Dang it Mike Mayock and NFL Network | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dang it Mike Mayock and NFL Network

Maybe in the past not as much right now. But let's say you're right. Haven't we attempted to build our trenches for the last several years? All we have to show is mediocrity. Let's try something different. How about picking players that can score. :crazy:

The big difference is that we switched blocking schemes on the O-line, which is IMHO part of the reason why we let Jake go. Trading for Branden makes me feel better about the draft, although part of me thinks that Signing Winston makes more sense. I just really hate this draft to be honest, I would love to trade back to 18-20 and draft Rhodes or Trufant, but I think every team picking early is thinking that. Crappy year to have a lot of picks.

I think if we are still at 12 when it comes around we take eifert so I wouldn't worry. we need rz targets badly.

I hope not... I really like Austin, and that TE

If Ansah is still there at 12 and we pick Eifert I'm going to scratch my head. Only way I see us taking Eifert at 12 is if Ansah is gone. I personally believe the Eifert interest is mere smokescreen and attempt at tempting a team to trade up with us for him.

He just stated on Path to the Draft that the Jets should take Austin at 9 and Eifert at 13! If that happens I will be ticked off. It's bad enough our GM would pick an UN-exciting OL but to see the Jets get those two playmakers would make me turn my tv off. Thoughts?

well if the jests dont take Eifert @ 9 then we pick @ 12 one B4 the yets pick again so if we want him then we better be pickin him @ 12 .

I think 12 is far too high to go after a tight end. I think we can get Escobar or Reed in the 3rd or 4th and get the same production out of them. And you only have so many receivers on the field at once. We have Wallace, Hartline, Gibson and Bess...plus Rishard Matthews so we have far more pressing needs that an undersized receiver who may or may not be good. We'd be much better served trading back to the 20s and grabbing a corner like Hayden or pass rusher like Carradine.

And you only have so many receivers on the field at once. We have Wallace, Hartline, Gibson and Bess...plus Rishard Matthews

Still not enough speed or size at receiver. Wallace adds some speed but still not enough on offense. Hartline is good at picking up first downs but he doesn't offer much when it comes to RAC or scoring neither does Bess. No clue why they signed Gibson, he's average at best and being paid way too much to be a #3 or 4 receiver. Matthews has a lot to prove. If the Dolphins don't come out of this draft at least upgrading their TE and Receiving corps it's going to be a huge disappointment. Right now compared to last year the Dolphins receivers have gone from awful to maybe slightly above average. I don't think we should be satisfied with that.

He also said instead of trading for Albert we would be smart to trade up to 4 to get Lane Johnson, I'm starting to hate Mike Mayock...

Back
Top Bottom