Dan Cambell Volume and Intensity | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dan Cambell Volume and Intensity

Goff played poorly in that SB and wasn’t the same after that. Whatever happened, the change of scenery has helped him. I just don’t know how we can dismiss what Campbell has done. We wish our rebuild had been as successful. That’s the GM too and all that but how many runs at it had they tried and failed - even though they had Stafford etc? What changed? They finally got the HC right and he and the FO built a nice roster.

We all have our opinions.

Mine is that if he missed the game Sunday, it wouldn’t have any impact on the teams performance.

I'm not sure why some people here are attacking Campbell and the Lions.......they're in the NFC championship game which is something we haven’t done in 40 years. I'm actually happy for him and for the Lions.

btw, they played the team that were on their schedule just like we did.......we beat ONE team with a winning record.

I'm not sure why some people here are attacking Campbell and the Lions.......they're in the NFC championship game which is something we haven’t done in 40 years. I'm actually happy for him and for the Lions.

btw, they played the team that were on their schedule just like we did.......we beat ONE team with a winning record.

I am rooting for the guy too.

I am just perplexed on what exactly people think we missed out on by not hiring Campbell to be our HC 7 years ago.

I don't see how he would've lasted more than a year and a half. He's not the next Andy Reid or Bill Belichek.

I am just perplexed on what exactly people think we missed out on by not hiring Campbell to be our HC 7 years ago.

I don't see how he would've lasted more than a year and a half. He's not the next Andy Reid or Bill Belichek.
well, if hiring him then would have meant not having gase and flores here then it'd have been well worth it

I'm a firm believer that today's player doesn't respond any more to an "in your face", hyper emotional type coach than a more down to earth mellow type.
I agree with the "in your face" stuff ... but, the attitude and intensity is a different story ... the leader (coach) sets the tone IMO ... goes after guys with similar traits when possible ... builds his squad in his image ... I would think ... that attitude permeates throughout the team ... in my experience.

You don't have to get into anyone's face to be a fierce competitor ...

A type C personality ....
a more down to earth mellow type.
... isn't likely to play with a type A attitude ... if you don't think that matters, we can agree to disagree.

Actually they’re where they are because they have drafted well for the most part
Yep. Their o-line is fantastic
We all have our opinions.

Mine is that if he missed the game Sunday, it wouldn’t have any impact on the teams performance.
well, I mean, so the team can run itself?

Yep. Their o-line is fantastic

well, I mean, so the team can run itself?

No, Ben Johnson or Aaron Glenn can handle it. I am sure they can both do basic math.

What I couldn’t imagine is Campbell doing either of their jobs.

And Goff has proved who to be correct? McVay?
Goff nearly got benched for David Blough year 1 in Detroit. He was limiting the Rams the prior 2 years by not being able to see the field if there was any kind of pressure, and not being willing to take risks. He's a talented QB but he was definitely damaged goods when the lions got him. A lot of his resurgence is a good line and the offense making things easy for him and getting him comfortable. But building back up his confident was the biggest thing, and Campbell should get a lot of credit for that.

Can't argue with this. Campbell's several more years under Sean Payton probably had something to do with the hc he is now.

Goff nearly got benched for David Blough year 1 in Detroit. He was limiting the Rams the prior 2 years by not being able to see the field if there was any kind of pressure, and not being willing to take risks. He's a talented QB but he was definitely damaged goods when the lions got him. A lot of his resurgence is a good line and the offense making things easy for him and getting him comfortable. But building back up his confident was the biggest thing, and Campbell should get a lot of credit for that.

I am giving Campbell credit but not going overboard by suggesting we missed out on something special by not hiring him.

Can't argue with this. Campbell's several more years under Sean Payton probably had something to do with the hc he is now.

What would he have learned Payton? How to go 7-9 with a HOF QB and keep your job longer than you should’ve?

Back
Top Bottom