Dan Campbell - Not Even On Interview List? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dan Campbell - Not Even On Interview List?

I find it very strange that this guy isn't even getting an interview with Miami?

Did he flip over a table after he didn't get it last time?

If this is true, your second question pretty clearly explains your first. I always flip over tables when I don't get what I want. I find that leads to good recommendations.

Edit: I just realized that I misread this. I read it as "Didn't he flip over...."

Last edited:
I think people like the idea of Dan Campbell more than the reality, which wasn’t all that impressive as far as head coaching.

Plus, I don’t fully understand wanting to stick with or return to anybody who had anything to do with the past 15 godawful years.

Whats the fascination with Dan Campbell? Will you guys ever move past his couple interim wins???? lol.

Reminds a few of a young Bill Cowher...

He may not be a "genius" x and o dude (we've flopped with those kind anyway) but he's a LEADER and MANAGER type

who might have collected some great training in New Orleans. IMO he's definitely worthy of an interview -- unless as some

have stated that he isn't interested... IMO NFL HC has got to bring "something" special to the table -- either as a leader or

strategist, or innovator etc. Dan has the potential to be an excellent leader and probably an excellent motivator -- he needs

a DC and OC for sure --- but so do most head coaches...

We could certainly do worse -- and we probably will...

This! He took a terrible team and did good things with them. More than people thought. He was respected by the players and elevated their level of play. He is getting interviews from other teams so others think he is worthy of it. If Ross doesn't want him that makes me want him more.

This! He took a terrible team and did good things with them. More than people thought. He was respected by the players and elevated their level of play. He is getting interviews from other teams so others think he is worthy of it. If Ross doesn't want him that makes me want him more.

LOVE THAT!!!!

:)

Dan Campbell seems like a coach who’s schtick would wear thin on most adults. I think his impact in his brief time as head coach stems more from player relief then any actual leadership. How often can you do Oklahoma’s, bull in the ring, tug of war until these grown ass men realize that they are not in youth league anymore.

I doubt he could put a quality staff together. I don't want him bringing back Zach Taylor either. Pass.

I think the fascination is we're sick of watching the Dolphins get pushed around and Campbell would absolutely look to fix that. Not sure how successful he would be but I think that's what folks see in Campbell.

Dan Campbell seems like a coach who’s schtick would wear thin on most adults. I think his impact in his brief time as head coach stems more from player relief then any actual leadership. How often can you do Oklahoma’s, bull in the ring, tug of war until these grown *** men realize that they are not in youth league anymore.

Don't forget the winner of the practice between offense and defense gets to wear the black jerseys the next day! Gotta have this guy back. It is amazing when you have a coach like philibin,before you, how that makes the intern look good. Philbin wasted years of easy schedules and healthy teams, plus he really really made Tannehill worse. Tannehill was never going to be great ,but he killed his body behind that online and he tried to make him a pocket passer. Philbin and Cameron are the worst coaches I have seen in dolphin history. 2013 and 2015 we had easy schedules and a healthy team. That guy couldn't get to 9-7? WTF Gase at least took advantage of a soft schedule in 2016. Worst ****ing coach ever.

Stop it. This organization would know more than most what Dan brings to the table.

If he's not on the list, it's for good reason.

I disagree. Dan is seen pretty much universally as an ascending talent. I have to laugh a bit at your acting as if this franchise’s decision makers are suddenly somehow infallible, all-knowing experts. Campbell supposedly was pissed that he wasn’t given real consideration when Gase was hired and they remember that and feel either he wouldn’t be interested or they simply don’t want him because they’ve technically “been there, done that.”

In any event, I feel it’s a mistake to write him off. I don’t know when but I believe Campbell is going to be a hell of a head coach at some point.

Back
Top Bottom