with his legs if you turn your back to him...

I have no doubt in my mind that in about two years this kid will surpass Ryan in the QB rankings. I don't want to pass on a chance at this elite prospect for the definition of mediocrity: Ryan Tannehill.

Do we know what we truly have in Tannehill, or just what we truly have in the guys in front of him. Can't effectively judge anyone with this line and their 2 second blocking, if they even block.

The definition of mediocrity is far from Ryan Tannehill I'm sorry to say. The definition of mediocrity would be better suited for an analogy with someone of the likes of Geno Smith or Ej Manuel.

You guys love to just trash one person for the inconsistency of other players. I said it earlier, why can't Luck elevate his team over their struggles? I've been told by everyone on here that he should have raised the team above the coaching, offensive line, and defensive issues because he is just that kind of player. Then when he doesn't, those same people will lay down the excuse of being hurt. I'll tell you something, the Colts are terrible because Luck has made them that way. All the interceptions I have seen Luck throw have been piss poor decisions. I live in Indy and typically watch every game. You watch them play and you will see Luck holding onto the ball for too long (way way longer than Tannehill does) and trying to do way to much. That's what caused all the turnovers. The fact that he is hurt just shows that the offensive line is just as much an issue there as it is here. My question is, why couldn't he elevate his lines play to not allow him to get hurt? Why couldn't he make them play better?

Can't make excuses for one and then crucify the other. Right now in 2015, Ryan Tannehill is a better QB in our system than Luck is in Indy. Hate it if you want, but that's just plain out fact...

We've seen what Luck is capable of in his four years as a starter In Indy and we seen what Ryan isbcapable of. Geno Smith and Ej Manuel are the definition of below average QB. I'd argue that Luck had hadb worse supporting casts in Indy than Ryan had had in Miami

Hey im not saying for tannehill to be a tom brady, but you can have a whole squad that are filled with bums and Brady makes them look like superstars with the exception of Gronk.

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

Tannehill cant make chicken salad out of Chicken Sh*T

Why is it hard to understand that it simply isn't fair or reasonable to expect the QB to be a Tom Brady clone? What Tom Brady has done in his career is "best of all-time" type ****. You can't expect any QB in the league to be able to emulate the success Brady and the Patriots have. It's next to impossible.

Why is it hard to understand that it simply isn't fair or reasonable to expect the QB to be a Tom Brady clone? What Tom Brady has done in his career is "best of all-time" type ****. You can't expect any QB in the league to be able to emulate the success Brady and the Patriots have. It's next to impossible.

Even with that said. Brady and that offense are no where near contenders when Gronk is out. So many people underestimate his importance to that offense. Hes an all world tight end. Probably the best ever when its all said and done.

We've seen what Luck is capable of in his four years as a starter In Indy and we seen what Ryan isbcapable of. Geno Smith and Ej Manuel are the definition of below average QB. I'd argue that Luck had hadb worse supporting casts in Indy than Ryan had had in Miami

I'd disagree. Luck had a good wr in Hilton, a HOF receiver in Wayne, his Stanford oc, his Stanford te in Fleener, a HOF clutch kicker in Vinatieri, along with the fact that he got placed in the AFC South which is rightly dubbed the worst division in all of football...

with the great Zach Taylor as your coach?!!! the sky is the limit I say. ****, what a ****ty organization

Back
Top Bottom