Dan Campbell - Not Even On Interview List? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dan Campbell - Not Even On Interview List?

he already was fired once. no need to have to fire him twice.
had attitude similar to guru coach.

Campbell made a bit of a stink on his way out about not being given more time to make the team his own. He was an interim coach who expected to become the permanent coach. That did not win him any friends within the organization, nor with Ross. Nobody is likely to want to invite him back into the office to lash back at them. Just another example of how leaving gracefully is better than mouthing off.

I don't recall that? I thought it was more that he felt like it would be awkward to stick around having been the interim head coach and decided to move on for other opportunities.

In hindsight, I wonder if he just didn't like Adam Gase or Gase didn't like him? They seem like kind of polar opposites in terms of personality and Campbell did know him from previously.

he already was fired once. no need to have to fire him twice.
had attitude similar to guru coach.

In what way? I felt like the two guys were pretty different in terms of attitude toward game prep, at the very least. Gase has apparently run pretty sloppy practices since he's been here, given guys lots of time off, etc. Campbell was the complete opposite, wanted hard nosed practices and guys going for the full allotted time at full speed.

I don't recall that? I thought it was more that he felt like it would be awkward to stick around having been the interim head coach and decided to move on for other opportunities.

In hindsight, I wonder if he just didn't like Adam Gase or Gase didn't like him? They seem like kind of polar opposites in terms of personality and Campbell did know him from previously.

In what way? I felt like the two guys were pretty different in terms of attitude toward game prep, at the very least. Gase has apparently run pretty sloppy practices since he's been here, given guys lots of time off, etc. Campbell was the complete opposite, wanted hard nosed practices and guys going for the full allotted time at full speed.

I think Dan said he had respect for Gase but he didnt want to stay because he didnt want players going behind Gase and going to him to have things changed

He might not even want to come here. He was upset Ross didn't give him the job the last time.

I think Dan said he had respect for Gase but he didnt want to stay because he didnt want players going behind Gase and going to him to have things changed[/QUOTE.

Then I say, "whatever Dan"

I don't find anything strange about it. Why would they?

Well he’s got interviews lined up with the Packers Browns and Cards so obviously
a few teams think he’s worth an interview.

Considering he had history here it would’ve made sense to interview him which is why I think there is definitely something sour there.

Well he’s got interviews lined up with the Packers Browns and Cards so obviously
a few teams think he’s worth an interview.

Considering he had history here it would’ve made sense to interview him which is why I think there is definitely something sour there.
It could be just awkward for both parties. I mean, there is speculation that he stiff-armed Tannenbaum into a locker on his way out the facility.

I seriously hope he gets one of those jobs. I think he’s a strong leader and if he can surround himself w the right coordinators I think he will be successful as a skipper. Plus, he just seems like a good guy that you can both like and respect, play hard for... I still chuckle when I think of the Richard Matthews comment that Philbin delegated speeches for pumping up the team to Campbell - lol

I think Dan said he had respect for Gase but he didnt want to stay because he didnt want players going behind Gase and going to him to have things changed

Starting to wonder if Dan jumped ship for a reason.

There probably was a reason they didn't like him back in 15-16 longterm. If you didn't like him then, why bring him back now?

It appears we might be searching for 2 types of coaches:

1. An Interim coach that will get us through the "suck for Tua" year.
2. A long term coach to take over after we have reloaded the trenches and have our new QB in place.

It might be that we are looking for a stopgap coach which will he hard to sell.

I find it strange that Urban Meyer is not the #1 interview! How is that possible?!? It's mind boggling.
Isn't he retiring because his health can't handle the stress of coaching in college? Not saying he's not highly successful. He's very successful. Just the stress is too much. Pros is much worse. But now he would be dealing with players who don't need him.

I love the kind of team Campbell would build. Like Sparano teams would remember when they played the Miami Dolphins. However, also like Sparano I'm not sure how much of a tactical or intellectual advantage he gives us. Maybe he could assemble a strong staff.

Back
Top Bottom