Dan Cambell Volume and Intensity | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dan Cambell Volume and Intensity

I'm a firm believer that today's player doesn't respond any more to an "in your face", hyper emotional type coach than a more down to earth mellow type.

Players just have to buy in, regardless of personality. We've seen both personalities work in the NFL.

Campbell's personality inspires a "win or die trying" attitude in his players.

McDaniel's personality inspires a "let's have fun and laugh" attitude in his.

Tremendous difference in the rugged game of pro football. If we were running a Broadway play or a comedy show it might be different.
It seems that way. I don’t think there is a right or wrong way. But IMO, you want to create a healthy competitive environment where players (or employees) are pushed to stretch a little further outside their comfort zone as the norm. I don’t know what we or the Lions have. I just suspect that the best coaches in any profession are better at that than average or bad coaches.

You could easily argue the other two NFC divisions are worse.

The more appropriate answer is the Lions are one game away from the Super Bowl because they don't play in the AFC.

If it wasn't for Brock Purdy looking so terrible last week, I would guess that San Fran wins this game in a blowout
The better QBs are in the AFC. Greenbay really should have won that game. Had that happened, Detroit plays at home and likely goes to the SB. Now SF will likely go. Baltimore is a lot better than anyone left and will win the SB.

The Lions are where they are because they play in a crappy division and conference and Kirk Cousins tore his achilles.
What? That is pure crap. They have as good an offense as anyone left. Their D can be shut down D, and the players love playing for Campbell. Dead wrong on that team!! That being said they could get trounced this weekend!! But my money is on the Lions.

Why, so he could've been let go two years later?

As if everyone is handed Jared Goff and two No.1 Picks to start their rebuild.

Of the three primary coaches in Detroit, Ben Johnson > Aaron Glenn > Dan Campbell.
I don’t know why you keep saying this. Campbell didn’t have to be made HC. A promotion to coordinator of anything would have worked. He could have been groomed here instead of NO.

As for his assistants, I think you’re underestimating the role of the HC. The man is a leader. He played in the NFL for 10 years and had to work harder than everyone else each year just to make the roster. He wasn’t the most talented guy so he needed to outwork people. You don’t think that has carried over into the way he coaches?

Since when is Jared Goff Joe Montana? He’s decent. He’s not elite. He played very poorly in the 13-3 SB and didn’t seem to recover until the change of scenery. He’s played very well for coach Campbell.

We had 3 no 1s in a single draft along w 2 no 2s. We got our QB. Why aren’t we playing for a SB bid? If it was so easy a caveman could do it, it’d be done.

We get it - you don’t like Campbell. That’s fine. But cmon let’s not act like we wouldn’t trade our rebuild for theirs.

They have as good an offense as anyone left. Their D can be shut down D, and the players love playing for Campbell. Dead wrong on that team!! That being said they could get trounced this weekend!! But my money is on the Lions.

They started off beating KC at home so regardless of the division they belong here

I am pulling for them as well

I don’t know why you keep saying this. Campbell didn’t have to be made HC. A promotion to coordinator of anything would have worked. He could have been groomed here instead of NO.

As for his assistants, I think you’re underestimating the role of the HC. The man is a leader. He played in the NFL for 10 years and had to work harder than everyone else each year just to make the roster. He wasn’t the most talented guy so he needed to outwork people. You don’t think that has carried over into the way he coaches?

Since when is Jared Goff Joe Montana? He’s decent. He’s not elite. He played very poorly in the 13-3 SB and didn’t seem to recover until the change of scenery. He’s played very well for coach Campbell.

We had 3 no 1s in a single draft along w 2 no 2s. We got our QB. Why aren’t we playing for a SB bid? If it was so easy a caveman could do it, it’d be done.

We get it - you don’t like Campbell. That’s fine. But cmon let’s not act like we wouldn’t trade our rebuild for theirs.

I would trade OL, TE, OC, DC and GM with Detroit.

Keeping my QB, HC, WRs and overall defense.

I don’t dislike Campbell one bit. I am just perplexed that anyone thinks he would’ve had much impact as the Dolphins HC if he were hired 5 years ago, with no real speciality.

I don’t dislike Campbell one bit. I am just perplexed that anyone thinks he would’ve had much impact as the Dolphins HC if he were hired 5 years ago, with no real speciality.
I agree w you on the trades / keeps.

Apology if this is not directly related to our team, but this speech came from 2 years ago and look where they are now!!

Im wondering if we had these kind of speeches for defense, Tackling and Pursuit. Its friggin missed fundamentals these last few games!!!! Heck even MM and the offense need these kind of talks and not just friendly bonding.

I just watched this - interesting part to me is the going full speed helps w injuries. 🤔

I disagree a bit there. A good coach is a good coach. The players have bought into what he has going on, and from what I have read, love playing for the guy and that is all that matters.

I disagree a bit there. A good coach is a good coach. The players have bought into what he has going on, and from what I have read, love playing for the guy and that is all that matters.
Our guys loved him too. I remember when Ross came into the locker room and the team started chanting for him to keep him on as the HC next year. He’s a leader. We saw all saw it when he was here.

If you need a speech to make you a better football player you never made it to thr NFL anyways.

True to a certain extent. Even the best need to be reinsured and motivated. Every job or trade has these, meetings or speeches as everyone is calling it. Good players have the mindset of always learning and at the same time brushing up the fundamentals.

Back
Top Bottom