Dan Marino has betrayed us all. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dan Marino has betrayed us all.

Originally posted by ZOD

I really haven't said anything about Dan but to address that question.

I was a fan of this team before Dan Marino. I am a fan of this team after Dan Marino. Dan didn't exactly play for this team for peanuts. He was paid very well for what he did and I appreciate it.

With that said, it doesn't give him the right to come back to the organization and give us a black eye.

Its not a black eye Zod. Would you really want Dan doing something he really doesnt want to do after thinking about it? Hasnt anyone jumped into something that you thought was great and suddenly realized that it was not what you thought it would be? I think everything happend so fast that Dan never slept on it. He went home and asked the wife and kids and they said, as always, sure Dan, sounds great. this is no big deal.

Originally posted by Section126
First, some facts...........

FACT:
Wayne Huzienga has always loved Dan and has showed him so with all the stock tips and business opportunities he has hande number 13.

Wayne offered him a plum job that was a stepping stone to the presidency of the Fins and possible ownership.

DAN MARINO turned all that down for what?

Money............plain and simple............He didn't want to work 10 and 12 hour days for half the money.

He would rather have a few million more dollars so he can buy another condo in New York.

This is a betrayal of Wayne by Dan........plain and simple..........

Dan betryed wayne?? How such? Wayne didn't have a thing to do with marino coming into this league.
Have ytou thought of the possibility [looking more and more like it] that Wayne betrayed Dan by hiring him only to boost ticket sales. One thing you must realize about Wayne is that EVERY decision he makes is driven by the dollar. Every one of them

So I can just see it all now. We go 11-5 next yr and STILL miss the and it would be Dan's fault !! :rolleyes:

Again, I just don't see what the big deal is.

Nobody knows what really happened. And it's not as if the head coach or GM or salary cap guy just quit on us. We didn't lose our best scout or relocate the team. It was a non-football position that didn't exist three weeks ago. And it doesn't exist now.

No harm, no foul. Really, I could care less. What I'm concerned with is the combine, free agency, and the draft.

Originally posted by canadainfin-fan
I still love dan and i hope he is happy no matter what he is doing for a living

Amen to that....:)

AMEN is right...Dan is still the Man...Dan Marino...the best there is...the best there was...and the best that there will ever be...QB that is not NFL executive...yet!!!

best there is or not, i still feel betrayed. i saw a ray of hope for next season with him at GM... .now i just see another missing the playoffs season.

Dan was not the GM. Rick Speilman is the GM. Rick Speilman has the final call. Marino never did.

You honestly believe(d) that the difference between "hope" and missing the playoffs was Dan Marino??

sorry, i meant VP, not GM. and yes, i thought Marino would make a huge difference b/c of his eye for talent and re-structuring the offense. if he was to resign, i wish he would have AFTER the draft.... i had a lot of faith in his eye for talent. not saying he is the best, but what now? i figured he knows our system as good as anyone, and knows what we are trying to achieve and what system we use. i don't think that him not being here eliminates us from the playoffs, but we didn't make it the last two years. I will wait until the draft to make my decisions, but if we come out with questionable picks, i would be surprised if we make the playoffs next year.

don't get me wrong, i WANT us to, i just don't see it if we have horrible scouting.

I thought Marino would have been another eye on the back of the GM and coach. Not much experience in judging talent, except QB talent and skills...

I don't think Dan would have made a difference in getting us to the playoffs. He would have been brought in to replace Eddie Jones in a few years I believe, but he did not have the experience for the job. IMO, that is what WH wanted from Dan....

Yes, Dan would have been great to have in the front office, after some time (a few years), he would have been in good shape to be a talent evaluator (scout)...

Originally posted by finfan54

Its not a black eye Zod. Would you really want Dan doing something he really doesnt want to do after thinking about it? Hasnt anyone jumped into something that you thought was great and suddenly realized that it was not what you thought it would be? I think everything happend so fast that Dan never slept on it. He went home and asked the wife and kids and they said, as always, sure Dan, sounds great. this is no big deal.
ain't that the truth. i really thought being a supervisor/leadman was great till i became one. quit after 3 months!:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Muck
Dan was not the GM. Rick Speilman is the GM. Rick Speilman has the final call. Marino never did.

You honestly believe(d) that the difference between "hope" and missing the playoffs was Dan Marino??

I think it will hurt us in recruiting, yes ... because it gives us the appearance of not knowing what we're doing. And appearance counts for a lot.

And yes, I am mad at Dan. I would be a lot more understanding if it weren't for this: Dan approached Wayne about the job to start with. Wayne is not stupid -- he saw this as a chance to regain some respect with the fan base and install a level of accountability. And then Dan decided he didn't want to do it, after taking part in a grand total of one job-related function.

So yes, I do blame Dan.

Originally posted by Section126
First, some facts...........

FACT:
Wayne Huzienga has always loved Dan and has showed him so with all the stock tips and business opportunities he has hande number 13.

Wayne offered him a plum job that was a stepping stone to the presidency of the Fins and possible ownership.

DAN MARINO turned all that down for what?

Money............plain and simple............He didn't want to work 10 and 12 hour days for half the money.

He would rather have a few million more dollars so he can buy another condo in New York.

This is a betrayal of Wayne by Dan........plain and simple..........

Edited by mod. Thank you for making it right down below.

Dan didn't betray us. Dan woke up, and came to the realization that this job would be too difficult for him. Nothing more....

He did the right thing by getting out while he could. At least he didn't make things any worse for us. We still have Rick, and our new OC to take care of the offense. I'm not worried about Dan leaving, it's his life, and the last thing I would do is start calling him a betrayer....

He'll be back some day in the near future IMO...As owner of the Miami Dolphins.

PHINZ RULE!!!!:pirate:

Dan Marino betrayed us all.

And more.............

Dan Marino made a fool of himself.

The damage to his short term legacy is huge.

His long term legacy is un-touched.......he is still Mr. Dolphin........

But I tell you what I hope for..............I hope they win it all next year.

Back
Top Bottom