Dan Campbell - Not Even On Interview List? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dan Campbell - Not Even On Interview List?

I heard that Dan wasn't an "X's and O's" guy. But really, a head coach just needs to be the general of staff. That's why you have coordinators.

He's been learning under Payton in New Orleans.
I too am pissed they aren't even granting him an interview.

Whats the fascination with Dan Campbell? Will you guys ever move past his couple interim wins???? lol.

I don’t think it’s fascination-or the couple interim wins, really. I think people saw a young, passionate guy on the upswing that demonstrated the ability to take a horrible situation and light a fire under the players’ asses. It doesn’t have to be one extreme or the other. After all the craptastic coaching we have had here for so long can you really blame anyone for seeing someone come in and immediately seize control and being hopeful?

If he is so revered why is he not a OC or DC? I mean he has been gone for 3 years and has not ascended and we are looking to let him bypass a crucial step? People get on Ross for Philben not calling the plays in GB but we want a guy that's not even scheming for gameday? Makes sense to me. Aldo if Gase could not get good coaches in here how does he? A guy like Fangio already is a stud on the defensive side and knows more people.

If he is so revered why is he not a OC or DC? I mean he has been gone for 3 years and has not ascended and we are looking to let him bypass a crucial step? People get on Ross for Philben not calling the plays in GB but we want a guy that's not even scheming for gameday? Makes sense to me
The Saints have been hiding him, like we did with Grier for 18 years.

If he is so revered why is he not a OC or DC? I mean he has been gone for 3 years and has not ascended and we are looking to let him bypass a crucial step? People get on Ross for Philben not calling the plays in GB but we want a guy that's not even scheming for gameday? Makes sense to me

Some people actually stay in the same job they like instead of job hopping like the last fraud coach we hired. He is assistant head coach learning the position under one of the best.

Campbell sure seems to have impressed some fanes with his 5-7 record, which was worse than the coach he replaced on an interim basis or the coach that replaced him. I'm actually on record requesting someone with head coaching experience, I mean ful time head coach not a former interim. I'm tired of Miami being a training school for assistant coaches who want to become head coaches. If you're a business owner with a record of hiring former assistant mangers to run your business and failing maybe it would be wise to try hiring someone who's actually been a manager before.

Campbell sure seems to have impressed some fanes with his 5-7 record, which was worse than the coach he replaced on an interim basis or the coach that replaced him. I'm actually on record requesting someone with head coaching experience, I mean ful time head coach not a former interim. I'm tired of Miami being a training school for assistant coaches who want to become head coaches. If you're a business owner with a record of hiring former assistant mangers to run your business and failing maybe it would be wise to try hiring someone who's actually been a manager before.

Sometimes situations warrant looking beyond the record. The guy was 5-7 as an interim coach. It seems unfair to write the book on him based solely on that. I’m not really advocating for the guy but he possesses qualities that I think lend themselves to him eventually being a good head coach.

I think Campbell's vision for the team and message were good ones. I didn't expect him to have major success taking over mid-season with Joe Philbin's lame duck staff and a roster that was not exactly great.

I'm not saying he needs to be the next head coach of the Dolphins, but I think that he's the kind of guy who is worth a second look.

It’s still early in this HC searching process. I for one hope they don’t hire someone too quickly, I’m hoping for them to take as long as possible with due diligence to find the right coach for this team.

Some people actually stay in the same job they like instead of job hopping like the last fraud coach we hired. He is assistant head coach learning the position under one of the best.
And with 12 games of real HC experience. He’s in a good spot.

How is that worse than the 1-3 Philbin he replaced? Unless you’re looking at Philbin’s entire tenure in which case you’d think you grant Campbell some slack as he took over someone else’s crap heap and got the team to play as well as they could or better at times (like beating the snot out of Tenn and Houston 6 TDs by halftime style) instead of underachieving or playing like they don’t care. He didn’t get the offseason to plan but he sure showed command and control of that team pretty damn quickly. I hope he gets a HC gig and I hope he is successful. Seems like a great guy and one that the players respect.

Sometimes situations warrant looking beyond the record. The guy was 5-7 as an interim coach. It seems unfair to write the book on him based solely on that. I’m not really advocating for the guy but he possesses qualities that I think lend themselves to him eventually being a good head coach.
Agreed. We saw a fire and fierocity in the team that had been lacking for ages. The way we rolled up on the Titans and Texans (combined scores of 82-39) over two games was so much fun to watch. Those teams had no idea what had hit them and it was clear that all of those Oklahoma drills and “remember why you chose to play this sport” motivational speeches worked - as both Tennessee and Houston had an expectation we were going to play a different way - Philbin style and boy did we maul them for it. Losing Wake to the Achilles in the Thursday night loss at Foxboro was the death knell for this team but at least he took out NE in the rematch at the end of the year to keep them from HF and likely another Lombardi. I was at the game when we beat Baltimore - it’s a trip I do w my Ravens friends every year since we started playing the Ravens every year it seems. Yeah even though Scaub played my buddies were stunned by the punch-counter punch mentality we were playing with going blow for blow w those guys in an old fashioned black and blue slugfest which we pulled out w a late FG. I recall Campbell’s presser afterwards when he said something to the effect of “that’s the kind of game I like”. I so wish we had that physical identity he brought. If not him, hopefully the next HC brings it.

I was a fan, I lobbied hard for the guy, was mocked pretty hard at the time lol....wish he was on the list, and his multiple interviews in the league this year is not a surprise to me, very predicatble..

I'll say this about Campbell...during our brief time with him as HC, he managed to break two curses in the same game, by FINALLY giving us our first ever win over the Houston Texans, as well as giving us the only game we scored more than 40 points in over a decade.

He inherited a mid season mess and did about the best one could expect with it given the circumstances, and then was unceremoniously dumped.

Currently, he's on the staff of the best team in the NFL.

Remind me again how in the **** we aren't at least giving him a look?!

Back
Top Bottom